Britney Spears' HD remastered music videos get uploaded to her YouTube channel - this is not a drill!!

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

what did they do to Stronger and Lucky? :ohnoney_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_sunglasses_surprised_shocked_what:

at least Oops doesn't look that bad.

BTI looks good. IUSA, Radar, MP, I really can't tell the difference. 

POM could cut apples with how sharp it is 

Stronger, 3, BOMT, Lucky, IUSA and My Prerogative are definitely the worse on her channel.

Oops looks okay, better than the old one which suffered from aliasing (you know, those lines on edges) but it looks definitely 480p instead of true HD. They just added a lot of blurring and some sharpen.

If U Seek Amy is just awful. The original music video has film grains (watch the DVD or the ProRes Master, it has a LOT of film grains added on purpose to give a vintage look). On the remaster, they added so much of blurring that they completely removed film grains! Same with My Prerogative! :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Radar has a better quality compared to the old 480p actually, because there’s no more aliasing.

I will anyway make a video which compares the old 480p videos VS new HD Official videos VS my 4K remasters with an analysis of all differences.

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

The Lucky one is just embarrassingly bad. Here’s what they probably did, they probably imported the videos in Final Cut Pro or something, pressed some “auto enhance” button, and exported at 1080p

more like they just grabbed the versions they already had on YouTube and used one of those online sites that give you a 5 attempts free trial

@MSTAR do Tidal videos look this bad?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

more like they just grabbed the versions they already had on YouTube and used one of those online sites that give you a 5 attempts free trial

@MSTAR do Tidal videos look this bad?

The remasters on YouTube are the same as of Tidal. Those remasters are probably from Sony Music Entertainment (which is the main brand/major label of RCA/Zomba/Jive Records).

They just used Composite masters, deinterlaced them which can leave some aliasing like on Lucky. They removed aliasing almost on all videos except Lucky which is a little strange. But yeah, except sharpening and blurring the video, it seems they didn’t applied something else on the video.

• Like 2
On 3/4/2021 at 12:33 AM, PokemonSpears said:

even though we know Britney's team history of paying dust to her legacy, I think in this particular regard of HD videos, they're not the only ones, other "HD" videos like Bad Romance also look kinda lame so who knows what goes behind the scenes in order to have most of these videos done the cheap way, and other artists like Madonna doing a better job, like I don't know if it depends on each artist's management, or the record label, or is it because they really have lost the original films or what 

Reminder that an actual Natural 1080p copy of Lady Gaga's Love Game has already been available on Itunes for years, but the copy on her YouTube Page available is merely an Upscale from a 480p source.

In fact, it's a certainty that most Music Videos from 2008-2010 have already existing 1080p masters.

• Like 2
On 3/9/2021 at 5:41 AM, HairFullOfSecrets said:

Yeah, but considering Toxic is her second most viewed video, it doesnt make sense why it still havent been uploaded in HD. 

Fun fact. Out of all Whitney's Music Videos, the one that gets a proper 4k Remaster treatment (rescanning of the original film) is the greatest love of all

this has 192M views at the moment.

What about I will always Love you?

at 1B

The thumbnail says 4k, but its actually just an ugly upscale from an early 90s video tape source. They couldn't even do the barest minimum of using footage from the already HD remastered The Bodyguard.

At Least Whitney has one genuine remaster.

Cindy Lauper ain't so lucky with all her "4K" music videos actually being upscales from early 80s video tape sources.

On 3/9/2021 at 2:26 AM, MSTAR said:

They are maybe coming. Many artists have some remastered videos and still have some which aren’t remastered, so we just have to be patient. It’s also possible they won’t remaster some videos tho.

Its also possible that Slave (or maybe toxic) becomes the one Music Video that actually gets a proper 35mm Film rescan to 4k remaster.

For some reason, some artitsts have all their old Music Videos be only Upscaled except for one video which gets a proper HD Treatment.

See: Whitney Houston and the Greatest Love of All vs all her other videos

The Cranberries and Zombie Vs. all their other videos

Bon Jovi and Living on a Prayer

Oasis and D'You know what I mean.

It's also possible  that toxic and Slave will just be upscales too, a Mariah Situation where all remasters are just Upscales

I guess not everyone can Be the Beatles where all their Videos get a genuine remaster.. Or maybe even Linkin Park where ALL videos from One Era, and Only One Era (Hybrid Theory Era) get genuine remasters, including the CG-heavy In the End.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, aspireone said:

Its also possible that Slave (or maybe toxic) becomes the one Music Video that actually gets a proper 35mm Film rescan to 4k remaster.

For some reason, some artitsts have all their old Music Videos be only Upscaled except for one video which gets a proper HD Treatment.

See: Whitney Houston and the Greatest Love of All vs all her other videos

The Cranberries and Zombie Vs. all their other videos

Bon Jovi and Living on a Prayer

Oasis and D'You know what I mean.

It's also possible  that toxic and Slave will just be upscales too, a Mariah Situation where all remasters are just Upscales

I guess not everyone can Be the Beatles where all their Videos get a genuine remaster.. Or maybe even Linkin Park where ALL videos from One Era, and Only One Era (Hybrid Theory Era) get genuine remasters, including the CG-heavy In the End.

The remasters are the same of the ones we find on Tidal. All Britney’s videos were remastered on Tidal, and all are just bad upscales (can’t even believe they are even upscales, just 480p composite masters with sharpening and blurring exported in 1080p).

I’ve never expected real remasters but at least good upscales as they should have somewhere HQ copies of videos in ProRes or at least just upscaling from DVD sources at least.

• Like 1

As well as butchering the video quality and audio quality (Stronger sounds awful mono quality) for these remasters, Sony/RCA seems to have stuffed the descriptions up putting lyrics from completely different Britney songs in the description.

Currently, 

Sometimes' video has the lyrics to Radar :orangu_orangutan_ape:

(You Drive Me) Crazy video has the lyrics to 3

Stronger video has the lyrics to Radar

Messy

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, GODNEYSPEARS99 said:

As well as butchering the video quality and audio quality (Stronger sounds awful mono quality) for these remasters, Sony/RCA seems to have stuffed the descriptions up putting lyrics from completely different Britney songs in the description.

Currently, 

Sometimes' video has the lyrics to Radar :orangu_orangutan_ape:

(You Drive Me) Crazy video has the lyrics to 3

Stronger video has the lyrics to Radar

Messy

will Radar ever leave us alone? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 4