BLACKPINK's Rosé released her solo debut single album “-R-“ on March 12th; drops music video for “On The Ground”

On 3/7/2021 at 5:32 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You’re releasing an EP not a single album :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Eh, it depends. In K-Pop, 'single album' is a common term. It's a release that consists of 1 - 3 songs and most often also gets released physically. I agree that it's pretty dubious, though. It's especially annoying when they don't specify that it's a single album straight way. Often, they just say that they're releasing an album but only later specify that it's a single album. This happens so often it hurts. :trash_throw_away_recycle:

• Love 1

This 4-year-old song by an almost completely unknown group went HUGELY viral in Korea. A few hours ago it was still #1 on all Korean charts:

I wonder if Rosé can channel her power as a BLACKPINK member and dethrone them. On the Ground debuted at #2 on the most relevant chart, but it's already fallen down to #4. However, it has managed to dethrone them on two less relevant charts. As much as I'm rooting for Rosé, I'm glad, tbh. Brave Girls deserve it. The album this song is from sold only 1k copies when it came out in 2017, and success stories like this one are few and far between. Plus, the song is really good. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

The music video is amazing! Every shot is aesthetics I will screenshot so I can put it as my Macbook background. The song, however, is below mediocre. Its very boring to me and simply not it, I expected MUCH more effort from teddy and her in this department. 

Im sure she will do well anyway though. Gonna listen to the album now :)

• Love 1

Also the studio version of Gone is so beautiful, oddly, I prefer the live version though.

ive had enough times to replay On The Ground and although I still think it’s amazing, the chorus isn’t IT! It tries to go hard, but not hard enough, there’s something missing in the music. Still the verses and bridges are a SLAY!!

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block