Work ***** lyrics are sadly ironic

Oprah Winfrey.

I was just listening to this song and every single line has new meaning to me know 

I can only imagine how many times she was told “now get to work *****” by her father and team con.

She can’t even party in France or own a Maserati

”go call the police, go call the governor”:umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay: was that a sign who knows 

Now the bridge is sounds sad to me and has taken on new meaning and very straightforward actually, she was speaking to us! (I assumed the bridge was about her fall from grace and how she go back to fame, but Britney the person has never rose at all)

Hold your head high, fingers to the sky
They gonna try to try ya', but they can't deny ya'
Keep it building higher, and higher
So hold your head high, fingers to the sky
Now they don't believe ya', but they gonna need ya'
Keep it moving higher, and higher
Keep it moving higher, and higher and higher

Please continue to hold your head high Britney, they gonna try to try ya, but that can’t deny ya!!!!!!! 

thoughts and opinions, she did help write this song so I wouldn’t be surprised if she tried to sneak subtle hints in

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Britman512 said:

I was just listening to this song and every single line has new meaning to me know 

I can only imagine how many times she was told “now get to work *****” by her father and team con.

”go call the police, go call the governor”:umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay: was that a sign who knows 

Now the bridge is sounds sad to me and has taken on new meaning and very straightforward actually, she was speaking to us! (I assumed the bridge was about her fall from grace and how she go back to fame, but Britney the person has never rose at all)

Please continue to hold your head high Britney, they gonna try to try ya, but that can’t deny ya!!!!!!! 

thoughts and opinions, she did help write this song so I wouldn’t be surprised if she tried to sneak subtle hints in

Now the line"”go call the police, go call the governor” would make sense. Actually she did not fit to rest of the song/the meaning.

Fun fact: At the time, Brit released Work *****, the people fight against a self-appointed Governor in the third season of The Walking Dead.

3 hours ago, Britman512 said:

This is so weird that you posted this...I literally was listening to this song the other day and had the same thoughts...was the lyrics relatable to her situation...the police and governor part I always thought was so random...but maybe it's not... literally having deja vu with your post..so weird

Archived