We need to talk about these deepfake Tom Cruise TikTok videos

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I fail to see the consequences of them finding out being worse than her current situation. Unless they created deep fakes to create interviews of her speaking in favor of the conservatorship. 

See Black Mirror: Season 5, Episode 3

• Like 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda scary tbh. Hoping Team Britney never finds out.

You have to wonder, what were the intentions for even inventing this? Who funded the research and analytics it took to create this?   This technology is how they will re-write history. 

The potential of deep fakes is so scary

Posted Images

• Community Leader
3 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I wonder if we'll get to the point where actors no longer have to actually be the ones acting in movies, they can just sell their likeness to studios and do the rest themselves. 

100% will happen imo 

• Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

It's scary because you will be able to make anyone do anything, say anything, but also because people will use it for their defense when they are caught in camera doing something wrong. "That's a deep fake" is the new "I was hacked / it's photoshopped"

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I’ve seen it and I still don’t see the correlation 

My thought process is:

Deep Fake= Make Instagram videos/do interviews while the actual person is an a medically induced coma.

Hologram: Performs “in person” for an audience while actual person is in a medically induced coma

6 hours ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

Charli XCX used deepfake for her 1999 MV (Spice Girls part). Lord knows what Britney's team would do 

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/11/17963166/charli-xcx-1999-video-spice-girls-deepfakes-ryan-staake

On the plus side, when I’m 80, they’ll superimpose Oops Britney’s face on a body double and we’ll continue to get hits. Then even after she’s deceased, there are so many demos, I bet they could keep banging hits into my afterlife. Imagine her impact and resurgence in the pop world a 100 years from now. They’ll have to make some kind of excuse for never performing or doing any promotional events, but I’m certain that could also be deep faked too or cloning would be such a norm that no one question it. 

• Like 1

What’s stopping any artist to use deep fake in their videos. Like Britney could literally use this technology to use her 18 yr old face again. 

as a culture j feel we’re moving towards just everyone having avatars 

16 hours ago, jordeezy said:

That looks more like a Tom Cruise look-alike than a deep fake of Tom Cruise

That's the thing: this IS the look-alike guy. There's an interview with him on the web. No deep fake here. I could bet my reputation on it (okay, a max. of 5 bucks) :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

• Love 1
  • Community Curators
4 hours ago, TedTwice said:

That's the thing: this IS the look-alike guy. There's an interview with him on the web. No deep fake here. I could bet my reputation on it (okay, a max. of 5 bucks) :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

That's what I was thinking...