Britney Spears' HD remastered music videos get uploaded to her YouTube channel - this is not a drill!!

2 hours ago, Mannequin* said:

YOu are the King about remastering so... thank you for that and the alternative versions too <3 

I think they are trying to get more views that they are losing because of the crappy quality on the official channel tbh.

her views have actually been higher than ever the past year, well at least higher than a couple of years ago 

2 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

That's so crazy... I would really like to know what's going on behind the scenes... Why they can't do a basic good job in so many areas of her business. The same happens with the awful graphic design on her albums/singles and, most importantly, her merch. So I guess they hire terrible people. But what about her promocional pictures, why only one per era? Things like that are so confusing to me.

even though we know Britney's team history of paying dust to her legacy, I think in this particular regard of HD videos, they're not the only ones, other "HD" videos like Bad Romance also look kinda lame so who knows what goes behind the scenes in order to have most of these videos done the cheap way, and other artists like Madonna doing a better job, like I don't know if it depends on each artist's management, or the record label, or is it because they really have lost the original films or what 

• Like 2

I wish there was like a way to contact people from RCA, Sony, etc, because it feels so frustrating that it seems like they're completely unaware of how to do things properly. Maybe if we contact the video directors such as Joseph Kahn, will they have like a better understanding of how or why they're doing it this way? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: 

• Like 2

I have a blurry memory of this incident but didn't an important Hollywood building burned up a few years ago, and then there were many important film and music archives lost? I THINK I read Britney's name back then eeeeeeekkk! (alongside Janet's). Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?? Not sure how to google it. We should definitely care about this stuff, it's what will live on once Britney...... ya know (omg I can't even type those words)

10 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I have a blurry memory of this incident but didn't an important Hollywood building burned up a few years ago, and then there were many important film and music archives lost? I THINK I read Britney's name back then eeeeeeekkk! (alongside Janet's). Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?? Not sure how to google it. We should definitely care about this stuff, it's what will live on once Britney...... ya know (omg I can't even type those words)

Britney’s masters (that haven’t been intentionally destroyed) are safe. Janet sadly lost some. This is the fire you’re talking about

• Love 1
On 3/3/2021 at 5:38 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I wish there was like a way to contact people from RCA, Sony, etc, because it feels so frustrating that it seems like they're completely unaware of how to do things properly. Maybe if we contact the video directors such as Joseph Kahn, will they have like a better understanding of how or why they're doing it this way? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: 

Why Madonna’s Hang Up video remaster is great? Because it was probably remastered with an AI upscaler. I don’t think it was remastered with original films. Almost all 2000s and many of 90s music videos were just upscaled digitally and not restored from films because it’s sooooooooooo expensive. Why? They have to rescan ALL films (which includes the unusued footages like the bloopers or failed takes), they have to re-edit all music videos by remaking all digital effects in HD, etc. So yeah, it’s like paying again the editing of the video. So much more money than just upscaling the videos.

I still don’t get how I can get amazing results with my 4K upscales from just DVD rips or ProRes Masters while they aren’t able to have at least a HQ video. Because the ProRes Masters are in 480i and is 30000x better than those 1080p remasters.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, GODNEYSPEARS99 said:

Definitely. @nnbritney and @Stifler's Mom upscales look better than the official remastered versions. The user ddnt32 on sharemania also has done some great upscales for a few Britney vids too. Maybe in another 10 years, they'll do proper remasters using the original 35mm film source and release all her vids in 4K :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

I am disgusted with this and thank you. Idk what to say...

thank you RCA for being the laziest and cheapest label on earth :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip: goodbye. 

Spoiler

if you guys want it, you can still enjoy my works https://vimeo.com/britneyspearsremastered

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, SJK said:

Some of you are never happy with anything. SMH. 
At least we got updated videos and at least the views/comments are still there. 

you don't know the frustration of hours and days to remaster something, when a label has the films/digital masters and can't properly MASTER ANYTHING. Britney music videos are a legacy and cannot be treated like this. But either way, maybe for the locals this work. 

Just wait for TOXIC, My Prerogative and If You Seek Amy... it's gonna be a clear visual disaster :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: those were the hardest to upscale properly with AI. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

please do protest, this is not ok. 

• Like 1