Region locked music is borderline offensive

mattyciulla

You wanna know what makes zero sense? Region locked music! I have never understand why, especially in today’s world, region locked music is such a thing. Nicole’s solo stuff, Britney, Alexandra Burke, Cheryl Cole, Kelly Rowland. I mean the list goes on. All these artist have a insane discographies but wait! I can’t cause US market is more urban??  Some of their best music only people who live in the UK can listen too. Sorry. What are you dumb?? Get with it and end all region locked music. Thank youuuu

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

Believe it or not, region locked music does not depend on the artist, it's actually got to do with your country's copyright and music/aartist laws. For example, 90% of music on german youtube was unavailable up until recently because of Germany's dispute with Google. Additionally, a lot of countries (even European) still have very outdated copyright laws that require tons of bureaucracy so an artist's label and management consider it a waste of money and time :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

2 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Believe it or not, region locked music does not depend on the artist, it's actually got to do with your country's copyright and music/aartist laws. For example, 90% of music on german youtube was unavailable up until recently because of Germany's dispute with Google. Additionally, a lot of countries (even European) still have very outdated copyright laws that require tons of bureaucracy so an artist's label and management consider it a waste of money and time :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Is that really true? I thought some songs/albums were geoblocked because some may not have been released in certain countries at the time, but in this streaming era where online music is easily accessible across the world it just seems stupid.

11 hours ago, lili_ballet said:

region blocked youtube videos hurt my soul. like whyyyyyyyyyy

also the way streaming sites have different contents in diff countries, like im playing the same money for a ****ty selection when somewhere else i could be getting great content:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

YouTube changed it recently so if someone embeds a YouTube video that’s blocked in your country you can’t even see a thumbnail of the video anymore or what the song was supposed to be. I hate it.

It's even worse if you're into Japanese pop music lol

Most japanese record labels refuse to distribute their music on international streaming platforms like YouTube etc

And it's very hard to buy physical albums unless you import them , it's very expensive too because they ship from Asia

back in the 00s most j-popstars would only upload a 30 seconds teasers on YouTube of their new music video but the full versions were rarely available on YouTube...

K-pop stans are so lucky tbh 

Archived