Miley Cyrus signs to Columbia Records

2 hours ago, PZHSB said:

I don’t even think it matters anymore what label someone is on. Music sales are dead. There’s no money in it anymore. Labels just don’t provide the funding and promo like they used to. Music has become too fast. 

That's true, every label don't promote except Republic Records.

• Like 1

Finally. She needs some order in her career.  I know people appreciate her flying by the seat of her pants with disorganized singles and multiple themes overlapping simultaneously, but I like to know what era I'm in and see a nice steady rollout of singles that kind of have a rhyme and reason to them.  I loved everything about her performances especially all the Rock stuff, but there's a chaos to it that makes it feel kind of half assed sometimes.

5 hours ago, Style. said:

Plastic Hearts deserved so much more. Imagine having the best female artist of our generation signed to your label, but can’t do nothing to help her promote one of the best albums of the last year! Angels Like You, Night Crawling and Plastic Hearts were perfectly sealed and delivered for us and yet they missed the opportunity of promoting them. 

💀 POP IS DEAD 💀 

Pray tell how did they miss the opportunity to promote Plastic Hearts? My YouTube feed during the entire year of 2020 was basically Miley Cyrus new performance upload EVERY OTHER FREAKIN DAY. 

if that’s not “promo” enough idk what is.

41 minutes ago, TarzanPapi1776 said:

Finally. She needs some order in her career.  I know people appreciate her flying by the seat of her pants with disorganized singles and multiple themes overlapping simultaneously, but I like to know what era I'm in and see a nice steady rollout of singles that kind of have a rhyme and reason to them.  I loved everything about her performances especially all the Rock stuff, but there's a chaos to it that makes it feel kind of half assed sometimes.

In my opinion, her anime was just as cohesive as Future Nostalgia and Kylie’s Disco. It has the 80s rock music theme weaved into it from beginning to end. What stroke you as odd in the album?

In my opinion, she should have kept her mouth shut about the hip hop music comments in 2017, that really hurt her, and several articles came out saying, typical white girl using hip hop to be a bad girl, to disown it, when it doesn't fit her narrative.

She kinda lost fans cos of that comments, she even is labeled a problematic fav among some black Music fans. 

She kinda hurt herself, she still has damage control to do on those comments. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, theholyspearit22 said:

Plastic Hearts has another two singles left I reckon.

Gimme What I Want

Angels Like You 

Night Crawling 

RELEASE!!!!!

I think it’s great she’s shifted away from RCA. When will Britney?

Britney owes 3 more studio albums, she signed the usual 4 album deal renewal in 2014. 

Probably the only label willing to work with due to her swift decline in sales. 

She only sold 1.2 Million albums in the US last decade, a far cry from the 28.5 Million she sold in the US in the 00s. 

On 3/4/2021 at 6:48 PM, bas che said:

In my opinion, her anime was just as cohesive as Future Nostalgia and Kylie’s Disco. It has the 80s rock music theme weaved into it from beginning to end. What stroke you as odd in the album?

I guess I just thought it was leading up to something bigger.  I loved the zombie performance but disco and rock don't really go together and I wasn't crazy about the hair.  I hope in the next era she fully commits to rock because it deserves it's own space to shine.   I can see rock coming back with how well her and Doja's rock performances were received. 

Even though it may seem like a short span to us, I think Miley hasn't been this committed to an era in a long time, and for the way her mind works (from what I can understand from all her many interviews) this has actually been long for her haha. We should be thankful and enjoy what we've got, which has been an amazing album with good visuals. She's becoming a great artist!

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 3/6/2021 at 11:38 AM, TarzanPapi1776 said:

I guess I just thought it was leading up to something bigger.  I loved the zombie performance but disco and rock don't really go together and I wasn't crazy about the hair.  I hope in the next era she fully commits to rock because it deserves it's own space to shine.   I can see rock coming back with how well her and Doja's rock performances were received. 

Say So rock remix in the EMAs slayer hard. I agree with you, Mileys aesthetic wasn’t so great this era (she never had an iconic look and feel imo) but her music this era hits hard. Give it a few more spins.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block