Britney Spears' HD remastered music videos get uploaded to her YouTube channel - this is not a drill!!

3 minutes ago, Mannequin* said:

YOu are the King about remastering so... thank you for that and the alternative versions too <3 

I think they are trying to get more views that they are losing because of the crappy quality on the official channel tbh.

Thank you! Yeah, with the #FreeBritney movement, I think they want to give a new refresh on her videos (which is still a good idea tbh).

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, MSTAR said:

Thank you! :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

But they can easily remaster her videos than anyone. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:
They have all materials required for a real remaster or for an AI Upscale (my remasters are AI upscales from ProRes Masters with some corrections added). I mean, they should have better quality remasters than anyone in theory. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

That's so crazy... I would really like to know what's going on behind the scenes... Why they can't do a basic good job in so many areas of her business. The same happens with the awful graphic design on her albums/singles and, most importantly, her merch. So I guess they hire terrible people. But what about her promocional pictures, why only one per era? Things like that are so confusing to me.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

:gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses: I think the reason why the DVD versions look more natural is because they are not upscaled at all. There's a lot of digital noise reduction going on in these remasters which causes them to look very blurry and unatural at places.

It’s not even digital noise reduction but it’s literally blurring lmao :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

They also have oversharpened the video so it looks too artificial. Just look at Baby One More Time, we can’t see the pages of Britney’s book in the classroom due to the blurring added, while we can perfectly see them on my remaster:

• Like 3

there is SO much added blurring in BOMT and just so much blur in general.

Are they trying to make it look 'old', 'iconic' and 'nostalgic' on purpose or is it all just done on the cheap?

I feel like the upscaling that @MSTAR and @BritneySpearsHD (I think that's the username, I can't remember but someone had a channel with amazing 4K upscales but recently it got taken down?) have done exposed like 'bad skin' and 'imperfections' that maybe they don't want to ruin the illusion of Britney being that perfect girl that we all knew (through our 90s TV sets) you know?

I don't know just a suggestion, but either way this ISNT good enough 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, GregReid said:

there is SO much added blurring in BOMT and just so much blur in general.

Are they trying to make it look 'old', 'iconic' and 'nostalgic' on purpose or is it all just done on the cheap?

I feel like the upscaling that @MSTAR and @BritneySpearsHD (I think that's the username, I can't remember but someone had a channel with amazing 4K upscales but recently it got taken down?) have done exposed like 'bad skin' and 'imperfections' that maybe they don't want to ruin the illusion of Britney being that perfect girl that we all knew (through our 90s TV sets) you know?

I don't know just a suggestion, but either way this ISNT good enough 🤷🏻‍♂️

No they are just poorly done, they took Composite Masters and converted (without AI upscaling) the video in 1080p with some sharpening and blurring. The DVD versions are far better than those HD versions. Actually, you can see the comparison between the Official HD Version and my 4K Remaster, we can see skin imperfections on my remaster, the reply with the comparison is here:

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

It’s not even digital noise reduction but it’s literally blurring lmao :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Well, whatever they did, they managed to lose a LOT of details. This is just a reminder that less noise and bigger resolution is not always better quality. Just compare the GH:MP dvd source to the youtube:demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

dvd-1.pngyotuube-1
dvd-2yotuube-2

• Love 3
Just now, Stannedforever said:

Well, whatever they did, they managed to lose  A lot of detail. This is just a reminder that less noise is not always better quality. Just compare the GH:MP dvd source to the youtube:demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

dvd-1.pngyotuube-1
dvd-2yotuube-2

Exactly, I completely HATE digital noise reduction because the video becomes too much artificial, blurry with loosing some details. Here is for example Gimme More officially in HD (but too blurred):

And here’s my 4K remaster without noise reduction:

Same thing with 3:

And here’s mine without anti noising, we see too much of skin imperfections because there’s no loss of details:

3 minutes ago, levxy said:

is every exhaler a graphic design student like what is going on 

You don't have to be graphic design student to see that these "remasters" are not the best quality possible. I mean yeah they ARE better than what was on youtube before but just compare those remasters to the ones George Michael is getting :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Nickey said:

Sad truth. 

Why tf nobody does that using the original film masters???!!! I know it would cost more but come on, old music videos are art! And basically everybody does that, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Shania Twain... "HD" my ***. 

To be fair Mariah has been only upscaing some of her videos (heartbreaker for example) and fans were pissed about how low quality it looks still

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

You don't have to be graphic design student to see that these "remasters" are not the best quality possible. I mean yeah they ARE better than what was on youtube before but just compare those remasters to the ones George Michael is getting :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

NO this is a joke!

8 hours ago, NewDisplayName said:

They added to much blur in BOMT the ending scene "hit me baby one more time" + kick thing almost faded all thing..

Most of the BTMUH is normal but did they changed the video? added some parts and cut others? :d

Madonna’s Frozen beats her old version, it looks so much clearer with more details, take a look at the comparison whenever

• Like 2