We need to talk about these deepfake Tom Cruise TikTok videos

• Community Leader

Millions of people watched Tom Cruise play golf and do magic tricks on TikTok.

Thing is, it's actually not Tom Cruise at all. It's a deepfake - meaning, technology to make it appear it's Tom Cruise, when in reality it isn't. 

Vice writes:

A deepfake video typically involves swapping one person’s face onto the body of someone else, using a kind of artificial intelligence technique known as a “generative adversarial network” to match the target’s facial movements with the new face.

I repeat: this is not really Tom Cruise.

I don't even want to begin what the implications are for this - especially in the pop music world.

Exhale, thoughts? Are you frightened? Intrigued? Sound off. BTW this is really me. :surejan:

tom-cruise-deepfake.jpg.0e06cc68b13ea458437a4156cb596937.jpg

• Love 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda scary tbh. Hoping Team Britney never finds out.

You have to wonder, what were the intentions for even inventing this? Who funded the research and analytics it took to create this?   This technology is how they will re-write history. 

The potential of deep fakes is so scary

Posted Images

• Community Curators

You have to wonder, what were the intentions for even inventing this? Who funded the research and analytics it took to create this? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:  This technology is how they will re-write history. 

• Love 1
  • Like 5
  • Community Leader
10 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

That looks more like a Tom Cruise look-alike than a deep fake of Tom Cruise

IDK when I saw these I legit and to keep re-reading to make SURE it wasn't actually Tom Cruise. This legit will haunt me lol

• Love 1
  • Like 2

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Community Curators
1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

IDK when I saw these I legit and to keep re-reading to make SURE it wasn't actually Tom Cruise. This legit will haunt me lol

This is def the most convincing deep fake that I have seen - you can't see the pixelation like you typically can. I guess they are still working hard on progressing their technology. I don't like it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, Britneylandia said:

Kinda scary tbh. Hoping Team Britney never finds out.

I fail to see the consequences of them finding out being worse than her current situation. Unless they created deep fakes to create interviews of her speaking in favor of the conservatorship. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻