IFPI announces top selling global artists in 2020

• Content Curators

2020 is a terrible year for everyone. Some artists still worked hard to push out music for fans to listen to during the difficult period.

IFPI has revealed the top 10 selling artists in the world in 2020 (in equivalent album units).

1.  BTS

2. Taylor Swift

3. Drake

4. The Weeknd

5. Billie Eilish

6. Eminem

7. Post Malone

8. Ariana Grande

9. Juice Wrld

10. Justin Bieber

This is the first time a non-English music artist has topped the year-end chart.

Of course my husband would top the chart. No surprise. I bought 30 of his albums last year.:endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:4C9F9DB9-48DB-474A-A088-08DEB4A7F1FD.thumb.jpeg.25dd845c0f4b3d3ada6aec7f2ec5ec37.jpeg 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

MediaTraffic is more relevant when it comes to tracking of album sales than IFPI. Taylor couldn’t have the #2 when her record shifted just about 3 million units. Plus, Harry Styles had the second highest selling album of last year, o way he is not even in the top 10 when his record received massive sales.

Wdym folklore received massive sales too and was number one for 8 weeks. Taylor also has evermores first few week sales so she can easily be number 2.

4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

MediaTraffic is more relevant when it comes to tracking of album sales than IFPI. Taylor couldn’t have the #2 when her record shifted just about 3 million units. Plus, Harry Styles had the second highest selling album of last year, o way he is not even in the top 10 when his record received massive sales

Taylor had two of the biggest selling new release albums of the year, two number one singles, a rerelease single, and was planning a tour before covid hit for an album she was still releasing singles from, and was entering 2020 on a string of "Artist of the Decade" wins, and that's before you add critical acclaim reviews drawing into the mix.

Why would she get that spot when no other artist on the list was as successful and consistent as she was? I'm honestly surprised to see some names so high up on that list, but Taylor deserves to be there.

Harry Styles album was a 2019 release but he had consistent singles in 2020. Why bieber's theres and not him is beyond me.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block