The media and GP are just as bad today as in 2007

Newrie

The industry is still very swayed towards favouring men and it still exists today just as much as it did back then. Separate thing altogether but look at Meghan Markle. She is virtually hounded by the press everyday when she makes the exact same decisions as Prince Harry yet nobody focuses on him yet brands her as “ruthless” and “controlling”. Didn’t Harry chose to move to the States too? 

Woman are still put against each other. Ariana Grande vs Mariah Carey. Britney Spears vs Christina Aguilera. Sugababes Vs Girls Aloud. There couldn’t just be women who are themselves without there being a rivalry or comparison. 

Radio is notorious for favouring men here in the UK it’s always happened. Britney has had very limited radio in play in the UK since I would say Circus. Pretty Girls and anything from Glory was barely played but you can bet Jason Derulo, Justin Timberlake, James Arthur are guaranteed air play. When Take That made a comeback in 2006 they had the backing of radio and the media but when Spice Girls did it a year later they were seen as “passed it, old, washed up”. There’s massive double standards here and it’s so annoying. As long as we have shows like Real Housewives where Andy Cohen pits women against each other and thrives from the drama we can’t move forward. 

You only have to read Daily Mail comments to know our world hasn’t changed at all :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, MSTAR said:

I’m sorry but I don’t believe they would steal her private videos. It’s not about not caring about her rights, it’s just something normal, it doesn’t mean that they didn’t respected several laws that they wouldn’t respect something that everyone should respect: her privacy and private pictures and videos. I mean, Britney can always have access or know that her private videos are on her IG. She would be mad and ask to remove them. And actually, when you watch her videos, she is smiling and seeing the camera so she is recording the video without being forced. A day, a caption of a post said that she will not do posts with beautiful hair and with fresh makeup like on magazines or performances, I really believe that since the girl worked in the industry for more than 20 years, it’s completely understandable. So no, I really think Britney don’t mind that those videos are on her IG page. I don’t get why people are so concerned about her posts, they seem normal to me, Britney is just more herself. But I agree that some filters and editings are not really good on some of her posting.

They stole motherhood, the right to vote, drive a car, keep her friends, her civil rights and her money from her, but you can’t believe they wouldn’t upload whatever videos they want to her Instagram that James owns and has hired Cassie for to handle?Bored Come On GIF

• Like 3

I think one of the biggest issues we face today is just the absolute hypocrisy. It's everywhere, even in this fandom, because no human is resistent to it. You'll have people protect and fight for one woman they deem to be "worthy" of fighting for, and then you'll have the same people absolutely trash another woman for reasons completely asinine. Because something cannot be misogynistic if you have a good reason for it right? People choose the women they like and the ones they don't, and based on that they judge whether something what was said is harmful or not. And the media is just a huge dumpster that will always stay a huge dumpster because people want it that way.

2 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

The industry is still very swayed towards favouring men and it still exists today just as much as it did back then. Separate thing altogether but look at Meghan Markle. She is virtually hounded by the press everyday when she makes the exact same decisions as Prince Harry yet nobody focuses on him yet brands her as “ruthless” and “controlling”. Didn’t Harry chose to move to the States too? 

Woman are still put against each other. Ariana Grande vs Mariah Carey. Britney Spears vs Christina Aguilera. Sugababes Vs Girls Aloud. There couldn’t just be women who are themselves without there being a rivalry or comparison. 

Radio is notorious for favouring men here in the UK it’s always happened. Britney has had very limited radio in play in the UK since I would say Circus. Pretty Girls and anything from Glory was barely played but you can bet Jason Derulo, Justin Timberlake, James Arthur are guaranteed air play. When Take That made a comeback in 2006 they had the backing of radio and the media but when Spice Girls did it a year later they were seen as “passed it, old, washed up”. There’s massive double standards here and it’s so annoying. As long as we have shows like Real Housewives where Andy Cohen pits women against each other and thrives from the drama we can’t move forward. 

You only have to read Daily Mail comments to know our world hasn’t changed at all :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

I am not a fan of either Meghan or Harry but I don’t believe for a second that she has been like putting him in hypnosis to make those decisions. It is HIS choice, absolutely, and they paint her as the manipulator. 
Speaking of them, it is mind blowing how Britney lost her entire life and even adulthood for having any kind of negative feelings as a young and hounded, bullied mother. Harry on the other hand can get paid millions to over and over say he has severe mental health problems as a young father that can’t deal with the press. He did not get a conservatorship, he got a Netflix deal and became BFF with Oprah and every A-list celeb. Britney was dropped like a hot potato and called “crazy”. Harry literally say his mental health is almost destroyed and that he couldn’t deal, why aren’t people saying that he should lose all of his civil rights and be in a conservatorship under Charles? (I know the answer). 

2 minutes ago, Persona said:

I think one of the biggest issues we face today is just the absolute hypocrisy. It's everywhere, even in this fandom, because no human is resistent to it. You'll have people protect and fight for one woman they deem to be "worthy" of fighting for, and then you'll have the same people absolutely trash another woman for reasons completely asinine. Because something cannot be misogynistic if you have a good reason for it right? People choose the women they like and the ones they don't, and based on that they judge whether something what was said is harmful or not. And the media is just a huge dumpster that will always stay a huge dumpster because people want it that way.

But hey, don’t mix misogyny with critisizing individuals that are women. No, it is not misogynistic to criticise a woman. It is only if it either has to do with her *** OR, you would have had a completely different opinion if she was a man. It is misogyny to call Britney crazy because male celebrities get away with literally beating paparazzis to the ground, sleep with half of Hollywood and go in and out of rehab for 20 years without ever losing respect or civil rights. 
It is not misogynistic to be angry with a woman that acts in a way that you would feel the same about if she was a man.

***ism means that it is ***ism behind the attitude, not just “a woman gets criticised”. 

• Leader

This is why I whole-heartedly believe communities like Exhale are really important especially in 2021 when social media and comments sections of these larger sites go unmoderated. At least here you can have a meaningful conversation and make connections with others who share similar interests. Whereas social media is like this free-for-all (I know we have some trolls here still but we are always keeping an eye on things in that regard). 

If you're a guest, sign up to Exhale :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: (for real though). 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Easy There said:

Daily mail readers are biggest trash on earth. You should see nasty things they write about other celebs.

Also her insta post do not help whatsoever,they simply look weird to outsiders. 

go back and read her coverage during 2006-20now they were so cruel to her

2 hours ago, Persona said:

that's not exactly what that means

28 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I will have to disagree on that. Even if the media is still misogynistic and hypocritical to this day, some of the things that were said of back in the media to Britney wouldn't go under the radar today.

YES!!! I think people forget she was baby only like 16-23 for these interviews! I think people need to come back down to Earth and remember she is someone's daughter, Mom, friend, sister, niece...she's a person and a human.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Newrie said:

I get SO frustrated by people who keeps saying that “Wow, people were nasty to women and nasty about mental health in 2007, we have come such a long way today”.

NO!! Just look at this recent article in The Daily Mail and the AWFUL comments!!

People are still acting like blood hounds calling her crazy and defending that she lacks human rights! I tried to comment but my comments were never uploaded, I am fuming. WHY do people say that it was worse in 2007?! Wtf, society is exactly as misogynistic today! Just some minor, cosmetic changes. People have understood they shouldn’t ****-shame the length of a skirt and that bosses in particularly the entertainment industry can be creeps. 

Other than that, people are being horrible and the CORE is not changed!britney-today.jpg.1e5b4fc0b3f5df8b77fd40dbf51ac337.jpg

The daily mail is just a tacky gossip rag. I bet half of the commentators were just trolls. 

I think there’s a huge difference between that and legit reporters like Diane Sawyer going after Britney. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, KatieKat said:

The daily mail is just a tacky gossip rag. I bet half of the commentators were just trolls. 

I think there’s a huge difference between that and legit reporters like Diane Sawyer going after Britney. 

Just today, the most prestigious newspaper in Sweden had an article about Britney, where the journalist wrote that she never fully had understood just how crazy Britney became in 2007 until now. “She shaved her head, such a complete mental breakdown”.

Her analysis was that celebrities are animals in cages that gets poked and go mental. Nothing about her lacking civil rights, and she did absolutely not question the narrative that it would be “crazy” for a woman to shave her head 🤬

4 hours ago, Newrie said:

They stole motherhood, the right to vote, drive a car, keep her friends, her civil rights and her money from her, but you can’t believe they wouldn’t upload whatever videos they want to her Instagram that James owns and has hired Cassie for to handle?Bored Come On GIF

No one have an actual proof to what you are saying, it’s just a theory. Imagine if those posts were Britney’s idea, and wanted to share them, and people say they try to make Britney looking crazy and those are supposed private photos and videos, what would Britney think of this? Is it not a little toxic to judge everything like if we know everything? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Give me some receipts to prove those videos are supposed to be private and that Britney never wanted to post them on IG then I will believe. Also, let’s suppose she don’t have access to internet, so how she would send her photos and videos to her team? She would choose which video to upload... :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Unless if they come to her house and take her phone to navigate through her Pictures App and post whatever they want, and if so, Britney will just stop recording those "supposed" private videos. And also, she will know those private videos are published by any way, for example, Sam could see those posts and show them to Britney and maybe ask some information about them because he found them weird. So is this theory logical? I guess no, those dancing posts are normal, I don’t get why everyone feels concerned about them. You say that media are still toxic by mocking Britney’s IG posts but you do the same: you spread a theory that her team are stealing her private videos, while it’s highly possible that’s Britney herself who want to post them. :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

8 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

No one have an actual proof to what you are saying, it’s just a theory. Imagine if those posts were Britney’s idea, and wanted to share them, and people say they try to make Britney looking crazy and those are supposed private photos and videos, what would Britney think of this? Is it not a little toxic to judge everything like if we know everything? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Give me some receipts to prove those videos are supposed to be private and that Britney never wanted to post them on IG then I will believe. Also, let’s suppose she don’t have access to internet, so how she would send her photos and videos to her team? She would choose which video to upload... :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Unless if they come to her house and take her phone to navigate through her Pictures App and post whatever they want, and if so, Britney will just stop recording those "supposed" private videos. And also, she will know that those private videos are published by any way, for example, Sam could see those posts and show them to Britney and maybe ask some information about them because he found them weird. So is this theory logical? I guess no, those dancing posts are normal, I don’t get why everyone feels concerned about them. You say that media are still toxic by mocking Britney’s IG posts but you do the same: you spread a theory that her team are bowering her private videos, while it’s highly possible that’s Britney herself who want to post them. :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

Come to her house? You think she is alone in her house? There are people there so she can’t just leave. They go through her phone. James has explicitly described in court that they go through her phone and belongings. 

You are also contradicting yourself, since you are sure she sends stuff to Cassie, you are sure they would never violate her rights or break the law. Take your own advice about not being so sure. If you need to laugh that much, start in front of the mirror and look up on how they already have violated her rights and broken laws. 

30 minutes ago, Newrie said:

Just today, the most prestigious newspaper in Sweden had an article about Britney, where the journalist wrote that she never fully had understood just how crazy Britney became in 2007 until now. “She shaved her head, such a complete mental breakdown”.

Her analysis was that celebrities are animals in cages that gets poked and go mental. Nothing about her lacking civil rights, and she did absolutely not question the narrative that it would be “crazy” for a woman to shave her head 🤬

Oh. Well that is very disappointing : ( 

I will never understand why shaving her head and hitting a car with an umbrella were considered so shocking. Tons of people in America have guns for gods sake ... but pulling out an UMBRELLA is a scandal? And she didn’t hit a person, she just whacked the car. 

People do far crazier things all the time without losing most of their rights for over a decade.