Love Story (Taylor's Version) Falls Short of Top 10

MasterMindz

2 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I really thought she was just going to wake up one morning and release all the re-recorded albums within a week. If she’s going to play this out over the span of a year then it doesn’t feel real. She’s trying to make an era out of this... 

You mean five eras for five re-recordings :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Well her fan base is rich enough to buy and stream the eff out of this and every single thing she puts out so of course the results are going to be impressive.

Having said that... I think what Taylor is doing (re-recording her first six albums) is commendable and an act of rebellion and love for art and hard work, and I'm here for that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

I think what Taylor is doing (re-recording her first six albums) is commendable and an act of rebellion and love for art and hard work, and I'm here for that.

This. If Britney would do this and chart, everyone would be like "omg slay queen" and "yassss" but when Taylor does it, she's called greedy and charthungry.

I really dislike people can say stuff like that. It's purposely putting women in an awful position to me.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

This. If Britney would do this and chart, everyone would be like "omg slay queen" and "yassss" but when Taylor does it, she's called greedy and charthungry.

I really dislike people can say stuff like that. It's purposely putting women in an awful position to me.

I think Taylor deserves all the success that she gets! Such a queen.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I really thought she was just going to wake up one morning and release all the re-recorded albums within a week. If she’s going to play this out over the span of a year then it doesn’t feel real. She’s trying to make an era out of this... 

It'd be a bit much to release them all within a week. So it makes sense to release them one at a time. We don't even know if she's finished her rerecordings yet. And she can't rerecord Reputation until 2022.

She’s changing the industry . Cause I could imagine many artists doing this. I would assume rights to masters will be now in contracts ... like in some regard. 

also why would it not chart, if people bought a song or streamed a song it charts. Who cares when and how old it is. All I want for Christmas charts every year . I don’t think it should be awarded awards ... but I don’t see why it shouldn’t chart . Charts aren’t about new songs just what people are buying and listening to so the logic here makes no sense to me 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Intheblue said:

She’s changing the industry . Cause I could imagine many artists doing this. I would assume rights to masters will be now in contracts ... like in some regard. 

also why would it not chart, if people bought a song or streamed a song it charts. Who cares when and how old it is. All I want for Christmas charts every year . I don’t think it should be awarded awards ... but I don’t see why it shouldn’t chart . Charts aren’t about new songs just what people are buying and listening to so the logic here makes no sense to me 

exactly! and taylor is a streaming/ selling force.

I love Taylor swift and I respect her for re-recording the songs.

With that in mind though, I am not very interested in re-recordings as hyped up songs on the charts. I always will prefer new material. Love story I’ve already heard a million times. I guess lots of new fans or young ppl wouldn’t? I mean, technically cover songs chart and old songs chart around Xmas time so I’m not mad. I’m just not excited. 

11 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Swifties would think it’s fair if she released a Love Story (2022 version), Love Story (20 years later version), Love Story (Still a Love Story (Taylor and Olivia’s Version with backing meow vocals) and charted with each one. Ridiculousness :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

I AM DEAD AT THE BACKING MEOW VOCALS!! HAHAHA!

14 hours ago, MX3 said:

I love Taylor swift and I respect her for re-recording the songs.

With that in mind though, I am not very interested in re-recordings as hyped up songs on the charts. I always will prefer new material. Love story I’ve already heard a million times. I guess lots of new fans or young ppl wouldn’t? I mean, technically cover songs chart and old songs chart around Xmas time so I’m not mad. I’m just not excited. 

yeah that sums the arguments up.

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block