This Day in Pop: Lady Gaga releases Stupid Love as the lead single from Chromatica (February 28)

I'm ashamed to admit I heard the leak before its official release. It takes me back to a simpler time before I realised the severity of coronavirus ddd. It's a great song, I think Alice or Free Woman might have been a better lead single although this is still radio friendly enough to be a single.

• Love 3

I do not consider myself a fan of Gaga, even tho I have heard all her albums, I am a more casual listener of her work. "Stupid Love" for me, hasn't been the best option as an opening. The song is very basic and unfortunately its music video has not helped the song, but quite the contrary, a very cheap video with somewhat cringe performances.

"Rain On Me" was a good step forward, I think it didn’t get the desired numbers being a collaboration of two high-caliber artists, but I must admit that this song is more catchy and more ear-pleasing than the first single.

Regarding "911" is a song that didn’t call my attention at first, in fact I didn’t like it very much, but watching the video several times has helped the song grow in me and I ended up liking it, unlike what happened with SP.

"Alice" should have been a single without a doubt. "Sour Candy" was a great candidate since BlackPink is at its best and my favorite "Sine From Above" and "1001 Doves" could have been interesting singles, not the most original or fresh, but I must admit I love those two songs next to "Alice".

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Luminous said:

I do not consider myself a fan of Gaga, even tho I have heard all her albums, I am a more casual listener of her work. "Stupid Love" for me, hasn't been the best option as an opening. The song is very basic and unfortunately its music video has not helped the song, but quite the contrary, a very cheap video with somewhat cringe performances.

"Rain On Me" was a good step forward, I think it didn’t get the desired numbers being a collaboration of two high-caliber artists, but I must admit that this song is more catchy and more ear-pleasing than the first single.

Regarding "911" is a song that didn’t call my attention at first, in fact I didn’t like it very much, but watching the video several times has helped the song grow in me and I ended up liking it, unlike what happened with SP.

"Alice" should have been a single without a doubt. "Sour Candy" was a great candidate since BlackPink is at its best and my favorite "Sine From Above" and "1001 Doves" could have been interesting singles, not the most original or fresh, but I must admit I love those two songs next to "Alice".

Well, Stupid Love's hype was ruined some because of the leak. Had it not been leaked 5 weeks before its release, it would have done better.

As for ROM, it was a global smash hit. I knew it was gonna have huge success. Unfortunately, that didn't translate as much to here in the US.

I love Chromatica, and it has a special place in my heart because it helped me get out of an extremely dark time in my life. 

• Love 2

You know what. Stupid Love is a kick-as.s song. It doesnt get enough credit and its really not fair. :slamga_stupid_love_lady_gaga_chromatica_pink_fall_hit:

For me its the best song on the album. It was a great first single. I hope in the years to come people will get to appreciate this song more. :runga_stupid_love_gaga_running_away_bye_pink_chromatica:

I think Chromatica is my favorite Gaga album. I really regret this album happened during the pandemic. I just keep dreaming of all the fabulous promo we would have gotten if it wasnt for stupid covid. :sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea:

Im still trying to process the fact that theres not gonna be videos for Free Woman, Babylon and Sour Candy :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block