K-Pop Songs Distributed By Kakao M Have Been Removed From Spotify Worldwide

Invitation

• Content Curators

Spotify has launched in South Korea since February this year. However, there is already a streaming service provided by Melon that's owned by Kakao M.

None of the songs distributed by Kakao M was available on Spotify South Korea. And today, all the songs were removed internationally on Spotify.

The list of affected artists includes:

MAMAMOO

SEVENTEEN

IU

MONSTA X

GFRIEND

The Boyz

LOONA

Sunmi

(G)I-DLE

BtoB

Apink

P1Harmony

Dreamcatcher

Epik High

SISTAR

CRAVITY

Cosmic Girls

and many more

unnamed.jpg.c856eb3637760cc8fe5acd9bed5e19c5.jpg

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I still have all of those artists on Spotify. I think this ban is only for South Korean audience as to make sure not a lot of users switch to Spotify from the local services. For the international audience, it's still there :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Nope, Reddit and Twitter are full of international fans losing their minds. You must be some weird outlier, idk... :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Super Mods
13 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Nope, Reddit and Twitter are full of international fans losing their minds. You must be some weird outlier, idk... :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Idk, im from Serbia (Europe). I wonder what it looks like for other Europeans on the forum? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Idk, im from Serbia (Europe). I wonder what it looks like for other Europeans on the forum? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

I just realized Hyuna's old discography owned by her previous label Cube is gone :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: The stuff she produced with P Nation is still there. She needs to buy rights to her music ASAP, this could kill her income :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

Those who are not affected might have the songs downloaded prior the purged. Anyway, I was so furious when half of the songs on my playlist gone. I have no choice, and decided to terminate my subscription and jump to Apple Music. I heard that the negotiation has been started since 1.5 year ago but they didn't even get a closure for the licensing agreement. Kinda sad tho because I'm so obsessed with Spotify's algorithm when ir come's to music suggestion. But at the same time, I paid for my music, so I bye bye Spotify. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block