Jump to content

Love Story (Taylor's Version) Falls Short of Top 10


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not caring about charts when she released on Valentine’s Day week  anyways this is in reply to your reaction to my post or I wouldn’t have bothered. Taylor cares about charts 100%. Everything she does

It was never a four way #1 competition haha. Cardi rarely out peaks her first week.  But, I mean, getting a #11 debut with a song released 12 years ago is pretty impressive. Don't you think? 

Okay so First - I’m not a Taylor hater.    HOWEVER.    I think it’s so stupid that the re-recorded songs are able to chart as new songs. Make it make sense to me. I don’t care if it i

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I really thought she was just going to wake up one morning and release all the re-recorded albums within a week. If she’s going to play this out over the span of a year then it doesn’t feel real. She’s trying to make an era out of this... 

You mean five eras for five re-recordings :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Link to post

Well her fan base is rich enough to buy and stream the eff out of this and every single thing she puts out so of course the results are going to be impressive.

Having said that... I think what Taylor is doing (re-recording her first six albums) is commendable and an act of rebellion and love for art and hard work, and I'm here for that.

  • Love 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

I think what Taylor is doing (re-recording her first six albums) is commendable and an act of rebellion and love for art and hard work, and I'm here for that.

This. If Britney would do this and chart, everyone would be like "omg slay queen" and "yassss" but when Taylor does it, she's called greedy and charthungry.

I really dislike people can say stuff like that. It's purposely putting women in an awful position to me.

  • Love 3
Link to post
29 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

This. If Britney would do this and chart, everyone would be like "omg slay queen" and "yassss" but when Taylor does it, she's called greedy and charthungry.

I really dislike people can say stuff like that. It's purposely putting women in an awful position to me.

I think Taylor deserves all the success that she gets! Such a queen.

  • Love 1
Link to post
  • Twitter Team
2 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I really thought she was just going to wake up one morning and release all the re-recorded albums within a week. If she’s going to play this out over the span of a year then it doesn’t feel real. She’s trying to make an era out of this... 

It'd be a bit much to release them all within a week. So it makes sense to release them one at a time. We don't even know if she's finished her rerecordings yet. And she can't rerecord Reputation until 2022.

Link to post

She’s changing the industry . Cause I could imagine many artists doing this. I would assume rights to masters will be now in contracts ... like in some regard. 
 

also why would it not chart, if people bought a song or streamed a song it charts. Who cares when and how old it is. All I want for Christmas charts every year . I don’t think it should be awarded awards ... but I don’t see why it shouldn’t chart . Charts aren’t about new songs just what people are buying and listening to so the logic here makes no sense to me 

  • Like 1
Link to post
58 minutes ago, Intheblue said:

She’s changing the industry . Cause I could imagine many artists doing this. I would assume rights to masters will be now in contracts ... like in some regard. 
 

also why would it not chart, if people bought a song or streamed a song it charts. Who cares when and how old it is. All I want for Christmas charts every year . I don’t think it should be awarded awards ... but I don’t see why it shouldn’t chart . Charts aren’t about new songs just what people are buying and listening to so the logic here makes no sense to me 

exactly! and taylor is a streaming/ selling force.

Link to post

I love Taylor swift and I respect her for re-recording the songs.

With that in mind though, I am not very interested in re-recordings as hyped up songs on the charts. I always will prefer new material. Love story I’ve already heard a million times. I guess lots of new fans or young ppl wouldn’t? I mean, technically cover songs chart and old songs chart around Xmas time so I’m not mad. I’m just not excited. 

Link to post
11 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Swifties would think it’s fair if she released a Love Story (2022 version), Love Story (20 years later version), Love Story (Still a Love Story (Taylor and Olivia’s Version with backing meow vocals) and charted with each one. Ridiculousness :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

I AM DEAD AT THE BACKING MEOW VOCALS!! HAHAHA!

Link to post
14 hours ago, MX3 said:

I love Taylor swift and I respect her for re-recording the songs.

With that in mind though, I am not very interested in re-recordings as hyped up songs on the charts. I always will prefer new material. Love story I’ve already heard a million times. I guess lots of new fans or young ppl wouldn’t? I mean, technically cover songs chart and old songs chart around Xmas time so I’m not mad. I’m just not excited. 

yeah that sums the arguments up.

  • Haha 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block