Columbus Short: Britney's parents called me the n-word, Lynne and Jamie release separate statements denying the allegations

Apparently Columbus made this claim last year in his autobiography. To be fair, the OP’s post isn’t quite what he said. Columbus claims that one of Britney’s parents called him the N word but didn’t say which one. Via US Weekly: 

“Short, 38, claimed in his 2020 autobiography, Short Stories, that he overheard either Lynne or her ex-husband, Jamie Spears, using the racial epithet to describe him in 2003 after he allegedly slept with Britney, now 39, during a trip to Rome. He did not specify which parent said it.

“I was next to [Britney] while she was on the phone with them crying while she had it on speaker,” he wrote before alleging that one of the Grammy winner’s folks asked her, “Why are you f–king that n–ger?”

——

Surely he can distinguish Jamie’s voice from Lynne’s. It was probably Jamie that said the N word but Lynne being Lynne may not have interjected. And just because Lynne might not have said that word it doesn’t mean she’s keen on her daughter/children “mixing” with Black folks in THAT WAY.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/britney-spears-mom-denies-calling-columbus-short-the-n-word-in-2003/amp/

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, generation glory said:

Surely he can distinguish Jamie’s voice from Lynne’s. It was probably Jamie that said the N word but Lynne being Lynne may not have interjected. And just because Lynne might not have said that word it doesn’t mean she’s keen on her daughter/children “mixing” with Black folks in THAT WAY.

I hate Jamie. But Columbus constantly changes his story with Britney since 2004. So all that he says has lost its credibility, imo...

• Like 4
On 2/25/2021 at 9:14 PM, Easy There said:

columbus-short-britney.jpg.5c72f6b08b36348a0b44b7075ec2dc1d.jpg

Columbus Short, who briefly danced for Britney in 2003, and claims to have had a romantic stint with the pop star during a trip to Rome, says Britney's parents called him the n-word.

“I was next to [Britney] while she was on the phone with them crying while she had it on speaker.” He claims he overheard her parents ask, “Why are you f–king that n—-r?” And that, “Britney looked at me so apologetically, knowing I’d heard it. I shook my head and didn’t say anything, because what was there to say?”

“I wasn’t shocked when it happened. Look where they’re from … they’re from Louisiana. The way it came out was so effortless, like that’s how they speak. I wasn’t shocked and I wasn’t hurt by it, I was just like, ‘Wow, this is … OK … I know who I am around here.’” He added that, “Because they have black bodyguards doesn’t mean behind closed doors they don’t use that word.”

“After that I felt like maybe [Britney] was using me to piss them off for some reason. I think she is a really sweet person that was tormented in a position on a high level that I can’t imagine. I liken it to Princess Diana. She was the pop princess. Britney couldn’t go nowhere — her world [was] completely controlled in this bubble. There would be times that she would act out, and I don’t blame her. She was trying to find her way.” He added, “I love Britney to this day… I feel bad for her. I wish the world knew the Britney I knew.”

Lynne Spears adamantly denies it was her. She told Page Six in a statement, “I want to be very clear. Those terrible words are not remotely in my vocabulary. I would never say that to anyone, much less my daughter. Ever.”

A source close to Jamie Spears also denied Short’s story, saying, “Jamie was not there, and not involved. In fact, during this time period, Jamie was not involved in Britney’s business at all.”

Shut up Lynne. You consented to make a slave out of your own daughter, you wrote it yourself in your book! I 100% believe him and the fact that Lynne lies about it makes her even more shady. I am not here for LFB’s and Billy B’s narrative that it is only about James but not the rest of that family too.

• Like 2

I can't believe how quick to judge most of you are. I realise how we stand with Jamie, but still, this is some random guy showing up and claiming something horrible. For me, he is in the same category as James Alexander.

No matter how much you dislike Jamie, It is wrong to accuse someone solely based on gossip trash.

I also find It very wrong to justify such horrible claims on the fact they come from the South. Think about other people who do too and aren't just automatically racist.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

I can't believe how quick to judge most of you are. I realise how we stand with Jamie, but still, this is some random guy showing up and claiming something horrible. For me, he is in the same category as James Alexander.

No matter how much you dislike Jamie, It is wrong to accuse someone solely based on gossip trash.

I also find It very wrong to justify such horrible claims on the fact they come from the South. Think about other people who do too and aren't just automatically racist.

It's not the first time we've heard things like this about Jamie though, so it's not a quick to judge moment.

It's not like Jamie and Lynne have historically been great people, so there is room to question it.

Your last point I can agree with.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

People aren’t  randomly accusing him ... Colombus himself is coming forward and making the accusations. 

It is very possible that he is making up but I’m inclined to believe him.

7 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

It's not the first time we've heard things like this about Jamie though, so it's not a quick to judge moment.

It's not like Jamie and Lynne have historically been great people, so there is room to question it.

Your last point I can agree with.

Of course there’s a room to question It, none of us knows for sure, It’s a Schrödinger’s cat kinda thing. However most of the comments took It for granted, like, oh he hooked up with Britney and they come from South, so It must be true. Girl, please:girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

7 hours ago, nwonder said:

People aren’t  randomly accusing him ... Colombus himself is coming forward and making the accusations. 

It is very possible that he is making up but I’m inclined to believe him.

And where did I say they are randomly accusing him? It’s fascinating how Columbus’ word is so credible, y’all take It for granted without any doubt.

I would even say, hate for Jamie is so high, fans would buy If ***istant’s dog spoke out:trash_throw_away_recycle:

• Like 1