Taylor Swift SLAMS Netflix show 'Ginny and Georgia' for ***ist joke

3 minutes ago, Sea flower said:

The joke is bad and she is right to be upset. It is not funny. I am actually shocked to read comments saying she "needs to get laid" wth, that is none of your business. Also cannot complain about how B was treated and then treat other artists bad, that is not okay. The world needs to be nicer to all, not just our faves.

Could you explain what is so offensive about this? Maybe I'm genuinely missing something? Last time I checked, shlut shaming is uncool because women should be allowed to go thru men as they please. True. But I' not sure why pointing this out in a bad joke is particularly shexist. I've heard countless jokes in the last week about Tiger Woods and his womanizing ways

• Like 8
1 hour ago, JessicaS89 said:

WE DON'T NEED TO BUILD ONE WOMEN UP BY TEARING ANOTHER WOMAN DOWN! 

PLEASE STOP BUILDING PEOPLE UP BY TEARING OTHERS DOWN!!!!!

I agree with this 100%, though I'd offer the caveat that questioning and being critical of somebody's take is not "tearing them down", it's entirely possible to respect someone as a person and completely disagree with something they're putting out there. 

16 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

I don't think anyone cared that she was dating around. The joke came from her writing songs about the guys and putting them on public blast afterwards. The joke was more "don't date Taylor bc she'll sell you out in a song" kind of thing.

I see your point but that’s not what people joke about. If it was me I wouldn’t give a single **** , but on the other hand I am not a woman so I don’t know what it feels like. Regarding to writing about them, I don’t see nothing wrong about it, Adele , Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran and so many more do that and don’t get the backlash she does. It ‘s up to people if they support it or not, I personally love breakup songs and putting ****ty ex’s “on blast” if they deserved it. If the guys she dated felt wronged they are in their right to speak up and tell their side of it, I don’t see a side to blame.

I don't think anyone cared that she was dating around. The joke came from her writing songs about the guys and putting them on public blast afterwards. The joke was more "don't date Taylor bc she'll sell you out in a song" kind of thing.

I see your point but that’s not what people joke about. If it was me I wouldn’t give a single **** , but on the other hand I am not a woman so I don’t know what it feels like. Regarding to writing about them, I don’t see nothing wrong about it, Adele , Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran and so many more do that and don’t get the backlash she does. It ‘s up to people if they support it or not, I personally love breakup songs and putting ****ty ex’s “on blast” if they deserved it. If the guys she dated felt wronged they are in their right to speak up and tell their side of it, I don’t see a side to blame.

It's awesome she is calling out ***ist and misogynistic jokes. Humor at someone else's expense, especially one built on the old ***ist ideas, aren't funny. I think it's great that she knows she can use for voice and influence change. She is using it for good when it happens to her, so hopefully it will happen less to others in the future. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Could you explain what is so offensive about this? Maybe I'm genuinely missing something? Last time I checked, shlut shaming is uncool because women should be allowed to go thru men as they please. True. But I' not sure why pointing this out in a bad joke is particularly shexist. I've heard countless jokes in the last week about Tiger Woods and his womanizing ways

Because jokes should be funny for both sides. If one side is voicing her concern and has said many times, this topic is not funny to her, how do they expect she will react? Specially after making a documentary with her, Netflix is very much aware how she feels, then why do that? This script got through many rounds of approval and nobody notice that?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Sea flower said:

Because jokes should be funny for both sides.

Says who? 

If that's the case, then I'd like to make it known to all of Exhale here and now that I am offended by any and all jokes made about me whether or not they are made at my expense. Everyone from now on is not allowed to have a personal opinion about me and only nice things can be said about me at all times (as long as they don't randomly offend me, which I will determine at my sole discretion) 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The fact is most gay men, in this group and outside have probably been with a bigger number than hers, but I digress keep the shaming alive cos of hatred. 

That's all it is, pure hatred now. 

You're fighting a straw man. Literally nobody is hating her here for the amount of men she's been with. From what I've gathered, the responses here range from supporting her right to be with many men, not caring, and/or being lowkey jealous of her luck in dating famous men. 

• Like 7

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block