24 years ago, The Spice girls opened up the 1997 Brits, which is deemed by the british public and itv viewers as the most memorable performance ever.

Spicechinodiva

January of 96, nobody knew who Posh, Baby, Scary, Ginger and Posh were, in the span of 13 months, They conquered the globe, Wannabe just topped the US Billboard hot 100, beginning the two years of what is dubbed Spice mania..

Opening the Brits, was seen as a homecoming to The girls, taking two awards, Best British single for Wannabe, and Best music video for say you'll be there. 

The performance is also iconic for Geri's infamous Union jack dress,  which holds the record for the most sold Official music costume ever, sold in a Uniter Ambassadors auction for 2.34 Million dollars by Hard rock hotel, a decision she regets, now..

The performance also won at the 2010 Brit awards for best brit memorable performance  ever for the 30th celebration of the Brits, beating out Madonna and countless others. 

The Spice girls (without Ginger Spice), would win the outstanding contribution to British music at the 2000 Brits. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember as a kid always feeling bad for sporty that her outfits were boring compared to the other girls LOL but sometimes also being like damn, she gets to wear comfy clothes! 

Scary was my favourite. I loved her fashion and all the animal prints 

Archived