Jump to content

This Day in Pop: Lady Gaga announces the name of her 6th album, Chromatica (March 2)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A momentous day

I only remember that literally everything was leaking before official announcements 

This era had potential, wasted from the beginning (and I think the pandemic is not good excuse) Such disappointment 

Posted Images

  • Community Curators
4 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

I only remember that literally everything was leaking before official announcements :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Only a couple of demos for Rain On Me, and Free Woman, and a snippet of Babylon (Haus Labs Version), all of which didn't make it to Chromatica :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

  • Love 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+
Just now, ChromaticaGlory said:

Only a couple of demos for Rain On Me, and Free Woman, and a snippet of Babylon (Haus Labs Version) :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

I love the Babylon track we got officially but to think that the Haus Labs version could have most likely made the cut if it werent for those LEAKERS :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

  • Love 1

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
  • Exhale+
Just now, ChromaticaGlory said:

Agreed! I was very excited to get to hear Chromatica when she announced it :eyes_britney_laugh:

My brother whom is a huge Gaga fan was also :unbelievableney_happy_smile_joy_overjoyed_excited_yay:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
  • Community Curators
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

I love the Babylon track we got officially but to think that the Haus Labs version could have most likely made the cut if it werent for those LEAKERS :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

I assume Gaga also didn't include it because it didn't fit the vibe of the album. Let's hope she releases it at some point!

  • Love 1
Link to post
5 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

Only a couple of demos for Rain On Me, and Free Woman, and a snippet of Babylon (Haus Labs Version) :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

I mean... Stupid Love leaked before, album tittle, album cover I guess and whole album few days before from what I remember :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: 

I was in a group on FB about her and I remember literally everything leaking 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
  • Community Curators
1 minute ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

I mean... Stupid Love leaked before, album tittle I guess and whole album few days before from what I remember :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: 

I was in a group on FB about her and I remember literally everything leaking 

Yes, Stupid Love leaked, but I didn't listen to it all that much because I wanted to save that until it released. I felt sorry for Gaga when she had to deal with those leaks. As for the album, I think it literally leaked just a few hours before it was released, so I don't really consider that a "leak"

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Community Curators
21 minutes ago, Dussiniers said:

I think it's a day that Gaga never wants to remember again.
Too much flop for a single artist. 

S


Sorry, only truth... Don't know what happened with her team or she herself 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My answer to this is if it was a flop, then how come she ended up getting a top 5 single, and a #1 global smash single? Sure, it didn't end up like Gaga wanted, but it wasn't a flop. It deserves better

  • Love 2
Link to post

I remember this was the first time I saw hype for a Lady Gaga album since Born This Way from people around me. 
 

Honestly, the pandemic wasn’t a reasonable excuse. There still was a lot that she could’ve done. I feel like she only released the album because she had hype from her A Star Is Born success.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Community Curators
3 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I remember this was the first time I saw hype for a Lady Gaga album since Born This Way from people around me. 
 

Honestly, the pandemic wasn’t a reasonable excuse. There still was a lot that she could’ve done. I feel like she only released the album because she had hype from her A Star Is Born success.

Sure, it wasn't an excuse, but it definitely changed things. Chromatica was supposed to have nearly BTW level promotion, and because of the pandemic, she, and her team had to strategize new promotion plans. Not only that, she was supposed to perform at Coachella, and a handful of other events. As I said, Chromatica deserves much better.

Link to post
40 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

My answer to this is if it was a flop, then how come she ended up getting a top 5 single, and a #1 global smash single? Sure, it didn't end up like Gaga wanted, but it wasn't a flop. It deserves better

Are you talking about Poker Face:gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

Edit: You say it right: It deserves better! 

Link to post
  • Exhale+
1 hour ago, Dussiniers said:

I think it's a day that Gaga never wants to remember again.
Too much flop for a single artist. 

S


Sorry, only truth... Don't know what happened with her team or she herself 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Ummmm....the era was hardly promoted but it is still a record with 2 Top 5 singles, debuted at #1 in the worldwide chart with over 450k+ sales, was the fastest selling album in UK for 2020, had a major VMA performance and has sold nearly 2 million copies around the globe in a pandemic, and yet it is a flop? :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block