Greatest Hits: My Prerogative Appreciation Thread

Exaholic

Can we just take a minute to appreciate how f*king incredible Greatest Hits: My Prerogative is.

b8c14f94-2.jpg

I’ve been spinning this on vinyl all day which has made me rediscover just how good a Greatest Hits package it really is. It’s like 2004 all over again for me today!

I just think it’s pretty incredible that it’s the culmination of only four studio albums. Your faves could only dream of a string of such iconic hits over such a short period of time.

I’ve told this story before, but I remember forcing my mum to go into town the day of release while I was at school and instructing her to buy the album for me and ensuring it was the 2CD digipack edition!

I remember literally running home from school at 3.15pm to listen to it (I was actually breathless by the time I got home). Legitimately the most excited I’ve ever been for an album release.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

34 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I stanned "Do Somethin'" so effing hard lol I also love the "Everytime" remix and the glitch drives me crazy lol

Do Somethin' is underrated. 

The glitch on Everytime was Britney sending us clues for the future Botany Joan's Aliens glitch. Our queen always sending us hidden clues. 

i said what i said nene leakes GIF

your story is so cute about  running home to listen aww :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited:

I remember running out to buy this the day it came out too.

LOVE Do Somethin' & My Prerogative!  (the songs & videos are two of my favorites) just love her aggressive no ***** given vibe during this time! 

I remember being confused at the time though like "isn't it too soon for a greatest hits?" and I was afraid she was retiring. lol but it is pretty iconic that she had enough material to release one this early on.

I also love the amazing liner notes by Jenny Eliscu (the writer who wrote many of her Rolling Stone profiles)

Iconic! britney spears GIF by mtv

Archived