This Day in Pop: Lady Gaga announces the name of her 6th album, Chromatica (March 2)

3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Ummmm....the era was hardly promoted but it is still a record with 2 Top 5 singles, debuted at #1 in the worldwide chart with over 450k+ sales, was the fastest selling album in UK for 2020, had a major VMA performance and has sold nearly 2 million copies around the globe in a pandemic, and yet it is a flop? :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

With those numbers could be good for Oilve Oildrigo, but we're talking about Lady Oreos :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

6 minutes ago, Dussiniers said:

With those numbers could be good for Oilve Oildrigo, but we're talking about Lady Oreos :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

Considering that her most recent studio albums saw less success than Chromatica did in most metrics even with more promo, why would you assume that Chromatica isn't up to Gaga's typical standard? And I'm not counting ASIB's soundtrack since that wasn't technically Gaga's studio album in the usual sense. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Considering that her most recent studio albums saw less success than Chromatica did in most metrics even with more promo, why would you assume that Chromatica isn't up to Gaga's typical standard? And I'm not counting ASIB's soundtrack since that wasn't technically Gaga's studio album in the usual sense. 

I feel like all the promo she was making for Chromatica isn't reflected on that era success.

Don't know if stans didn't like the album or what happened.

As I said before, It deserved more. I mean, she hasn't had competition at all with this :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

5 hours ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

My answer to this is if it was a flop, then how come she ended up getting a top 5 single, and a #1 global smash single? Sure, it didn't end up like Gaga wanted, but it wasn't a flop. It deserves better

Because there was no real competition :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:. The U.S. music scene is pretty much dead as is the European. South Korea only has the hype now. Justin has faded so has Taylor, Gaga, Ariana and Billie either cuz they release basics or release nothing at all. There’s no sensational vibe anywhere, it’s bland and boring and effortless beneath the mostly mediocre styling and effects:gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I remember this as it was yesterday. Its nuts it has been a year already. 

I almost had a breakdown when the release date was postponed lol.

Definitely my favorite album of 2020.

I agree it deserved so much better. But not much she could do with a pandemic going on. She should have definitely at least filmed another video for it tho. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

My answer to this is if it was a flop, then how come she ended up getting a top 5 single, and a #1 global smash single? Sure, it didn't end up like Gaga wanted, but it wasn't a flop. It deserves better

Let’s be honest. She doesn’t seem passionate about it. We never knew the story behind or an in-depth story behind chromatica or an explanation of each song from the album. It would take 5 minutes to record a video to explain. Everything could’ve been done visually online. Tons of artists have made there visions, performances, videos during covid. In my opinion I think she isn’t invested in this kind of music anymore. The only reasons I say this as 10 years ago regardless of covid or not I think personally gaga would’ve made the era happen. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mansos said:

this era could've gone so many places specially because this album is very well structured and well produced... but it died really quickly and I don't take the pandemic as a valid excuse for the lack of interest on promoting the record... its a shame

I think it was rude she didn’t even address fans about the era. It feels like she’s just left us in the dark. Lack of communication. Not sure what’s going on with her as she’s now filming a movie and completely paid dust to the era 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Those numbers are solid for an album that was released at the time when people were protesting for movements and the pandemic and quarantine were at their peak. So yr point is? :squint_meme_sunglasses_pink_stare_squint:

Today's music is 100% streamin... Nobody have to buy a song/album like buying groceries... 

I guess covid is not an excuse for Gaga, Oreos or her stans $orryNot$orry :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block