Taylor Swift countersues Evermore Theme Park

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Taylor Swift's management company is counter suing Evermore Theme Park. :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

Here's what went down:

Evermore a theme park in Utah. They filed suit against Taylor because they believe her album of the same name had a negative impact on their business by causing "confusion." 

It makes sense. Taylor's online presence is so immense that anything she names will take over SEO (search engine optimization, meaning it'll rank at the top of Google pretty much no matter what).

Swift's lawyers are calling the lawsuit "frivolous" and are even counter suing because they have evidence the Evermore theme park used Taylor's songs “Love Story,” “You Belong With Me,” and “Bad Blood” without a license. :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

In fact, music publishing company BMI alerted Evermore theme park of their infringement but their requests went unanswered. So now, Taylor's team is using this as ammunition and countersuing :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

The suit claims that Evermore “blatantly ignored the numerous notices from BMI and opted instead to continue to benefit from the free and unauthorized public performance of [the songs], despite actual knowledge of the liability and substantial penalties imposed by the Copyright Act to protect artists.”

Evermore's CEO actually tried to get a retroactive license in light of everything, but it appears it's too late. 

Taylor is coming for Evermore's wig. 

200.giftaylor-evermore-lawsuit.jpg.19310695f87d5c05cb62f711eb1bf9b4.jpg

• Haha 6
8 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

lmao why would there be confusion with google? If people dont know the name they woud Google "themepark in Utah" or something like that. If they want to know the opening hours they can just Google "Evermore Theme Park" how on earth would that be an issue? Good for her.  They were clearly just trying to capitalize from a lawsuit.

Sure, but same could be said for Taylor's side. Does it really hurt her if they blast "Love Story" on the ferris wheel? Probably not. If anything, it's free promo. But alas, this is not about being fair or just, it's about winning in court. 

• Like 2

This is why I hate Taylor Swift - bc this whole thing is so PETTY which describes her perfectly. I don't think the theme park should have sued her in the first place unless they trademarked Evermore (although I do admit that every time I see "Evermore" I think of the theme park first even if it's reference to Taylor's album). That seems a little crazy to me.

But then for Taylor's team to come back and sue them bc they used some of her songs? Everyone needs to get just over it. Taylor's always suing someone and calling people out. SHE needs to calm down.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block