If you understand law, get in here.

TakeYourHand

So from my understanding anyone can petition to end the cship which makes me wonder why no one has attempted recently. I’m wondering if her lawyer has recommended to wait as a judge can still deny the petition. Maybe baby steps are better and by first eliminating her father it shows that she can handle change well and adapt to living a free life. I’m sure after this many years a judge is going to take that into account. I know it’s aggravating but it would make sense to show a judge when the timing is right that Britney has maintained structure with her Dad away and most likely with less restrictions over time. I think asking too soon and being denied will hurt her chances of petitioning again in the near future. Thoughts?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d also like to add that when I say “free” life I mean free of the cship as we don’t know her daily routine or the exact amount of freedom she has. We also don’t know if Britney wants this to end or just wants less restrictions so maybe that’s why no one has filed as well. I doubt that personally but we just don’t know. This thread is based on why and not if. 

petitioning for the complete dissolution of the cship would take many years & would most likely not work out in Britney's favor right away. that's a very long process. if that petition was eventually denied, her father would still be in charge & she'd just be right back where she started. her priority right now is having her father removed, which has only recently seen progress.

once Jamie is removed completely, she may begin to petition the whole thing down the line. but right now it seems like they're taking the "baby step" route to make sure she is successful in finally having him removed. that seems to be the most pressing issue for her at this time. 

in my opinion, the whole freedom movement is in regards to her freedom in general. whether it be from her dad or the cship completely. we are supporting what Britney wants in terms of her freedom. 

Just now, SomoneElseButMay said:

petitioning for the complete dissolution of the cship would take many years & would most likely not work out in Britney's favor. her priority right now is having her father removed, which has only recently seen progress.

once Jamie is removed completely, she may begin to petition the whole thing down the line. but right now it seems like they're taking the "baby step" route to make sure she is successful in finally having him removed. that seems to be the most pressing issue for her at this time. 

Exactly! In addition to that a petition to end the conservatorship will bring a trial 

Let's not forget that in these past couple of years the conservatorship changed.. It's no longer a permanent conservatorship, it is a temporary one. Ingham even said that "this is a voluntary conservatorship" so the dissolution will probably be easier.

I think the baby steps are key when dealing with the court. In real life, I think it should be dissolved immediately, but in practicality, the court would never rule to end it from one day to the next; doing so would in itself be an admission that it would was instituted improperly, which is not a good look for them and could possibly open them up to legal liability. Sadly, doing what's right for Brit comes second to the courts imperative to preserve it's own credibility. There's a reason Viv has never seen anyone get out of a conservatorship. The best we can hope for is for Jamie to be eventually ousted and for the restrictions to be slowly peeled away so the court can build a comfortable narrative that Britney was reasonably and responsibly given back the reigns of her life. 

Maybe Jamie is her biggest hurdle right now to petition the conservatorship. After all he took part in putting her into one.

I also just want to add that I rmeneber seeing one of her court documents where it checked a box saying that her conservatorship was “voluntary” however the other options that were given clearly do not apply to Britney. It seemed like classifying it as voluntary was the best choice out of the three available. So although ion court docs it’s stated as “ voluntary”, it is clearly not reflective of the real circumstances. I do not practice law but this was just something I vaguely remember seeing and noticed immediately .  

Archived