New Domination Rehearsal for "Gimme More"

30 minutes ago, mfanbs said:

unpopular opinion...:pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking:

i dont like any of the rehersals :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

its all like posing and moving around there is no actual dancing for the stand in(britney)

Same. Now it'd be interesting if that's what Britney actually wanted. She seemed very hands on with the choreos or at least so it seemed on instagram. But we don't know if she actually wanted Domination to happen or it was just another contract, money bait, by her team/father. I'm just very curious to hear Britney's opinion on her dancing/choreos.

15 minutes ago, godneyjspears said:

Don't come for me but whilst I agree the choreo isn't great that's not to say this performance wouldn't have been cool to see once you added lighting, production and special effects etc. 

If she did this with attitude and was feeling it and the production was BIG then I think this would have been pretty good :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

We had this for POM though and it took from Britney's moments to shine. She was pretty much blending with the other dancers. Not to mention that with the POM tour the whole lighting, production, and special effects were pretty much non-existent and it revealed the show's weaknesses - badly coordinated choreo with lots of dancers. If you have a good choreo, you don't need to rely on special effects. In fact, they should only be enhancing the performance and not cover up its flaws. A good choreography doesn't have to be complex but it does need a well-thought-out structure. At the end of the day though, we don't know what Britney wants so if Domination is what she desires, then by all means let her have it but I do believe that things ought to be a little more coordinated so they can make sense. We need concepts, not just plain dancing.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Maybe I’m being really down on Britney’s abilities but I think this has more sustained movement than basically any post 2004 choreography. There’s essentially no empty walking parts here and a lot of ‘bottom Half’ legs/feet/hips movement. If I saw Britney pull this off on stage with the visuals, costuming, attitude etc I think it would be a very ****, cool number.

Britney hasn’t really had a difficult intense dance number since 2004, but this doesn’t look messy/empty/prop heavy like some of the 2008-now routines do. When I watch these rehearsals yes she wasn’t back to 2004 levels of demand, but they seem to have a cohesion and style and bite that she hasn’t had in a long time, with a few exceptions here and there.

I love it when stans keep it in reality! You are very correct & this is such a point to be made!

• Love 1

I don't know what people were expecting. 

"This choreography is not Britney", well, Britney hasn't done hardcore choreo since ITZ, which was how many years ago? And we've seen that choreographers design her parts in a special way, and her choreo is always simpler than the choreo for the dancers. And why are people expecting 90s moves? Choreography has changed in time, just like music has changed. Even Britney's personal style has changed so much, and we have evidence all over her instagram. None of this should be a surprise. 

gigixgoode Tumblr blog with posts - Tumbral.com

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Mantequilla said:

I don't know what people were expecting. 

"This choreography is not Britney", well, Britney hasn't done hardcore choreo since ITZ, which was how many years ago? And we've seen that choreographers design her parts in a special way, and her choreo is always simpler than the choreo for the dancers. And why are people expecting 90s moves? Choreography has changed in time, just like music has changed. Even Britney's personal style has changed so much, and we have evidence all over her instagram. None of this should be a surprise. 

gigixgoode Tumblr blog with posts - Tumbral.com

1) I don't think anyone's expecting Britney to dance like she did in 2004. This discussion has been happening since forever.

2) It's not about the fact that Britney's choreo is simpler than her dancers'. As you're saying, that's been the case for the past 15 years.

3) This Gimme more choreo doesn't have a structure at all. The stand-in is not upfront but rather in the middle. People are dancing around her, thus distracting the viewer's attention to the main act - Britney. There's no build-up in the performance; it's' very monotonous. There's no power, nor attitude oozing from the choreography. Dance breakdowns are such a Britney moment in her shows and yes, the current GM Domination demonstrates one but again, it's nothing powerful. It doesn't add anything to the overall performance.

By all means, there's no need for a fully choreographed number. It's all about Britney's energy and her charisma on stage. Focus on mannerisms, free-style, expressing power through movements, hand gestures, powerful walks, etc. Work on epic performance beginnings/endings; make it memorable. The Circus Tour had a lot of these.

I do agree that her style's changed and there's nothing wrong with that; her instagram is very reflective of it and even the Domination rehearsals.

From the Domination rehearsals I like Slave 4 U and Coupure Electrique the most because Britney is at the front, serving power and confidence. I suppose the choreo is created based on the remixes so there's only so much choreographers can do.

I'd still support the numbers but I'd like to know if that's truly what Britney wants because then it wouldn't be a matter of composition/style, but of taste. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

• Love 1