Drew Barrymore expresses her sympathy to Britney. Reflects on being sent to a psychiatric hospital at the age of 13 by her mother.

Mr. Cavill

Actress Drew Barrymore opens up about the time she was sent to a psychiatric hospital by her mother. In the interview she admits to having been out of control but also reflects on whether being institutionalised has been her mother's best decision. Drew draws parallels between her situation and that of Britney and Paris and the way the public perceived those vulnerable moments in their lives.

Drew says 'I have so much empathy towards so many people. Paris Hilton came on [my] show and she'd been institutionalised by her mom. And you think like Britney and Paris, and I've thought it for myself. I'm sure the people look on and think 'These party girls, these privileges, how dare they have feelings about any of this? They've put themselves out there, they've asked for this. It's fair fking game.' 

To which she responds with: 'They're humans, they're just humans.':sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Despite the criticism towards her mother ('She created a monster') and not having talked to her for a very long time, Drew admits that she's finally forgiven her mother. However, it took a lot of strength and courage on her side to do that.

Drew's story is a cautionary tale about a parent-child relationship and how fragile it can be. Exhale, what do you think? In light of this interview, can you see Britney ever opening up about her relationship with her father? Do you think she'd forgive him for what he's done in the past 13 years? Most importantly, do you think we'd ever see Britney be that sincere?:nervousney_thinking_britney_looking_up_hands_face_clasp_ftr_for_the_record:

Discuss.

P.S. Sorry if AP. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being forcefully institutionalised is never a pleasant experience. Because for that to happen, someone must be doing really bad to the point where they either cant help themselves or refuse help and need intervention. And with how a lot of psychiatric hospitals all over the world that are understaffed and underfunded treat their patients, it's rarely a pleasant, or rahter healing, experience overall. In my opinion. Having said that, I think Britney might speak out one day, if she feels she wants the public to know to raise awareness or maybe if it's what she needs to help her heal from this. But I wouldn't at all blame her if she didn't or demand it from her. It's already hard to talk about something like when it's just 1 on 1. And at the end of the day we have no clue what her life actually looked like with Jamie as her conservator, from the moment she wakes up til she goes back to sleep. And we might not ever know. I just hope that if we find out the details, it'll be with Britney's permission. In terms of forgiving him...I don't know, I'm not Britney obviously. And forgiving never means forgetting. People forgive to heal, too, regardless whether they actually think that person deserves forgiveness.

Archived