Britney Spears' HD remastered music videos get uploaded to her YouTube channel - this is not a drill!!

2 hours ago, MoonLight28 said:

didn't ILRNR had a scene where Britney licked oil from the floor? where is it?

Also, can labels please stop doing HD "remasters" of their videos with low quality sources? that "3" HD video hurt my eyes tbh

No it wasn’t on the YouTube Official Version. It’s the Director’s Cut version who have this uncensored scene. I have uploaded this version in 4K.

And yeah 3 is too blurred and too sharpened, essentially on scenes where Britney is too far from the camera. On my upscale, we can see all of her skin imperfections while their remaster is so blurry that we can’t see any skin imperfections. 

1 hour ago, MSTAR said:

No it wasn’t on the YouTube Official Version. It’s the Director’s Cut version who have this uncensored scene. I have uploaded this version in 4K.

And yeah 3 is too blurred and too sharpened, essentially on scenes where Britney is too far from the camera. On my upscale, we can see all of her skin imperfections while their remaster is so blurry that we can’t see any skin imperfections. 

I Watched your ILRNR upsale, it's really a masterpiece :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, runpiggierun said:

Did you do a remastered 4K of Overprotected Darkchild Remix? I'm dying to see that one! :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I skipped it due to YT copyrights, even by editing it’s still blocked due to the dance break scene (can’t cut this part as it will destroy the choreography) but I will find a solution as fast as possible, I might release it after I finish the Circus era videos. :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

I skipped it due to YT copyrights, even by editing it’s still blocked due to the dance break scene (can’t cut this part as it will destroy the choreography) but I will find a solution as fast as possible, I might release it after I finish the Circus era videos. :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

why the break dance scene? because of the hotel? that is why britney official yt channel hasnt upload it yet? but janet has the same hitel and her video is up

2 hours ago, FreshPrince said:

why the break dance scene? because of the hotel? that is why britney official yt channel hasnt upload it yet? but janet has the same hitel and her video is up

No it’s not related to the hotel, it’s just that YT blocks the video if a copyrighted content is usued in its entirety or if the extract is too long. That’s why I edit Britney’s videos instead of just uploading Official Videos. I have to cut/add new scenes each ~5%. So yeah this dance part is too long and I don’t want to cut it as it would destroy the choreography. But I will find a solution.

I already posted this in another thread, but since this is more active, I actually contacted someone who worked on Oops and asked about her videos getting proper HD masters from the film negatives and he said after being transferred to tape, the camera negatives were most likely thrown in the trash. Which is a shame if 100% true, cause we could possibly get her old videos shot in the aspect ratio 4:3 in 16:9 because there would be extra image on the sides. Like we could get a Blu-ray with the original 4:3 and an option to watch the 16:9 versions. Just watch the making of her videos and you'll see on the monitors that there is more image than what they had framed. Like this:

E6RHjpR.jpgOLfWIG7.jpgiR60Nh0.jpg

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Drewbee said:

I already posted this in another thread, but since this is more active, I actually contacted someone who worked on Oops and asked about her videos getting proper HD masters from the film negatives and he said after being transferred to tape, the camera negatives were most likely thrown in the trash. Which is a shame if 100% true, cause we could possibly get her old videos shot in the aspect ratio 4:3 in 16:9 because there would be extra image on the sides. Like we could get a Blu-ray with the original 4:3 and an option to watch the 16:9 versions. Just watch the making of her videos and you'll see on the monitors that there is more image than what they had framed. Like this:

Lol I’ve answered you on the other thread but yeah as this one is newer and active, I will paste again my reply to continue the discussion here:

Yeah they might have cropped to make the video in 4:3 but I think they would not use the 16:9 format for a remaster because when they recorded, it was possible that someone was outside of that 4:3 square, and using the original 16:9 format without cropping can add on the videos some things they don’t want. Idk if I explained correctly.

And does it means that they will never restore the original films? But Sony would not currently remaster her videos from films because there’s no profit for now. Restoring from films is too expensive as they have to re-edit all music videos.

17 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Lol I’ve answered you on the other thread but yeah as this one is newer and active, I will paste again my reply to continue the discussion here:

Yeah they might have cropped to make the video in 4:3 but I think they would not use the 16:9 format for a remaster because when they recorded, it was possible that someone was outside of that 4:3 square, and using the original 16:9 format without cropping can add on the videos some things they don’t want. Idk if I explained correctly.

And does it means that they will never restore the original films? But Sony would not currently remaster her videos from films because there’s no profit for now. Restoring from films is too expensive as they have to re-edit all music videos.

There's a program now that makes the process of remastering film negatives a lot faster and easier. It matches the film negatives to an already made master. They've done this with a lot of tv show remasters already like the original Charmed tv show, The X-Files, Buffy(which is a horribly done master, but still) And yeah I know about there being things in frame in 16:9 masters, but if they wanted to, they could remove that digitally. And I doubt there would be a lot of things on set that would have to be removed, they were pretty good at making sure the sets were clear before filming. Even the TV shows I mentioned didn't have a LOT that needed to be removed.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Drewbee said:

There's a program now that makes the process of remastering film negatives a lot faster and easier. It matches the film negatives to an already made master. They've done this with a lot of tv show remasters already like the original Charmed tv show, The X-Files, Buffy(which is a horribly done master, but still) And yeah I know about there being things in frame in 16:9 masters, but if they wanted to, they could remove that digitally. And I doubt there would be a lot of things on set that would have to be removed, they were pretty good at making sure the sets were clear before filming. Even the TV shows I mentioned didn't have a LOT that needed to be removed.

Yeah indeed the sets had to be clear but sometimes, it’s a dancer or a person who might be on some frames, like on Slave 4 U for example. After all, if they start to rescan all films, have to re-edit everything (including remakes of CGI and Digital effects in HD like for OIDIA...) it would be so expensive, I don’t see Sony doing that. A good upscale from the highest quality material would be enough. I mean, I had pretty good results with BOMT or I Love Rock’n’Roll, and I don’t have original materials, just from the ProRes Master or even from the DVD rips. Can’t understand why they can’t do the same...

• Like 1

Music videos would cost anywhere from $10,000 to over a million dollars to shoot. I doubt the original film would have been disposed of

45 minutes ago, Drewbee said:

Music videos would cost anywhere from $10,000 to over a million dollars to shoot. Oops' music video cost nearly $1 million to shoot in 2000. I doubt the original 35mm film reels the video were shot on would have been disposed of as soon as the music video wrapped in post-production. They are most likely still in storage somewhere in the USA. The expense of doing proper remastering would cost several thousand dollars to do so. Most likely, Sony/RCA does not want to spend the money right now investing in doing a proper remaster when they can upscale to HD on the cheap. It's just disappointing they upscaled from composite tapes where the rainbow effect is still present in some scenes on videos (digitally removed as best as possible but still evident as @MSTAR suggested), when there are better quality versions of Britney's music videos to upscale from available from DVD/ProRes sources. This is the case with a lot of artists videos from Sony/UMG etc. and not just unique to Britney unfortunately.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, GODNEYSPEARS99 said:

Music videos would cost anywhere from $10,000 to over a million dollars to shoot. I doubt the original film would have been disposed of

Music videos would cost anywhere from $10,000 to over a million dollars to shoot. Oops' music video cost nearly $1 million to shoot in 2000. I doubt the original 35mm film reels the video were shot on would have been disposed of as soon as the music video wrapped in post-production. They are most likely still in storage somewhere in the USA. The expense of doing proper remastering would cost several thousand dollars to do so. Most likely, Sony/RCA does not want to spend the money right now investing in doing a proper remaster when they can upscale to HD on the cheap. It's just disappointing they upscaled from composite tapes where the rainbow effect is still present in some scenes on videos (digitally removed as best as possible but still evident as @MSTAR suggested), when there are better quality versions of Britney's music videos to upscale from available from DVD/ProRes sources. This is the case with a lot of artists videos from Sony/UMG etc. and not just unique to Britney unfortunately.

Exactly. Even DVD sources have rainbow artefacts as they are also from Composite Masters, but DVD sources look way better than the Official HD remasters which is weird since those remasters are from the composite masters too...

Same problem with Mariah Carey’s remasters: blurring (details lost), sharpening and rainbow artefacts:

• Like 1

Oh I know all about the cost of everything, I've done a LOT of research on remastering thanks to the horrific job Fox did with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'm just being optimistic about all this lol And as to them throwing away the film negatives, I'm just saying what I was told by someone who worked on Oops. This was years ago on vimeo, which a lot of people in the film industry love to use to show their work. I even messaged Nigel **** yesterday on there asking about this. Waiting to see if I actually get an answer lol

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Drewbee said:

Oh I know all about the cost of everything, I've done a LOT of research on remastering thanks to the horrific job Fox did with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'm just being optimistic about all this lol And as to them throwing away the film negatives, I'm just saying what I was told by someone who worked on Oops. This was years ago on vimeo, which a lot of people in the film industry love to use to show their work. I even messaged Nigel **** yesterday on there asking about this. Waiting to see if I actually get an answer lol

Ask him if he likes the Official HD Remaster on Britney’s channel first. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Ask him if he likes the Official HD Remaster on Britney’s channel first. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

XD If I get an answer, I will. Also, about the visual effects. They could have been saved as a file which means they wouldn't have to be done from scratch. They would just have to render them at a higher resolution. This is something else I found out they do when remastering old films/tv shows if they have the original vfx files saved.

• Love 2