New Domination Rehearsal for "Gimme More"

The choreo and the remix aren't that special imo, the choreo is very Hold It Against Me.

I feel like this style of choreography, where is mostly posing, works better when the other dancers are not doing very quick movements and being all over the place. That's why I can enjoy the original VMA Gimme More choreography, everyone is at the same pace with movements all around. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

1) I don't think anyone's expecting Britney to dance like she did in 2004. This discussion has been happening since forever.

2) It's not about the fact that Britney's choreo is simpler than her dancers'. As you're saying, that's been the case for the past 15 years.

The comments on this thread say otherwise. People are still complaining about those things, which is why I wrote my comment. 

But I do agree with your other statements. I didn't watch all the other rehearsal videos because I wasn't a fan of the POM performances, and I was expecting something similar. And tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if Britney herself requested this type of choreo, given the changes in her style. 

Maybe they were going to do something more theatrical with the stage, or special effects to enhance the performance. We'll never know, I guess. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Mantequilla said:

The comments on this thread say otherwise. People are still complaining about those things, which is why I wrote my comment. 

But I do agree with your other statements. I didn't watch all the other rehearsal videos because I wasn't a fan of the POM performances, and I was expecting something similar. And tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if Britney herself requested this type of choreo, given the changes in her style. 

Maybe they were going to do something more theatrical with the stage, or special effects to enhance the performance. We'll never know, I guess. 

I'm sure they would've invested a lot in the stage/special effects but it's like watching a cheap action movie: the special effects excite you but the plot kinda sucks. Once you get used to the gimmicks, there isn't much left. It felt like this with some POM segments. Less is more.

1 hour ago, kaledkalil said:

The choreo and the remix aren't that special imo, the choreo is very Hold It Against Me.

I feel like this style of choreography, where is mostly posing, works better when the other dancers are not doing very quick movements and being all over the place. That's why I can enjoy the original VMA Gimme More choreography, everyone is at the same pace with movements all around. 

^ This. It's all over the place. It makes the performance overwhelming to watch and you can't focus on Britney. At least the HIAM choreo had a structure and it was switching from fast to slow with the peak being the final chorus; not to mention the chair dance breakdown which wasn't anything hard to do but it was an immaculate touch and whenever Brit was feeling it, it looked amazing. 

• Love 1

Being a dancer myself I can say the choreo is hard indeed but like many said its not HER style. These choreographers seem to forget people love britney's attitude more than her moves. If you dont make her feel **** she's not going to pull it off. Hence why everytime she choreographs herself (breathe on me etc) she does cool **** group choreos, floor movements etc.

• Love 2

Thank God Abomination was canceled. The show would receive a lot of hate...

And again, choreographers were NOT creating for Britney. They did smth that looked cool for the dancers to then randomly throw Britney in there.

Its not hard to create for Britney. They just need to do what Andre did: study how her body moves, work with her to sharp her skills and and then create smth based on that. Britney pretty much said in FTR she loved work with Andre because of that. His choreos werent hard at all, but they looked amazing on Britney's body.

NapyTabs were directing Adomination, but they outsourced the choreography. Too much people involved trying to sneak in their style into the stage. All choreos that leaked so far were made by different people. The result: all of them look like a mess :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

12 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

I’m probably going to get sooo much hate for this comment but it’s not a fact and I’m not claiming so. When I watch videos like this I wonder if she was on something like adderal for her earlier half of her career. She states in interviews that her new shows are her most grueling and hardest yet when they’re clearly not even close to what she used to put out. I could be completely wrong and I know it’s wrong to chat about other people’s personal life but I just have to wonder sometimes. It could also be that her hearts just not in it and they’re making her promote it as her hardest yet to generate sales but I feel like either way at this point it’s safe to say that she’s generally not motivated at her job. I thought after Circus era she would improve but it’s been consistent. Yes Glory era was amazing and I don’t count that gem of a time lol. I just mean in general. I still love her and no I’m not hating. Just and honestly observation. 

I think the same way, she lost her passion and i think its so normal. In her prime time, she already proved that she was a pop icon, she overachieved and was way too famous. For the adderal part i might be wrong but i read several that she was on amphetamine so it might be adderal