Jump to content

Little Mix's Jesy opens up about her struggles with her weight


Recommended Posts

Jesy has been posting a lot about positivity and body positivity lately and i'm loving this. I'm loving hearing she's finally becoming comfortable in her own skin despite so much horrendous trolling she's received over the past 10 years and from being labelled as the 'fat ugly one' from Little Mix.

Jesy posted:

Quote

I just saw this picture pop up on my feed and it made me feel so sad. On the day this picture was taken, I remember going to the gym with my manager and I stood in the mirror and I said, ‘god I’m so fat I just want my legs to be like this’ and I pulled my skin around to try and create a thigh gap because I genuinely believed that being skinny would make me happier. And even when I got to a size 8 from starving myself, I still wasn’t happy. I mentally bullied myself everyday to try to please other people. It’s taken me 10 years to realise that I’m the only person I need to please. As humans we find it so easy to pay other people compliments but yet we find it so hard to be kind to ourselves because it’s so much easier to pick ourselves apart than to find the things we love about ourselves. So if you’re someone who is feeling like I was, please don’t waste years of you’re life seeking approval from others, seek approval from yourself. Be your number one fan. You are the one in control of your happiness and you are the only one of you in this world and that’s pretty ******* powerful! ❤️

rsz_eu_yp0-xuaoynru.jpg.e401e5a9edd4fdc11646da9f97b402ec.jpg

  • Love 5
  • Like 1

from the sky, drop like confetti ♫

Link to post
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesy has been posting a lot about positivity and body positivity lately and i'm loving this. I'm loving hearing she's finally becoming comfortable in her own skin despite so much horrendous trolling s

God, it's like ok I understand you but also I think she is taking it so far to justify her solo career. 

Thanks, I honestly like here but lately she’s pulling a Demi Lovato. Everytime they’ll release something, a new “struggle” comes out so they people feel sorry for them. Sorry not sorry!  

Posted Images

I appreciate her stepping away from little mix to deal with her mental health and taking a break from everything. But I’m confused because she’s posting about what she was being criticized for. that’s why I’m lost with her making music/returning to the spotlight because isn’t that going to hurt her own mental health!? Idk maybe I’m over thinking it because it’s seems like a negative is making a bigger negative. tenor.gif?itemid=15085490

  • Like 2
Link to post

She's followed by a lot of people who can feel the same, her experience can help and raise awareness on these issues.:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I think (hope) her motivations are sincere. She has nothing to sell (for now) for us to tell it's only for publicity. I'd even say it is coherent with the narrative she always had :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

  • Love 1
Link to post
12 hours ago, Borja said:

God, it's like ok I understand you but also I think she is taking it so far to justify her solo career. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Completely disagree. Bully’s have taken it to far for 10 years, day in and day out. Maybe she is using it to justify her upcoming solo career, and so she should. I can’t imagine receive that amount of abuse everyday and remaining positive. Good for her, she deserves to be happy.

  • Love 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+

She left again, cos being in a girl group,  her body was compared to the other mates, who were skinny, and the bullies, add the mainstream media obsession with perfection, and size 0 body only. It got to her, as a solo artist none of that matters. 

 

She knows their will be some comparisons,  but not like it was as a member of a girl group,  but like some people also suggest,  she probably left cos they went back to radio pop with Confetti and she promoted and was happy with the Hip hop and R&B leaning 2018's Platinum (UK) LM5, so a lot could have played, but Jesy seemed more comfortable being r&B girl. 

  • Love 1

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post

OK Slayer you're going to hate me for this but I've had enough with Jesy. That's not body positivity, and she's a hypocrite. I told you something in relation to this right after I watched her documentary: the bullying against her is/was real of course, but she's complaining and crying about it WHILE SHOWING TO THE WORLD exactly what made her (and others) sick in the first place. Look at her Instagram feed. Look at her music videos with LM. She looks absolutely flawless in each picture/video. You cannot complain about the pressures of being a popstar in the public eye and then show EXACTLY what everybody (and herself) expect from her. It doesn't make sense. She's basically being part of the problem by being just another perfect popstar (to some people from the GP she might not be "perfect" in comparison to her other LM peers but she surely presents herself like that).

And this is not a body positivity post because she's still not showing her true self: whatever her weight is right now, without make up or even fancy clothes. Just the real Jesy.

So she's pretty much the new Demi: she's making this not a personal struggle but her forever selling point as a public persona. THAT is sad, because people will always be hateful, there's always and will always be people like that. She and no one will ever change that. So she needs to stop crying and learn how to cope with that. For once. If the pressure on her for being a popstar is bigger than on any regular person, it's also true that she's more privileged than the average guy or girl: she's hot all the resources in the world to fight this. So if she can't get out of this, it's because she doesn't want to, not because she's not able. Each person has their own battle in this world. This is hers.

Honestly? I still believe she's the most talented and charismatic (especially vocally) from the girls, but thank goodness she left the band. It must have been so toxic for the others, she was just starting to pull them all down with her.

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
12 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

OK Slayer you're going to hate me for this but I've had enough with Jesy. That's not body positivity, and she's a hypocrite. I told you something in relation to this right after I watched her documentary: the bullying against her is/was real of course, but she's complaining and crying about it WHILE SHOWING TO THE WORLD exactly what made her (and others) sick in the first place. Look at her Instagram feed. Look at her music videos with LM. She looks absolutely flawless in each picture/video. You cannot complain about the pressures of being a popstar in the public eye and then show EXACTLY what everybody (and herself) expect from her. It doesn't make sense. She's basically being part of the problem by being just another perfect popstar (to some people from the GP she might not be "perfect" in comparison to her other LM peers but she surely presents herself like that).

And this is not a body positivity post because she's still not showing her true self: whatever her weight is right now, without make up or even fancy clothes. Just the real Jesy.

So she's pretty much the new Demi: she's making this not a personal struggle but her forever selling point as a public persona. THAT is sad, because people will always be hateful, there's always and will always be people like that. She and no one will ever change that. So she needs to stop crying and learn how to cope with that. For once. If the pressure on her for being a popstar is bigger than on any regular person, it's also true that she's more privileged than the average guy or girl: she's hot all the resources in the world to fight this. So if she can't get out of this, it's because she doesn't want to, not because she's not able. Each person has their own battle in this world. This is hers.

Honestly? I still believe she's the most talented and charismatic (especially vocally) from the girls, but thank goodness she left the band. It must have been so toxic for the others, she was just starting to pull them all down with her.

:umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

  • Love 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+
14 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

OK Slayer you're going to hate me for this but I've had enough with Jesy. That's not body positivity, and she's a hypocrite. I told you something in relation to this right after I watched her documentary: the bullying against her is/was real of course, but she's complaining and crying about it WHILE SHOWING TO THE WORLD exactly what made her (and others) sick in the first place. Look at her Instagram feed. Look at her music videos with LM. She looks absolutely flawless in each picture/video. You cannot complain about the pressures of being a popstar in the public eye and then show EXACTLY what everybody (and herself) expect from her. It doesn't make sense. She's basically being part of the problem by being just another perfect popstar (to some people from the GP she might not be "perfect" in comparison to her other LM peers but she surely presents herself like that).

And this is not a body positivity post because she's still not showing her true self: whatever her weight is right now, without make up or even fancy clothes. Just the real Jesy.

So she's pretty much the new Demi: she's making this not a personal struggle but her forever selling point as a public persona. THAT is sad, because people will always be hateful, there's always and will always be people like that. She and no one will ever change that. So she needs to stop crying and learn how to cope with that. For once. If the pressure on her for being a popstar is bigger than on any regular person, it's also true that she's more privileged than the average guy or girl: she's hot all the resources in the world to fight this. So if she can't get out of this, it's because she doesn't want to, not because she's not able. Each person has their own battle in this world. This is hers.

Honestly? I still believe she's the most talented and charismatic (especially vocally) from the girls, but thank goodness she left the band. It must have been so toxic for the others, she was just starting to pull them all down with her.

:lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Link to post
17 hours ago, Slayer said:

Jesy has been posting a lot about positivity and body positivity lately and i'm loving this. I'm loving hearing she's finally becoming comfortable in her own skin despite so much horrendous trolling she's received over the past 10 years and from being labelled as the 'fat ugly one' from Little Mix.

Jesy posted:

rsz_eu_yp0-xuaoynru.jpg.e401e5a9edd4fdc11646da9f97b402ec.jpg

Is disgusting how people force you to have a shape that you can’t reach, just because it’s “the standard”. Who wants to be a standard like a product from a factory? 
 

I had to fight with anorexia and bulimia because people made me think that without a thin shape I won’t have friends or a couple, which actually is a lie. I actually still surrounded by that standards, specially in the gay community, where it seems that beauty diversity is still late... But I learned to love myself, even if some people critizice my body or ask for something that that can’t give back in the *** apps.

People like Jesy is important for people to learn to love theme selves and prove that a diversity is possible.

  • Love 1
Link to post
35 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

OK Slayer you're going to hate me for this but I've had enough with Jesy. That's not body positivity, and she's a hypocrite. I told you something in relation to this right after I watched her documentary: the bullying against her is/was real of course, but she's complaining and crying about it WHILE SHOWING TO THE WORLD exactly what made her (and others) sick in the first place. Look at her Instagram feed. Look at her music videos with LM. She looks absolutely flawless in each picture/video. You cannot complain about the pressures of being a popstar in the public eye and then show EXACTLY what everybody (and herself) expect from her. It doesn't make sense. She's basically being part of the problem by being just another perfect popstar (to some people from the GP she might not be "perfect" in comparison to her other LM peers but she surely presents herself like that).

And this is not a body positivity post because she's still not showing her true self: whatever her weight is right now, without make up or even fancy clothes. Just the real Jesy.

So she's pretty much the new Demi: she's making this not a personal struggle but her forever selling point as a public persona. THAT is sad, because people will always be hateful, there's always and will always be people like that. She and no one will ever change that. So she needs to stop crying and learn how to cope with that. For once. If the pressure on her for being a popstar is bigger than on any regular person, it's also true that she's more privileged than the average guy or girl: she's hot all the resources in the world to fight this. So if she can't get out of this, it's because she doesn't want to, not because she's not able. Each person has their own battle in this world. This is hers.

Honestly? I still believe she's the most talented and charismatic (especially vocally) from the girls, but thank goodness she left the band. It must have been so toxic for the others, she was just starting to pull them all down with her.

I respect your opinion but this just shows you're not a long time fan and you did not witness the INSANE amount of hate she got for how she looked.

It took her YEARS to finally open up about everything and her suicide attempt.

She discussed in her documentary that she doesn't know why she posts pictures for other people's approval.

Let her live her life.

She is in no way like Demi, she's only ever tried to spread awareness. Especially with her documentary which has made SUCH a massive impact in the UK and is played in schools and has won awards.

She's said time and time again she feels the pressure of being compared to the other girls - she should not stop her dream. Imagine the amount of times she had to compromise with other people, let her do what she wants on her own terms.

If you don't support her fair enough but I think it is disgusting for someone who hasn't been a fan long to act like they know her and claim she is like a 'Demi'. I've literally NEVER saw someone be attacked as much as Jesy has, if you thought Britney's instagram comments were bad they were nothing compared to what Jesy got.

Jesy speaking up does nothing but spread awareness and let people know they are not alone.

The thing is you might think she looks flawless but she NEVER does.

I think she did the right thing leaving to focus on herself and she shouldn't be bashed for how she feels and for trying to make people feel better about themselves.

Girls wear make up/nice clothes to make themselves feel better - that's why lots of people post lots of pictures. Let her be.

We'll agree to disagree. I'm too busy to write a proper response so i'll just leave it at that.

  • Love 1

from the sky, drop like confetti ♫

Link to post
1 hour ago, AndyFoster said:

Completely disagree. Bully’s have taken it to far for 10 years, day in and day out. Maybe she is using it to justify her upcoming solo career, and so she should. I can’t imagine receive that amount of abuse everyday and remaining positive. Good for her, she deserves to be happy.

 

15 minutes ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

Is disgusting how people force you to have a shape that you can’t reach, just because it’s “the standard”. Who wants to be a standard like a product from a factory? 
 

I had to fight with anorexia and bulimia because people made me think that without a thin shape I won’t have friends or a couple, which actually is a lie. I actually still surrounded by that standards, specially in the gay community, where it seems that beauty diversity is still late... But I learned to love myself, even if some people critizice my body or ask for something that that can’t give back in the *** apps.

People like Jesy is important for people to learn to love theme selves and prove that a diversity is possible.

 

27 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I feel really bad for her since it seems she is always in one struggle to another. Hope she finds peace :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

 

3 hours ago, FrenchToast said:

She's followed by a lot of people who can feel the same, her experience can help and raise awareness on these issues.:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I think (hope) her motivations are sincere. She has nothing to sell (for now) for us to tell it's only for publicity. I'd even say it is coherent with the narrative she always had :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

All of this :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

  • Love 2

from the sky, drop like confetti ♫

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block