Do You Remember "No Angels" the Girl Group?

• Super Mods

No Angels is a group of 4 very talented women, they were from Germany but had immense success in Europe, European MTV and Viva Channel played them a lot and they dominated our charts a lot back in the days. Do ya'll remember them, and moreover, do Americans and Asians (and everyone else) know of them? Did they ever break into your local music scene? I think they had brief success in the USA as well :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Here are some of their most popular songs:

The last two songs are their comeback efforts which didnt do that well, but were still moderate :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

The reason they fell apart in the early 2000s was actually a scandal. Nadja Benaissa slept with a guy however didn't tell him she wa HIV positive and transmitted it to him, he ended up suing her and of course he won because she knew she was HIV positive and was already on therapy at the time she slept with him (back then, medicine still couldn't make you unreactive) so she had no way of lying she didn't know she was infected when they had ***. She paid a ****ton of money to him and the group had to disband. They did come back a few years later.

This is Nadja:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
34 minutes ago, Isla said:

I don't know much about them at all as I'm from the UK, but I read they reunited and are releasing a new album later this year. I think it's just four of them though rather than the original five members.

Yeah, I think it's been four of them since their latest comeback in 2010 :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1

They weren't known in the US, oddly they're the top selling girl group in Germany, the only region that the Spice girls wasn't #1 in Europe country's best selling girl groups..

But, then again outside Germany No Angel's wasn't mentioned at all 

So to me, just like Nena it was only Germany where they had their success. 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, On_Mah_Raydah said:

I was a big fan. They were huge here in germany 2001-2003.

Sadly my favourite Angel is not in the band anymore.

I always found her to be the weakest link for some reason, like the 3rd destiny's child that fell next to beyonce and keli :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• 3 months later...
On 3/1/2021 at 12:58 PM, BUWYGF said:

No Angels is a group of 4 very talented women, they were from Germany but had immense success in Europe, European MTV and Viva Channel played them a lot and they dominated our charts a lot back in the days. Do ya'll remember them, and moreover, do Americans and Asians (and everyone else) know of them? Did they ever break into your local music scene? I think they had brief success in the USA as well :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Here are some of their most popular songs:

The last two songs are their comeback efforts which didnt do that well, but were still moderate :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

The reason they fell apart in the early 2000s was actually a scandal. Nadja Benaissa slept with a guy however didn't tell him she wa HIV positive and transmitted it to him, he ended up suing her and of course he won because she knew she was HIV positive and was already on therapy at the time she slept with him (back then, medicine still couldn't make you unreactive) so she had no way of lying she didn't know she was infected when they had ***. She paid a ****ton of money to him and the group had to disband. They did come back a few years later.

This is Nadja:
Nadia Benaissa: Biography, Career, Private Life, Photos

On 3/2/2021 at 12:24 AM, BUWYGF said:

Yeah, I think it's been four of them since their latest comeback in 2010 :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

On 3/2/2021 at 2:43 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

They weren't known in the US, oddly they're the top selling girl group in Germany, the only region that the Spice girls wasn't #1 in Europe country's best selling girl groups..

They only recorded their third album in 2003 with four members at the  time, without Jessica, because she was pregnant then and they didn't want 2 mothers in the band, so the management kicked her out.

Because they were overworked and burned out, the band separated for the time being. Vanessa never came back, studied psychology, did her DR. and now lives and works in LA as a psychologist. ( But she still worked until 2007 or so in the Entertainment Business, brought out two singles, one album, a lot of demo songs, played in a TV Show, and did a lot of synchronization.Today, however, she has completely turned her back on show business)

The others worked on their solo albums, rested and took care of their families and came back in 2007 for a comeback and brought our their 4. Album. Jessica was back in the band.Only after the release of the 5. CD/And of the 4.Album began the scandal with Nadja, advertising partners have dropped them. They separated for the 2nd time.Also because the success and the sales figures have decreased.They had to cancel their tour. Nadja left the band, wrote a biography and retired from public view.The No Angels were only three of them.Lucy participated in many sports events that were broadcast on TV. Sandy acted a lot, also on Theater and is now also a breastfeeding consultant.Jessica works for the radio.

The No Angels were the most successful band in continental Europe.They sold around 5 million CD´s and even won a World Music Award.Even today they still have a lot of European fans.

Nena had a No.1 hit in America in the 80s with the English version of 99 Red Balloons and only played a tour there not too long ago.

Please have a bit of respect.This is a huge success for German artists.

• Like 1

Last year the old songs of the German Popstars bands were published on the Streaming pages.Due to the massive success and popularity of the fans, the No Angels decided to celebrate their 20th anniversary.They have released their anniversary album this month, with the biggest hits new recorded of the first 3 albums and four new songs.They also shot two new music videos and have many appearances and interviews. Next year they have a concert in Berlin.

On 3/2/2021 at 2:43 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

Well german success means for most artists also austria + switzerland success. 

But we do know the Spice Girls here.:) 

I love them and it was so refreshing to see some old clips from Popstars 2000: No make up, no fake stories, just pure talent and no clue that it will be successful. 

+ i loved that the newspaper in the Something About Us video claimed Lucy is a lesbian (kiss the girl), but she wasn't out at that time. 

On 3/1/2021 at 12:58 PM, BUWYGF said:

This is Nadja:

she infected more than one man and she knew about her status. and they broke up years before cause they needed a break. and one of them wanted to get out. so they became 4 instead of 5 like in the beginning.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Well german success means for most artists also austria + switzerland success. 

But we do know the Spice Girls here.:) 

I love them and it was so refreshing to see some old clips from Popstars 2000: No make up, no fake stories, just pure talent and no clue that it will be successful. 

+ i loved that the newspaper in the Something About Us video claimed Lucy is a lesbian (kiss the girl), but she wasn't out at that time. 

In her new music video "Still In Love With You", Lucy dances with a woman. In real life, the two became a couple.I'm so happy for Lucy!:makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: Her girlfriend is really beautiful.(On her Instagram profile, she looks exactly like Jennifer Lopez in many pictures, when she has her natural, curly hair.)In one scene I first thought it was Nadja.:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

By the way, the No Angels are back on the one in Germany with their new album.So deserved!!!!

8 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I've never heard of them till now. Me -->  :flop_britney_candies:

No,not Flop you.At the very beginning of their career with their first song "Daylight In You Eyes" they tried it in America.For this, they re-shot their music video, as it would be too "****" and "provocative"for America. They shot it in a park in Canada. I think they even made it to the Top 100 in the US.But that´s it.They never tried it again.

But this is no wonder for me. They worked their *** off in Europe at the time. They worked 3 years in a row with very few breaks. They said in their first year, they were maybe five days at home. But not at once. So, in 2003 they were burned out. To work overseas, all the long flights, for months not at home, would be too much. ( they said, when they are in Europe, it´s easier for them to come back home as when you are far away.) Maybe when their team did not let them work like crazy, they had more time to rest and they did not split up in 2003 for the first time, they would try it again around 2004-2006. It´s sad. A missed opportunity. They have a lot of talent. Especially when Vanessa was still in the band.A great songwriter.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block