This Day in Pop: Britney presents an award at the Grammy's in 2002 (February 27)

3 hours ago, FeedTheStans said:

I love that they experimented a bit with her look, she looks so classy here.

Wasn't she still with Justin at this point, I tought they broke up in December 2002?

She attended the Clive Davis party with him and his mom the day before and was seen watching the grammys with his mom. Idk how many times they broke up, but the official split was in march 2002. Later that year, Britney said first he broke up with her and then she broke up with him. JC Chasez and Lance also talked about how they were on & off for a while, but who knows exactly when. 

She was seen wearing his tshirt a month after their official split 

0012.jpg

XRAY_wadesparty.jpg

The fight they had over the phone bc Justin was pissed off at her was in late may/early june. But who knows if they were still hooking up by then. What I know is he recorded cmar in early june and that song was written after a fight they had over the phone. From then on, Justin started shading her and became a real mess. In late 2002/early 2003 he cooled down and wasnt shading her like that anymore, he seemed cool with her. They said they were friends then and there were a lot of rumours about them having smt at that point (once they asked him about it and instead of denying, he only said he was single) and she even went to his bday, wished him a happy bday on an interview and everything, she seemed quite smitten on the interview. Fred Durst said she ditched him for Justin around this time and Johnny Wright also said she fired him in February 2003 after splitting up with Justin. Some months after this, Britney started shading Justin and later that year Justin would be shading her again too, so it seems like smt happened in early 2003 and that was the last time they had contact with each other. 

Spoiler

I believe TKO is about this period when they weren't gf and bf anymore, but still had smt and he saw her with other guy - probably Fred Durst or Colin Farrell. She was seen with Colin 3 days before his bday. 

54 minutes ago, Bundy said:

She attended the Clive Davis party with him and his mom the day before and was seen watching the grammys with his mom. Idk how many times they broke up, but the official split was in march 2002. Later that year, Britney said first he broke up with her and then she broke up with him. JC Chasez and Lance also talked about how they were on & off for a while, but who knows exactly when. 

She was seen wearing his tshirt a month after their official split 

0012.jpg

XRAY_wadesparty.jpg

The fight they had over the phone bc Justin was pissed off at her was in late may/early june. But who knows if they were still hooking up by then. What I know is he recorded cmar in early june and that song was written after a fight they had over the phone. From then on, Justin started shading her and became a real mess. In late 2002/early 2003 he cooled down and wasnt shading her like that anymore, he seemed cool with her. They said they were friends then and there were a lot of rumours about them having smt at that point (once they asked him about it and instead of denying, he only said he was single) and she even went to his bday, wished him a happy bday on an interview and everything, she seemed quite smitten on the interview. Fred Durst said she ditched him for Justin around this time and Johnny Wright also said she fired him in February 2003 after splitting up with Justin. Some months after this, Britney started shading Justin and later that year Justin would be shading her again too, so it seems like smt happened in early 2003 and that was the last time they had contact with each other. 

Hide contents

I believe TKO is about this period when they weren't gf and bf anymore, but still had smt and he saw her with other guy - probably Fred Durst or Colin Farrell. She was seen with Colin 3 days before his bday. 

Yeah I don't know the exact date by memory but when I did the Crossroads promotion thread, in one of the interviews she says she's still with Justin and all of sudden in one interview, I think the UK she says she's single, and the interviewer fakes a wedding with her

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah I don't know the exact date by memory but when I did the Crossroads promotion thread, in one of the interviews she says she's still with Justin and all of sudden in one interview, I think the UK she says she's single, and the interviewer fakes a wedding with her

There were articles at the time talking about this mess of these mixed signals lol 

https://www.mtv.com/news/1452995/britney-justin-continue-to-shoot-down-breakup-claims/

https://www.mtv.com/news/1453473/the-britney-and-justin-mystery-why-they-wont-come-clean/ 

https://edition.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/28/ew.hot.britney/index.html 

I think there was an article back then saying they were trying to sort things out, so it's quite confusing. Maybe they were hooking up here and there on the low until the fight they had bc of smt he heard Britney saying about him on a show a couple of months later? It's interesting that cmar wasn't written right away after their official split. 

The interview where she marries the guy, he later said that paper was true and her security destroyed once he found out what he had just done :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: