Unpopular Opinion: Christina deserved the Best New Artist award over Britney at the 2000 Grammy Awards.

40 minutes ago, Newrie said:

You must be tone-deaf. 1.17 is too funny. The soldiers looks like they are being tortured Another screaming compilation

Her “music” was actually used for torturing.! Christina Aguilera’s music was used for torturing prisoners at Guantanamo.

And so did Britney's music.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/guantanamo-interrogators-torture-inmates-with-britney-spears-6532625

Stop with those flop arguments.:fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: Doesnt 'prove' her music is actually bad. Its probably fake news anyway

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Newrie said:

I agree so much with whoever made this video Christina Aguilera only screams, live compilation

Thread on Lipstick Alley from someone who understands music and singing. I so agree with this person. It is only because Christina is white she is so overrated. The bar is so low. If she had not been white, no one would ever had said that she can sing. 
This is supposedly the “voice of her generation.” She is a HORRIBLE vocalist. I have never heard such horrible technique. She didn’t even make it 10 years before her voice (and overall talent) went to ****. She really is worthless and pathetic.

This is what happens when you let these pseudo soul singers aka yt women come to the cookout. She spent so much of her being a culture biting opportunist, stealing ALL her vocal inflections and runs from Black women…and she can’t even do the **** now. How dreadful.

***** did not make it 10 years. I wonder if that’s why she’s relegated to Vegas cabaret act WHILE The Queen Mary J. is getting oscar nominations and successfully transitioning over to Hollywood MOVIE icon.

Let’s talk about it.” /thread from Lipstick Alley. 
Lipstick Alley thread

👆 Link up There.

and yet she actually sounds better now in some songs then she did in the past..

I love when people who think that Britney sounds great singing happy birthday or that cover she did in Vegas think that Christina cant sing lmao. you can insult her for being fat and being a lackluster performer since 2010 but she can still outsing most people in the industry.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, AreYouReady said:

And so did Britney's music.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/guantanamo-interrogators-torture-inmates-with-britney-spears-6532625

Stop with those flop arguments.:fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: Doesnt 'prove' her music is actually bad. Its probably fake news anyway

I have always heard that she has an ugly voice and that she is just screaming. I have always thought she is overrated because she is white and it is some kind of Elvis syndrome of people thought that she “sounded black” or something (and she claims to sing “soul”) and got a pass because the other blond pop stars were singing pure pop while CA were more about cultural appropriation. The thing is, she is nothing compared to any actual soul singer. There are a lot of female vocalists with powerful voices that produce actual music that moves you. When you listen to CA (funny that her initials are the initials of Cultural Appropriation), what do you FEEL? So far you are still just bringing one argument which is like “she has a good technique”. Which she actually has not, but music is not about technique, it is just a tool for something else that has to exist first; a musical gift, creativity and sensitivity so that the singer can move emotions in other people. 

2 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

and yet she actually sounds better now in some songs then she did in the past..

I love when people who think that Britney sounds great singing happy birthday or that cover she did in Vegas think that Christina cant sing lmao. you can insult her for being fat and being a lackluster performer since 2010 but she can still outsing most people in the industry.

Haven’t mentioned her weight. Why are you adding made up arguments to argue against? My argument about Britney being a better ARTIST is not this stupid, technical comparison that some of you do. You really have nothing else to bring than that, proving it again and again. 

4 minutes ago, Newrie said:

what do you FEEL? So far you are still just bringing one argument which is like “she has a good technique”. Which she actually has not

Me? Im not bringing up any arguments, im just saying that you're  arguments are lame, based on nothing. Cause they did the torture thing with Britney's music as well. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: So there goes your torture argument.

Just now, Newrie said:

Haven’t mentioned her weight. Why are you adding made up arguments to argue against? My argument about Britney being a better ARTIST is not this stupid, technical comparison that some of you do. You really have nothing else to bring than that, proving it again and again. 

what? my comment was regarding you saying that she cant sing. "Christina is white she is so overrated. The bar is so low. If she had not been white, no one would ever had said that she can sing" I said that calling her fat is moe true than calling her a bad singer... I never said that you called her fat. Can you not read?

Just now, AreYouReady said:

Me? Im not bringing up any argument, im just saying that you're arguments are lame based on nothing, cause they did the torture thing with Britney's music as well. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: So there goes your torture argument.

That was an example. My argument is not that and you don’t even have one yourself, you are the lame one. You just have to jump into the discussion and defend this overrated screamer but you don’t answer to what I have written. What is it that you love about Christina’s “music”? What do you feel when listening to it? I don’t mean literally reading the lyrics, I talk about being overtaken with feelings when listening to her. Does that happen? Is it literally “music to your ears” listening to her growling away? Would you sit and relax with your eyes closed and enjoy it, or do you also turn it off because it is torture to endure? sassy sharon stone GIF by The Disaster Artist

4 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

what? my comment was regarding you saying that she cant sing. "Christina is white she is so overrated. The bar is so low. If she had not been white, no one would ever had said that she can sing" I said that calling her fat is moe true than calling her a bad singer... I never said that you called her fat. Can you not read?

Apparently you can’t write. 

38 minutes ago, Newrie said:

That was an example. My argument is not that and you don’t even have one yourself, you are the lame one. You just have to jump into the discussion and defend this overrated screamer but you don’t answer to what I have written. What is it that you love about Christina’s “music”? What do you feel when listening to it? I don’t mean literally reading the lyrics, I talk about being overtaken with feelings when listening to her. Does that happen? Is it literally “music to your ears” listening to her growling away? Would you sit and relax with your eyes closed and enjoy it, or do you also turn it off because it is torture to endure? sassy sharon stone GIF by The Disaster Artist

Edit: never mind. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Newrie said:

You must be tone-deaf. 1.17 is too funny. The soldiers looks like they are being tortured Another screaming compilation

Her “music” was actually used for torturing.! Christina Aguilera’s music was used for torturing prisoners at Guantanamo.

Having a powerful voice does not make anyone a better singer. Like Dolly Parton is also a musical genius, just as much as Courtney Love is. She is actually more of a genius since she have written so many amazing songs. If you just scream and strain your voice, does not actually transfer any emotions that moves people and brings them to another sphere/world, it isn’t actually music. Everyone who “defends” Christina as a musician in this thread are trying to justify it as something objective but none of you are saying that she has moved you in any way, and that is the only reason singers get a God-like status. 

You're right, having a louder voice doesn't make you a better singer.  In addition to having a more powerful voice than our faves, Christina also has a much wider vocal range, sings in tune and on key, and generally sings live and sounds great.

In comparison to Britney, our fave has a much weaker voice, a very limited range, and has very few live singing performances, and those are generally quite awful.

Britney herself described her voice as just "Ok" and publicly stated she "wishes she had a voice like Christina".

Christina is clearly the better vocalist, and its not even close. Saying otherwise is downright delusional:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

1 hour ago, mythology said:

You're right, having a louder voice doesn't make you a better singer.  In addition to having a more powerful voice than our faves, Christina also has a much wider vocal range, sings in tune and on key, and generally sings live and sounds great.

In comparison to Britney, our fave has a much weaker voice, a very limited range, and has very few live singing performances, and those are generally quite awful.

Britney herself described her voice as just "Ok" and publicly stated she "wishes she had a voice like Christina".

Christina is clearly the better vocalist, and its not even close. Saying otherwise is downright delusional:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

I am not even talking about BRITNEY’s range because it is irrelevant, the topic of the post was who deserved a Grammy the most, not who’s voice has the biggest range. I have said over and over that what matters is how the artist move the receptor, the listener, the receiver, the viewer. And that your ONLY argument is that “Christina has a bigger range”. Which is totally irrelevant to music and art, Bob Dylan has been a part of so many people’s and other musicians’s lives, he is an iconic poet and artist and how big is his range?! A random guy who got accepted to the local church choir because of his range is NOT even near Bob Dylan, let alone a better artist than him. 
You guys are so repetitive, you just confirmed what I have had to write over and over; none of you speak of how you feel when listen to ms. Cultural Appropriation screaming with her downright ugly Kermit voice. It is just “her range, her range, her range”. Yeah, she has range, an ugly tone, a charisma that is dead inside and doesn’t touch your heart or sweeps you away to a different world, oh no, you are there and the only thing you can think about while listening to the tortured hedgehog is “she has a bigger range than Britney”. 
Ashley Olsen Reaction GIF by Filmeditor

Best New Artist is not about who has the best vocals (there are specific vocal categories, like best pop solo performance). Best New Artist is more about the body of work the artist has made and its cultural impact, not only vocal performances. Actually, Macklemore and Chance the Rapper are not even singers and both won Best New Artist.

I believe the reason Britney didn't won was because she was too much successful and Grammy used to like to go against "mainstream" trying looking superior then the mass. Yeah, Grammy changed 100% in that field, making me believe in 2021 Britney would have won not just Best New Artist, but also one another big4 category, maybe even Album Of The Year (look at Billie Eilish) given the impact BOMT had.

And lets just not forget Christina also beated Macy Gray. Even if all that matters is vocals, I think here it is another reason why she didn't deserved that grammy.

And my final reason: Christina sucks lol. I just find her so boring and her sound is basic af. And she also have a nasty personality. She was always the villain and Britney the princess. Why in hell would you give the villain the victory lol.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, alienatedNey said:

Who cares. The Best New Artist award’s curse is real though.. i mean.. look at how Xtina’s career went downhill afterwards :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts::pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Maroon 5, Carrie Underwood, Amy Winehouse, Adele all won Best New Artist and look where they are now... I believe Christina's problem is about not producing a consistent body of work than a curse. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

2 hours ago, AreYouReady said:

Edit: never mind. You are right.

but you do have to admit it that wasnt a good argument example.:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I admit that yes, apparently Britney’s music was also used for torture. It wasn’t my main point, just an example but okay, not a good example.

23 minutes ago, mono-yuumi said:

Best New Artist is not about who has the best vocals (there are specific vocal categories, like best pop solo performance). Best New Artist is more about the body of work the artist has made and it's cultural impact, not only vocal performances. Actually, Macklemore and Chance the Rapper are not even singers and both won Best New Artist.

I believe the reason Britney didn't won was because she was too much successful and Grammy used to like to go against "mainstream" trying looking superior then the mass. Yeah, Grammy changed 100% in that field, making me believe in 2021 Britney would have won not just Best New Artist, but also one another big4 category, maybe even Album Of The Year (look at Billie Eilish) given the impact BOMT had.

And lets just not forget Christina also beated Macy Gray. Even if all that matters is vocals, I think here it is another reason why she didn't deserved that grammy.

And my final reason: Christina sucks lol. I just find her so boring and her sound is basic af. And she also have a nasty personality. She was always the villain and Britney the princess. Why in hell would you give the villain the victory lol.

I think this is it. And yes, Macy Grey is extraordinary. I think it was racist and unfair how a white screamer like Aguilera has gotten praise like if she would be on the same vocalist level as Godesses like Whitney Houston. And how she could be chosen over someone like Macy Grey, when the latter is Sooo much more of an artist and songwriter. And unique! It is like with Justin Timberlake. If you compare him to I don’t know Usher or a Michael Jackson, it is clear that because he is white he can be on a much lower level while getting praised even more. Justin is not that talented but people are fawning over him too. Like, wooow, a white guy remotely can barely sing (? Or? I am not sure) and make some kind of pop music at all. That is amazing. 

48 minutes ago, Newrie said:

I think this is it. And yes, Macy Grey is extraordinary. I think it was racist and unfair how a white screamer like Aguilera has gotten praise like if she would be on the same vocalist level as Godesses like Whitney Houston. And how she could be chosen over someone like Macy Grey, when the latter is Sooo much more of an artist and songwriter. And unique! It is like with Justin Timberlake. If you compare him to I don’t know Usher or a Michael Jackson, it is clear that because he is white he can be on a much lower level while getting praised even more. Justin is not that talented but people are fawning over him too. Like, wooow, a white guy remotely can barely sing (? Or? I am not sure) and make some kind of pop music at all. That is amazing. 

I agree with you 100%. Racism is not a thing. Is THE thing.

I see Beyonce being the maximum example of racism in this industry. She has 24 grammy awards, and only ONE is from the big4 categories (song of the year, which is not that big of a deal). It's like if the academy was saying "beyonce is great! she's just too black to gain some actual protagonism".

And yeah, I don't even waste my time discussing if Aguilera is a good or bad singer. All I know is that in any church or music school you walk in the world you will find great singers. And I know for sure she is not the best singer in the world. She probably isn't on the top 5000 singers of the world if you stop to think that the world has 7 billion people. IMO she was not the best singer between the nominees even (as I said, Macy Gray >>>>). What really distinguish an artist from a vocalist is actually creating art. On YouTube you'll find explendid vocalists covering all the songs we can imagine, and better vocally than any mainstream artist we know.