Love Story (Taylor's Version) Falls Short of Top 10

MasterMindz

The re-recorded Love Story debuts at #11 on the Billboard Hot 100, but breaks a record by debuting at #1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. 

Taylor is already the woman with most Hot 100 entries (129 entries), she may actually double that with the re-recordings!

According to Billboard staff, the song could have debuted higher, but the timing was off (with Cardi, Olivia, and the Weeknd hype). They also predict a big debut for You Belong With Me if released in the right time frame. 

In the UK, it debuted at #12.

Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9530248/taylor-swift-love-story-taylors-version-five-burning-questionstaylor-swift-is-releasing-her-first-rerecorded-si-2-11733-1613064724-14_dblbig.thumb.jpg.2c6ca72fbb2fe3cf96e0fa864e42cbec.jpg

Thoughts? I'm here for the success! 

Taylor Swift Hair Flip GIF by MOODMAN

• Love 2
  • Like 1

It's funny because iirc last week there was a topic here where someone said that this week there would be a 4-way fight for the #1 spot between Olivia's single, Ariana's single, Cardi's single, and Taylor's re-release single.

Meanwhile in reality Taylor's song couldn't even break into the Top 10 this week and Cardi's song fell 3 spots.

Madeon debunks 911 being a single: "I was just speculating, I have no clue"  - Page 5 - Gaga Thoughts - Gaga Daily

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Stefani said:

It's funny because iirc last week there was a topic here where someone said that this week there would be a 4-way fight for the #1 spot between Olivia's single, Ariana's single, Cardi's single, and Taylor's re-release single.

Meanwhile in reality Taylor's song couldn't even break into the Top 10 this week and Cardi's song fell 3 spots.

Madeon debunks 911 being a single: "I was just speculating, I have no clue"  - Page 5 - Gaga Thoughts - Gaga Daily

It was never a four way #1 competition haha. Cardi rarely out peaks her first week. 

But, I mean, getting a #11 debut with a song released 12 years ago is pretty impressive. Don't you think? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

Taylor rereleased an old song that kickstarted her career and even 12 years, it still charts.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, maki93 said:

It was never a four way #1 competition haha. Cardi rarely out peaks her first week. 

But, I mean, getting a #11 debut with a song released 12 years ago is pretty impressive. Don't you think? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Not when there is a whole media campaign around her re-recording the songs. Shouldn’t have charted as a new song. Beyoncé pays off the Grammy’s and Taylor pays off Billboard. The fact they don’t change rules around her is proof of that 

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not when there is a whole media campaign around her re-recording the songs. Shouldn’t have charted as a new song. Beyoncé pays off the Grammy’s and Taylor pays off Billboard. The fact they don’t change rules around her is proof of that 

I think that the song did very well, and honestly I enjoyed it. The whole reason for re-recordings is to get her rights back, they wouldn't chart as the same old version... 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, maki93 said:

I think that the song did very well, and honestly I enjoyed it. The whole reason for re-recordings is to get her rights back, they wouldn't chart as the same old version... 

Right. She does own these rights, but that should be enough for her since she already charted with the other songs. They shouldn’t chart period since it’s the same song just recorded with her current vocals. People shouldn’t get to keep charting singing the same song. She owns the songs now so let her collect earnings on them but not chart achievements 

• Like 2

Odd timing? No. Taylor doesn't care about the charts with these rerecordings for the 175829th time.

These are for her, to OWN her own voice and music. That's why she didn't care and released it around Superbowl Time. If she was really into getting a another #1, she would have promoted it too. But she didn't. Just a tweet here and there.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Odd timing? No. Taylor doesn't care about the charts with these rerecordings for the 175829th time.

These are for her, to OWN her own voice and music. That's why she didn't care and released it around Superbowl Time. If she was really into getting a another #1, she would have promoted it too. But she didn't. Just a tweet here and there.

Not caring about charts when she released on Valentine’s Day week :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: anyways this is in reply to your reaction to my post or I wouldn’t have bothered. Taylor cares about charts 100%. Everything she does revolves around charts. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not caring about charts when she released on Valentine’s Day week :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: anyways this is in reply to your reaction to my post or I wouldn’t have bothered. Taylor cares about charts 100%. Everything she does revolves around charts. 

Sure jan.

She barely even promoted her last 2 albums 😂. Just admit you can't stand her and you can't say one positive thing about her...I wonder what she has done to harm you this much.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

Okay so First - I’m not a Taylor hater. 

HOWEVER. 

I think it’s so stupid that the re-recorded songs are able to chart as new songs. Make it make sense to me. I don’t care if it is Taylor, Britney, or whoever. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

almost as dumb as billboard saying “oh hey, this artist had their song streamed for free that’s gonna count as a sale” :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Sure jan.

She barely even promoted her last 2 albums 😂. Just admit you can't stand her and you can't say one positive thing about her...I wonder what she has done to harm you this much.

Oh please if I couldn’t stand one positive thing about her I wouldn’t have spent so much money on her career. I’ve already stated my peace plenty of times and I don’t like the chart and money hungry person she’s become this pandemic. Pure greed tbh. It doesn’t make sense to keep arguing with someone who is so blinded by everything she does and she can do no wrong. I think everything falls in line perfectly for her when others get shafted by last minute rule changes. She gets away unscathed. 2020 made me realize all of that and I still bought copies of Folklore vinyl’s as gifts. You’re projecting and rather than attack my argument you’re just attacking me as a Taylor hater. That’s how I know I’m speaking facts. Don’t burn your tongue on that piping hot tea. If you wouldn’t keep reacting to my posts I would forget that you existed :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Oh please if I couldn’t stand one positive thing about her I wouldn’t have spent so much money on her career. I’ve already stated my peace plenty of times and I don’t like the chart and money hungry person she’s become this pandemic. Pure greed tbh. It doesn’t make sense to keep arguing with someone who is so blinded by everything she does and she can do no wrong. I think everything falls in line perfectly for her when others get shafted by last minute rule changes. She gets away unscathed. 2020 made me realize all of that and I still bought copies of Folklore vinyl’s as gifts. You’re projecting and rather than attack my argument you’re just attacking me as a Taylor hater. That’s how I know I’m speaking facts. Don’t burn your tongue on that piping hot tea. If you wouldn’t keep reacting to my posts I would forget that you existed :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

So you're a hater. At least now we all know.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Everyone cares about their charts, she will easily double her hot 100 entries by the end of this and put herself miles ahead of everyone else. That being said, I think any popular song should chart! Its sad, but its the streaming era..

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block