This Day in Pop: Kelly Clarkson's album Piece by Piece is released

• Content Curators

R-6705397-1424998542-5598.jpeg.jpg

"Piece by Piece" is Kelly Clarkson's seventh studio album, released on February 27, 2015
The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 and gave Kelly three Grammy nominations.
"Heartbeat Song","Invincible" and  "Piece by Piece" were the three singles this album produced.

"Heartbeat Song" was the first single released. The song was nominated at the Teen Choice Awards in 2015 for Choice Music Single: Female Artist and at the 58th Annual Grammy Awards for  Best Pop Solo Performance. The song won at the 64th Annual BMI Pop Awards.
The theme of the song is about meeting someone who restores your faith in love.

"Invincible" was the second single released. The self-empowerment anthem talks about becoming strong and discovering a sense of self-worth.

"Piece By Piece" was the third single released. The song was also nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance at the Grammys. It sings about restoring faith in love and family relationships. 

At the fifteenth season of American Idol Kelly's live performance of "Piece by Piece" was met with positive commerical and critical response which led RCA to issue an "Idol version" of the track on February 29, 2016.

The album was nominated for a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Album.

What's your favorite song from "Piece by Piece" ?

tumblr_oxs857tebK1r0slduo1_1280.jpg

KC_JC14_08-Hood_0721_1600_c.jpg

nrm_1425326286-kc_jc14_07-projection_061

KCPBP.JPG.c31e5d41b281ec7d413e90f17a565edf.JPG

• Love 4

I wanna be there when you touch fire

This album should’ve had more singles, although it is not one of my favorite albums.

Dance with Me, Nostalgic and Good Goes the Bye should’ve gotten the single treatment with proper music videos. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Nostalgic is clearly the best song to drive with your windows rolled down and scream your lungs out. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Love 3
  • Content Curators
5 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I can see why some OG fans (and Kelly herself, if I'm not mistaken) didn't vibe with this album, but I actually listened to it a lot back in 2015 and 2016. And of course, In the Blue is the standout track. :matches:

it's such an amazing song and so underrated

the fact that it was a bonus track though :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: the mess

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

• Content Curators
2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I gotta admit when this album first came out I wasn’t super in love with it, but as the years went by I really grown to love it!

Same, thier might be a low rating review written by me on amazon for this album :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: I actually didn't like it much ether but it grew on me later on when I actually paid attention to what she was singing about, the lyrics are so deep and touching.

• Love 2

• Content Curators
30 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I know she has a lot of fans but I’m surprised she isn’t way more popular even today. Her music is very easy to get into and it appeals to a lot of people especially Breakaway which appealed to pop lovers and pop rock fans too!

I agree, I think she just didn't have really good promo after Breakaway.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block