This Day in Pop: Britney Spears announces she'll be performing for the first time ever on GMA in 2011 (February 25)

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, NoGlorySlander said:

@PokemonSpearsI appreciate all your hard work, but why we need these kinda anniversaries? We all know things now, this is not a celebration by any means. 

well, it may not be a celebration for you, and we know that something might have been going on behind the scenes, but the truth is we don't know for sure what was exactly happening in this particular time and at the end of the day, this is just an announcement that marked more or less the beginning of the FF era promo, and it will be remembered just like the Desert Performance in 2013 or the release of the MM video in 2016, etc. As I always say, we have two options on how to look at what she did career wise during the conservatorship: loath it and consider it exploitation and assume she was always suffering and hating every minute of it, or looking at it as a testament of her strength and professionalism and admire her ability to still deliver even at the hardest times and create iconic moments even from a simple GMA announcement. 

She went out there and worked her *** to prove she was perfectly capable in every sense, and now we're meant to dismiss and ignore everything that she did and all the effort she put throughout all those years? I think that's very unfair for her. 

But you can also always ignore the anniversary threads if you're not comfortable with them :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, NoGlorySlander said:

@PokemonSpearsI appreciate all your hard work, but why we need these kinda anniversaries? We all know things now, this is not a celebration by any means. 

34 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

But you can also always ignore the anniversary threads if you're not comfortable with them :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Omfg not this… the girls are fighting 

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, it may not be a celebration for you, and we know that something might have been going on behind the scenes, but the truth is we don't know for sure what was exactly happening in this particular time and at the end of the day, this is just an announcement that marked more or less the beginning of the FF era promo, and it will be remembered just like the Desert Performance in 2013 or the release of the MM video in 2016, etc. As I always say, we have two options on how to look at what she did career wise during the conservatorship: loath it and consider it exploitation and assume she was always suffering and hating every minute of it, or looking at it as a testament of her strength and professionalism and admire her ability to still deliver even at the hardest times and create iconic moments even from a simple GMA announcement. 

She went out there and worked her *** to prove she was perfectly capable in every sense, and now we're meant to dismiss and ignore everything that she did and all the effort she put throughout all those years? I think that's very unfair for her. 

That's not the thing, as I said I do appreciate all your hard work putting all this together but she clearly was forced here there is no reason for knowing everything at all here she did not wanted to be there and her face is swelled up I don't think we need any BTS knowledge on this.

Ignoring the thread is another matter but pointing out is another, while I do understand your emotion here sure her career even inside conservatorship had amazing moments but this was clearly not one of those, and we all admire Britney's courage and strength as well as her hard work.