Star Academy 2008: Her father forbade us to look at her

Oprah Winfrey.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

She was so tense & nervous during this promo tour. You could tell something was on her mind and she'd rather be elsewhere. I feel like something dramatic happened between the wrap of For The Record filming and these performances.

Saying that, she killed it in all these performances. Especially the X Factor one.

And she looked so gorgeous 

We always heard of this stuff back then but I always assumed he was doing it at her request since she has pretty bad anxiety. Looking back now it’s clear he was using the theory that she was fragile and vulnerable to undue influence as a way to control. Very sad. 

Tbh, I think that it was part of their plan to control her more easily. Since they controlled the feedback that she got and she created/creates her worldview according to what they tell her,

I believe that by forbidding any kind of contact and expression of admiration/adoration towards Britney, it would be easier to lie to her and sell her the story that the public criticized her, didn't like her anymore and that THEY could help her change that.

Plus, the whole thing of not being able to even look her in the eyes kinda dehumanises her and shows that he thinks she was his property and more like a race horse than a human. 

Not the first time I hear a “don’t look at her” rumor. Some band who opened for her during the Circus Tour also said they were asked to turn and face the wall when Britney would walk the hallways. Like this isn’t something Britney would ask herself! It’s obviously her Dad who wanted this for whatever sick reason.

edit: what the person said in the post before mine... that’s it. That’s why.

It makes me so sad knowing how much went on and how much we heard, but how little we knew.

We always knew her father had a tight grip, we always heard other celebrities talking about how insane her team and security were, but knowing what we know it makes too much sense, but we were all too angry with how "bored" she was, because she wasn't doing Brian Friedman level choreography or giving us Everytime 2.0.

How many choreographer from her past were fired or jumped ship due to outrageous controlling Jamie was?! Wade Robson left because of 'creative differences' doing these performances and starting tour prep, Andre Fuentes quit/was fired because he refused to take a ridiculous **** test. 

Even Brian Friedman left because he was getting every single bit of fan backlash because Britney was clearly unhappy.

Even the *****cat dolls, The Wanted etc. Opening acts who hyped audiences said they couldnt even talk to her.

They literally filmed rehearsals to leak them and then rushed performances out with as little budget as possible.

And even when fans attacked britney, who not interested in having her creativity stripped from and had no choice in her doctors or medication, Jamie was praised.

It makes me so sick and sad, because as a fan, she brought so much joy to my life.

44 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

Tbh, I think that it was part of their plan to control her more easily. Since they controlled the feedback that she got and she created/creates her worldview according to what they tell her,

I believe that by forbidding any kind of contact and expression of admiration/adoration towards Britney, it would be easier to lie to her and sell her the story that the public criticized her, didn't like her anymore and that THEY could help her change that.

Plus, the whole thing of not being able to even look her in the eyes kinda dehumanises her and shows that he thinks she was his property and more like a race horse than a human. 

I think it was more about they don't letting her ask for help, or to somehow let other people know she wanted out of the situation. Or that info would leak that she wasn't as happy and as ok as the narrative they wanted to sell us (and ultimately did). 

If people figured out she was still not ok even after the conservatorship, everybody would start questioning its validity since the beginning. But they had to put this façade to be like "see, how good the conservatorship is doing for her?" 

I mean, it's the whole reason why every interview is so controlled, so they don't ask her about the conservatorship, about whether she's happy with it or not, or about Sam Lutfi, or about her father, or about the head shaving or the hospitalizations or anything that may destroy the illusion they've created. Which is probably why she's also always so nervous and anxious knowing that if she's asked something that is forbidden she will have to answer some dumb thing to avoid telling the truth and getting in problem. 

18 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I don’t get why though?

To me, it is because they are afraid that Brit can speak out. That she is unhappy, did not want the c-ship, her dad. As Pokemon Spears wrote. But I also think that she was too open about everything. Her Letters Of Truth, songs like Guilty, Look Who´s Talking Now,All That She Wants,Mona Lisa, Rebellion,Let Go,Baby Boy,Little Me...Then the original video idea for her Gimme More music video. Why would they turn off her mic then? I don´t think that she would be on stage and say help me,I got trapped. But maybe she would give some hints.

And I wonder that she was ever allowed to have a boyfriend. They took everyone away from her, friends, children, colleagues and something so intimate is allowed? (when you have a true relationship you tell about your dreams you had at night, fears, plans, past)I mean, when you truly love someone you would do EVERYTHING to help him. But on the other hand, it seems that she could keep Chade, her best friend too.:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

3 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

How many choreographer from her past were fired or jumped ship due to outrageous controlling Jamie was?! Wade Robson left because of 'creative differences' doing these performances and starting tour prep, Andre Fuentes quit/was fired because he refused to take a ridiculous **** test. 

Andre was fired for failing a **** test. His cause of death was an overdose. I can understand why someone with substance abuse issues wasn’t allowed in her inner circle. 

Bryan said in that interview that she didn't want to be on the circus tour.

Remember they paid for Kevin, Victoria and the boys to follow her around Europe at every stop. Absolutely beyond belief she paid for all of that.

There was a posting on Dear Jane tiktok a few weeks ago about someone who worked backstage during one of the tours, they posted anon and said that Britney has injectable meds before she goes on stage and between costume changes she doesn't even move. It explains some. The m+GS 

1 minute ago, chizwhiz said:

Bryan said in that interview that she didn't want to be on the circus tour.

Remember they paid for Kevin, Victoria and the boys to follow her around Europe at every stop. Absolutely beyond belief she paid for all of that.

There was a posting on Dear Jane tiktok a few weeks ago about someone who worked backstage during one of the tours, they posted anon and said that Britney has injectable meds before she goes on stage and between costume changes she doesn't even move. It explains some. The m+GS 

I cried at the show I went to - there are no videos of it online but I attended the 2nd show of the Circus Tour and the camera came on before Britney came down from the ceiling at the beginning of the show and Britney looked so nervous, she was wringing her hands. Once the music started, though, she jumped into character so fast. It was a quick flash but I noticed it. 

3 hours ago, PZHSB said:

We always heard of this stuff back then but I always assumed he was doing it at her request since she has pretty bad anxiety. Looking back now it’s clear he was using the theory that she was fragile and vulnerable to undue influence as a way to control. Very sad. 

Yeah same I use to think this was to protect her from the media but they used this plan against her 

Archived