Nightline: Britney Spears’ father maintains conservatorship out of love, lawyer says

7 minutes ago, Newrie said:

Like yeah, we have the OPTION to receive support, the person with disabilities can consent to receive support with daily chores and their finances, but nobody owns them, nobody is their “guardian”. And that can be abused enough as it is! It actually gets abused enough as it is but the person’s affected still have ALL civil rights and the right to remove the support from their life. Obviously, if the disability is severe, this is easy to dismiss for the staff and again, abuse their position, but at least according to the law the clients are equal citizens. 

it is basically the same in germany

7 minutes ago, Oops2000 said:

oh im also from germany, i didnt know we had a guardianship system or something thats similar to its structures...its so scary.

i agree that independent doctors should decide and not lawyers...

Googeln hilft :-)  Allerdings wer bei uns einmal in der gesetzliche Betreuung gelandet ist kommt da auch nicht mehr so einfach raus. Aber zumindest kann man sich einen eigenen Anwalt nehmen der auch interessen des Betreuten vertritt. Bei uns ist die Vormundschaft für Anwälte eben kein Geschäft wie in den USA.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Oops2000 said:

oh im also from germany, i didnt know we had a guardianship system or something thats similar to its structures...its so scary.

The history of psychiatry is horrifying. It says more about the limits of the people in power of it in the old times, than of their “patients”. In every dictatorship (in Soviet, other communist dictatorships as well as in fascist and **** dictatorships) it has been used to punish and de-activate political dissidents as well as minorities and women (especially single mothers) and it has had a huge impact on the mental health of their children that were separated from their mothers and their children and so on. Also in democracies it has been used to abuse minorities, and again, women. It is not in a good, modern and truly evidence based practice ANYWHERE in the world but the United States seem to be one of the worst and most behind countries actually. I mean they still have the death penalty as well and a crazy prison industry. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Newrie said:

The history of psychiatry is horrifying. It says more about the limits of the people in power of it in the old times, than of their “patients”. In every dictatorship (in Soviet, other communist dictatorships as well as in fascist and **** dictatorships) it has been used to punish and de-activate political dissidents as well as minorities and women (especially single mothers) and it has had a huge impact on the mental health of their children that were separated from their mothers and their children and so on. Also in democracies it has been used to abuse minorities, and again, women. It is not in a good, modern and truly evidence based practice ANYWHERE in the world but the United States seem to be one of the worst and most behind countries actually. I mean they still have the death penalty as well and a crazy prison industry. 

That’s because slavery in America never went away, it was replaced by corporations and prisons.

Britney is a slave to the industry 

• Like 2

There is no way the public is going to buy this. 

out of love? Think of the general population of people who are watching this. Everyone knows there is money to be made. Everyone knows her “breakdown” was not severe enough for her to be considered an incapable vegetable. In a Kanye west era, an era where people can openly discuss their past (or current) struggles. An era where so many people have therapists, financial advisors, life coaches, wellness coaches....

Their empty PR tours are futile. Enough is enough. 

4 hours ago, Oops2000 said:

Gesetzliche Betreuung. Ich hatte mal eine, tatsächlich. Für mich war es relativ einfach wieder daraus zu kommen. Aber ich kenne genug Leute, bei denen es praktisch ein hoffnungsloser Fall ist.

Amazing how you can take away all rights from a strong and talented woman and claim she is disabled yet you take all of the money that she makes on her own , like she has 1 purpose in life and it's to be your puppet and make money...... Disgusting . These people make me sick , where are feminist movements to speak up against this crime ? Where is the justice system , it's like women still have no rights .

8 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

There’s many pros and cons to this segment. Pros being the reporter asking why Britney is scared of her father, the overall tone feeling dark, and Vivian not answering the questions and contradicting her point. 
The cons were definitely the IG snippets, the lack of detail (for the audience who viewed and doesn’t know the full story, and the fans looking like a bunch of naive kids who are grouping together for a fun experience. I know how passionate the fans are but the GP doesn’t and they looked immature in this segment. That’s an editing thing but again for the average viewer who doesn’t know, I don’t think that clip did the movement justice. 
It could have been way worse. I don’t see team con doing much press. They can’t say much of anything legally. We still have multiple documentaries to look forward to and especially the Netflix special that will focus more on Jamie/Lou. 
This is a pebble in the Grand Canyon. No worries. 

Yes, the editing on this was definitely designed to lead viewers one way. That didn't sit well with me. It was interesting how the clips team con shared which were intended to show Britney as being happy also showed that she seems pretty normal vs her own IG clips. Of course, they had to toss in her own IG clips to shatter that.

Shame on you Vivian, shame on you Jamie! They must think the general public is absolutely stupid? Who the hell is gonna fall for that sophia the robot *** performance she put on? Out of love, like wtf? Is this the same man who isn't allowed to see his grandkids due to a restraining order? Is this the same man who drank throughout his daughter's childhood? Why the **** does this abusive, narcissistic alcoholic even have a legal standing? The Californian Courts never fail to amaze me...