Should Scream & Shout have been included on Britney Jean?

ItsBritneyB*tch

So everything’s been so crazy lately so I thought we could have a fun discussion. :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

So obviously S&S was one of the biggest hits of late 2012/early 2013 both in the US and internationally. Currently today, the video remains Britney’s highest viewed video on YouTube with 800M. 

So should this have been included on BJ, kinda similar to how Dilemma by Kelly & Nelly was included as a single on both of their albums. It could’ve been the lead to BJ and WB could’ve been the second single, and Perfume as the third. 

Sonically, it doesn’t differ too much from the sounds in BJ, so it wouldn’t seem out of place. 

What do you guys think?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should have been a bonus track at least, just like Radar was a bonus track on Circus. 

But of course it depends how friendly Britney and Will’s label played, as its Will.I.Am’s song and Britney was just a feature. Much like Iggy was just a feature on Pretty Girls 

I wouldnt make any sense. Britney and Will werent partners on the track, she was just a feature. Besides, Tulisa took legal measures against Will right after he released it because not only he and the producers stole the track from her but didnt give her the composition rights (and Tulisa's vocals appear in the background as well). This situation wasnt settled till 2018 with Tulisa's victory, so it would be impossible for the track to be feautred on Britney Jean cause the problem would reflect on Britney and RCA for nothing.

Also, word on the street was that the money made with song was freezed for 5 years because of that :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

I wish she would be able to add it as a bonus track, cause S&S was added onto her Essential Britney Spears compilation album, so it doesn't seem like it would take much effort to tack it on BJ. I also kinda want it to be on BJ to make it more accesible on streaming, like since it was a single and then on will.i.am's album, you gotta go to the bottom section on her spotify to where all the singles and collaborations are, so it would make it easier if you could just go to BJ

It could’ve been a bonus on the deluxe. 

If they ever do another greatest hits album type deal I’m sure it and the S&M Remix with both be on it even though she’s just featured. 

Another side note lol, I kinda wish they had re-released Femme Fatale with the S&M Remix, the horrible TTWE Remix, Scary, and Burning Up on it....they could’ve called it Femme Fatale (Ultimate Edition) 

24 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

It could’ve been a bonus on the deluxe. 

If they ever do another greatest hits album type deal I’m sure it and the S&M Remix with both be on it even though she’s just featured. 

Another side note lol, I kinda wish they had re-released Femme Fatale with the S&M Remix, the horrible TTWE Remix, Scary, and Burning Up on it....they could’ve called it Femme Fatale (Ultimate Edition) 

That would’ve been cool and interesting

I think it would have fit nicely in the deluxe track list right after Passenger.  It was a huge hit and the GP would have definitely still remembered it around the BJ release. It was a bit of a missed opportunity marketing-wise especially since Will had such a hand in the album project. I was actually surprised when I initially saw it wasn’t on the album. It would have given BJ a good little push instead of being DOA. Back then it was only available on Will’s album so it would have been cool fie fans who wanted the song on a Britney CD.

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

I mean yeah it was a weak era overall, but you can’t deny that Scream and Shout followed by Work ***** would’ve generated better sales lol.

It could have I agree, but I think when BJ and WB arrived folks were kind of tired of the auto tune at that point! In regards to WB and many of the songs on BJ are too robotic and way over produced and auto tuned

Archived