This Day in Pop: 'Break the Ice' is released as a single in 2008 (March 03)

11 hours ago, KrisJ said:

One of her BEST songs - it’s top two for me (And then we kiss is first) 

The (original) Vegas performance was awesome and so is this remix: 

where have you been all my life? those are my favorite 2 songs of her EVER, above all things ever created. also, and then we kiss original >

• Love 2

This is one of the best songs ever, hands down! It's perfection!

I remember there was a meltdown at the time here bc she didn't record the video but was recording HIMYM instead :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• 11 months later...

I will admit this song is kindaa overrated. I've never hated it although it took a while for me to click with me and for years I didn't understand why fans were so obsessed with this song. It's so dark and mysterious and the intro is ICONIC.

Shame it didn't get a proper music video though.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but i think BTI had the potential to be one of brit’s biggest hits. Had she had released it with a proper video and live performances, this would IMO be around the same league as Toxic in terms of popularity and pop culture (i know she was going through a rough patch then btw just a what if). Maybe even a remix with Timberland & JT could have been released a while after as they were poppin’ in 2007 (i know fabulous did a remix but would have prefered the other two) 

Whenever i play this song in the car or at party’s everyone vibes with it while not really knowing the song , which is quite rare as most people at party’s wanna hear songs they know or they’ll request to skip (i DJ quite a bit so i’m familiar with reactions at party’s).

The song has got a mature and **** vibe to it which i think would have aged the song well and would be one of Brit’s more serious hits that don’t have the guilty-pleasure taboo attached to them (like how Toxic is still current today where as BOMT/OOPS is seen more as a teen bop and is a guilty pleasure these days)  Not to mention the beat to this song is so versatile. If would spawn many remixes and samples. That alien/futuristic sound during the final chorus would work well today. 

what if what if i know haha but i’m bored and love Break the Ice.