The conservatorship probably affected carpool karaoke

Oprah Winfrey.

James probably was only approved to ask her few specific kind of questions

Britney was probably afraid to even say anything that would get her in trouble.

Britney’s been legally silenced she’s not even allowed to sing live or hold a mike in her hand (“it feels so illegal with this mic in my hand right now”)

poor thing was an anxious mess during the entire thing she couldn’t be even her self or talk freely like Adele, Madonna and others have and if Britney probably did behave more like herself the media would spin it and say she was acting erratic or something 

she like can’t win

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I do think the c-ship stops her from speaking about many personal issues I also think the whole Carpool Karaoke thing is not that serious, it's about telling jokes, sing this or that song and basically be on people's screen so they can catch up with your music, many tv shows have a scripted structure they must follow in order to make everything faster and concrete, not just with Britney but with everybody else, but it doesnt mean the c-ship stops Britney to talk about many things she would like to talk about, or album concepts, and all those artistic issues. 

33 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Britney’s been legally silenced she’s not even allowed to sing live or hold a mike in her hand (“it feels so illegal with this mic in my hand right now”)

I think this is somehow true. The way she said it feels illegal, it means something. It was against the rules for sure. I wanna know the story behind this performance. :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

10 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Do we know what parts were cut out from the Carpool Karaoke and why? 

Well we know that her dancers took part in some scenes but that didn't make the final cut. As to why, who knows? Management, agreement, the conservatorship, whatever really. I wouldn't dwell on it tbh.

I do remember, however, that at one point James insinuated that the carpool karaoke with Britney has been one of the worst ones he's ever done and wouldn't like to repeat that ever again. Is it because of Britney, is it because of her team, or a combination of the two? Who knows lol

1 hour ago, Britman512 said:

James probably was only approved to ask her few specific kind of questions

Britney was probably afraid to even say anything that would get her in trouble.

poor thing was an anxious mess during the entire thing she couldn’t be even her self or talk freely like Adele, Madonna and others have and if Britney probably did behave more like herself the media would spin it and say she was acting erratic or something 

she like can’t win

THIS is the reason that journalists and other celebrities should have been appalled and said something all along. **** signs on Instagram or exactly what her dad is like, another woman, another citizen, another colleague is more silenced than a person living in domestic abuse. The LAW has approved complete silencing of somone’s voice! 

There’s a Britney’s Gram episode that featured highlights of an interview they did with someone who worked in Carpool, but the full interview is on the other podcast “Lady to Lady”. 

There were other songs that were included, and a bit with her dancers that were cut, but the basic theme of the interview was that Britney didn’t really like just sitting and listening to her own songs. She asked them to play other music while she was getting ready and people behind the scenes kept calling her “crazy” for it. They also thought it was crazy that she ended it early and said that she had had enough.

The person they interviewed was like, (paraphrasing), “She’s not crazy for wanting to listen to music other than her own, and she’s not crazy for knowing when she’s done and being clear about her boundaries. But everyone kept saying how crazy she was for very basic things.” Also everyone was shocked when she said she wanted another kid but never wanted to get married again...and the person stated, “That’s not crazy! That’s the most normal thing I’ve ever heard!” 

I thought some insider was spilling the tea. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I mean, conservatorship basically affected everything. I don't think it's just coincidence that Britney started to act afraid, weird, awkward, nervous in every single thing she did since 'Circus' era and Oh! That was the year when conservators h ! t was placed. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

4 minutes ago, CenterOfTheRing98 said:

There’s a Britney’s Gram episode that featured highlights of an interview they did with someone who worked in Carpool, but the full interview is on the other podcast “Lady to Lady”. 

There were other songs that were included, and a bit with her dancers that were cut, but the basic theme of the interview was that Britney didn’t really like just sitting and listening to her own songs. She asked them to play other music while she was getting ready and people behind the scenes kept calling her “crazy” for it. They also thought it was crazy that she ended it early and said that she had had enough.

The person they interviewed was like, (paraphrasing), “She’s not crazy for wanting to listen to music other than her own, and she’s not crazy for knowing when she’s done and being clear about her boundaries. But everyone kept saying how crazy she was for very basic things.” Also everyone was shocked when she said she wanted another kid but never wanted to get married again...and the person stated, “That’s not crazy! That’s the most normal thing I’ve ever heard!” 

I read that too that she wanted to sing other artists' songs. I feel like that maybe would have helped her be more into it. I would have loved to see her sing other songs and have a fun time with it.

I don’t think she knew what she was actually going to be doing. James said she was one of the hardest people he had to do it with bc she was just so shy and clearly uncomfortable. She shouldn’t have been booked to do the appearance 

1 hour ago, CenterOfTheRing98 said:

Omg they really treated her like that, I can only imagine how many other times people In the industry responded this way to Britney for having basic wants and desires 

1 hour ago, Frankie8 said:

I read that too that she wanted to sing other artists' songs. I feel like that maybe would have helped her be more into it. I would have loved to see her sing other songs and have a fun time with it.

This explains why she so freely began to sing “all that she wants”

10 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

I don’t think she knew what she was actually going to be doing. James said she was one of the hardest people he had to do it with bc she was just so shy and clearly uncomfortable. She shouldn’t have been booked to do the appearance 

I bet they Didn’t even tell her before hand.

she probably had no time to mentally prepare for it or anything 

Archived