Britney Spears' HD remastered music videos get uploaded to her YouTube channel - this is not a drill!!

3 hours ago, Drewbee said:

I already posted this in another thread, but since this is more active, I actually contacted someone who worked on Oops and asked about her videos getting proper HD masters from the film negatives and he said after being transferred to tape, the camera negatives were most likely thrown in the trash. Which is a shame if 100% true, cause we could possibly get her old videos shot in the aspect ratio 4:3 in 16:9 because there would be extra image on the sides. Like we could get a Blu-ray with the original 4:3 and an option to watch the 16:9 versions. Just watch the making of her videos and you'll see on the monitors that there is more image than what they had framed. Like this:

E6RHjpR.jpgOLfWIG7.jpgiR60Nh0.jpg

yeah, sadly it's very likely they only kept the edited material.

tbh, it's been a constant thing I've been hearing lately, even as recent as the Jonathan Ross interview in 2016, and with a Mexican telenovela which the producer was asked if there were some bloopers and such, and he said like, because everything was recorded on tape back in the day, they just couldn't keep everything, only the final, edited material. 

but I mean, just for history purposes, they should've kept Britney's videos somewhere, it's not like she has that many :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Drewbee said:

Oh I know all about the cost of everything, I've done a LOT of research on remastering thanks to the horrific job Fox did with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'm just being optimistic about all this lol And as to them throwing away the film negatives, I'm just saying what I was told by someone who worked on Oops. This was years ago on vimeo, which a lot of people in the film industry love to use to show their work. I even messaged Nigel **** yesterday on there asking about this. Waiting to see if I actually get an answer lol

please keep us or me updated please. it's the answers we need to the most for this issue. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, MSTAR said:

No it’s not related to the hotel, it’s just that YT blocks the video if a copyrighted content is usued in its entirety or if the extract is too long. That’s why I edit Britney’s videos instead of just uploading Official Videos. I have to cut/add new scenes each ~5%. So yeah this dance part is too long and I don’t want to cut it as it would destroy the choreography. But I will find a solution.

I see, I thought britney official channel didn't upload it because of copyrights like do somethin'

• Like 1
1 minute ago, One More Time said:

Weren't Oops and Toxic some full uncut scenes leaked some years ago? Also BOMT

They are not leaked, they were released with Greatest Hits: My Prerogative DVD in 2004. You can find them easily on YT too.

4 hours ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

What about Toxic and Slave though?

They are maybe coming. Many artists have some remastered videos and still have some which aren’t remastered, so we just have to be patient. It’s also possible they won’t remaster some videos tho.

• Like 1
On 3/5/2021 at 12:25 PM, Drewbee said:

I already posted this in another thread, but since this is more active, I actually contacted someone who worked on Oops and asked about her videos getting proper HD masters from the film negatives and he said after being transferred to tape, the camera negatives were most likely thrown in the trash. Which is a shame if 100% true, cause we could possibly get her old videos shot in the aspect ratio 4:3 in 16:9 because there would be extra image on the sides. Like we could get a Blu-ray with the original 4:3 and an option to watch the 16:9 versions. Just watch the making of her videos and you'll see on the monitors that there is more image than what they had framed. Like this:

E6RHjpR.jpgOLfWIG7.jpgiR60Nh0.jpg

My lifetime dreams just died with this information. But at least I'm not delusional anymore :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad: