Dr. Seuss Books Are Pulled, and a ‘Cancel Culture’ Controversy Erupts

GMFlop

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable. Dr. Seuss’s estate decided independently to pull these books because they thought they were problematic, people didn’t have pitchforks demanding them to be dropped. If they did this without making an announcement, no one would’ve even noticed.

I love these politicians “owning the libs” by driving the books up the charts on Amazon, thanks, you gave a lot of money to the people that decided to discontinue the books lol.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:33 AM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

A private company discontinued a product because it wasnt selling and noone had heard of it and this is 'censorship'?

You're a katy perry stan, arent you?

Conservatives have always been snowflakes with persecution complexes. They also only love the free market when the free market acts in a way that agrees with them.:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

On 3/14/2021 at 10:40 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Can someone explain to me what happened? :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

Basically Dr. Seuss Enterprises said "hey we have these 6 books that have kinda racist images, maybe we shouldn't publish them anymore", and then republicans accused democrats of "cancelling" Dr. Seuss. Even though Dr. Seuss Enterprises made the decision on their own lol. Then republicans decided to "own the libs" by buying all of Dr. Seuss's books and driving them up the charts, but they were just rewarding the company for doing the thing they were angry about in the first place lol. They have brain worms I swear.

3 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Basically Dr. Seuss Enterprises said "hey we have these 6 books that have kinda racist images, maybe we shouldn't publish them anymore", and then republicans accused democrats of "cancelling" Dr. Seuss. Even though Dr. Seuss Enterprises made the decision on their own lol. Then republicans decided to "own the libs" by buying all of Dr. Seuss's books and driving them up the charts, but they were just rewarding the company for doing the thing they were angry about in the first place lol. They have brain worms I swear.

Additionally, the books the majority of Republicans bought were Dr.Seuss Classics, like The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham, rather than the problematic ones no one had heard of.

Archived