Unpopular Opinion: Christina deserved the Best New Artist award over Britney at the 2000 Grammy Awards.

49 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

By 'raw musical talent' you mean voice range? Because this is the only thing where Christina wins in terms of musical talents.

Exactly!! This is what I am saying. People that claim Christina is more talented or a better singer/artist can only name this. She screams louder and wails around. But, I have heard Britney sing OFF stage, on recordings when doing makeup, being with her friends and that. And her voice is super beautiful and actually she does seem to have a much bigger range than what she shows. She also is about music and performance as art, she is not up there to audition for “biggest range award”. 

6 minutes ago, Newrie said:

No, you are wrong. Objectively. 
this artist is a mega star 👇Britney live Sometimes This voice is actually gold because her tone is so unique. No one sings like Britney. That is exactly what a singer need. Dolly Parton also has a unique voice and so did Janis Joplin and Whitney Houston. It is just not about “the visual”, it is everything! 

Compare with this lack of charisma and ear-torture; 👇

Genie in a bottle live

This voice is NOT better than Britney’s. And as an “artist” she looks like a local “talent” on a mall from the local high school, one of those that dream but lack the charisma and also the ability to move people’s feelings with music. She tries really hard but she radiates nothing. Sorry.

"Objectively" doesn't exist, depends of the personal tastes.

I wans't say that Britney have bad voice or only the visual. That are not my words.

Just now, descg said:

"Objectively" doesn't exist, depends of the personal tastes.

I wans't say that Britney have bad voice or only the visual. That are not my words.

Well it does. Objectively Whitney Houston is a better artist than One Direction. Even if someone would disagree. 

Just now, Newrie said:

Well it does. Objectively Whitney Houston is a better artist than One Direction. Even if someone would disagree. 

WTF What a comparation...

Objectively Christina catalog its more diverse and her image was changed all the time and was more chamaleon and for some people its better artist.

But a don't wanna continues to Britney vs Xtina conversation, i like both, its to boring and simple, and this is a Britney forum.

5 hours ago, BryanJames said:

Never singing your own song live as a singer is like throwing it under the bus imo. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: 

You think they would want her to sing live in a tone that is already challenging enough to sing with multiple vocal takes? They learned how that worked out towards the Britney era when they realized how she would sound with that voice live if she was dancing at the same time in the ...Baby One More Time and Oops!.. era. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: 

By this logic, Soda Pop is her fave song, as all renditions of it were live. Everytime who? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Angel 1 said:

I am sorry but Christina isn’t a Britney clone . Stripped, B2b and the rest of her albums sound nothing like Britney’s at all . The Grammys are about talent that’s why Britney didn’t win that Grammy for best new artist. 

We're talking about strictly her first album, her label wanted her to be the next Britney with that album. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

@Blackout2006, has @exposingmediocrity made her Oops!...I Did It Again moment? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I am sorry but Christina isn’t a Britney clone . Stripped, B2b and the rest of her albums sound nothing like Britney’s at all . The Grammys are about talent that’s why Britney didn’t win that Grammy for best new artist. 

It amazes me when ppl use the word TALENT when they mean they have a better voice. TALENT can be at many things u know? At dancing, at making cakes, at drawing.

Britney has way more "talents" than christina even if she doesnt sing as good. Thats why she developed a career christina did NOT. Its not a casual thing or an error. She had what it took to be the icon of a whole generation. And she was the BEST NEW ARTIST in the actual real world even if she didnt get that award so..

I dont get why so many of u asociate "best new artist" with singing better lolthat should be called "best new voice"

• Haha 1
  • Like 6
10 minutes ago, BritneyLover said:

It amazes me when ppl use the word TALENT when they mean they have a better voice. TALENT can be at many things u know? At dancing, at making cakes, at drawing.

Britney has way more "talents" than christina even if she doesnt sing as good. Thats why she developed a career christina did NOT. Its not a casual thing or an error. She had what it took to be the icon of a whole generation. And she was the BEST NEW ARTIST in the actual real world even if she didnt get that award so..

I dont get why so many of u asociate "best new artist" with singing better lolthat should be called "best new voice"

So...like...I love you! 

16 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

You think they would want her to sing live in a tone that is already challenging enough to sing with multiple vocal takes? They learned how that worked out towards the Britney era when they realized how she would sound with that voice live if she was dancing at the same time in the ...Baby One More Time and Oops!.. era. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: 

By this logic, Soda Pop is her fave song, as all renditions of it were live. Everytime who? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

I think she has a lot of songs she could sing live decently. If she sings naturally  and not with the forced baby voice. You could also rearrange the songs like lower the tone so the song is more in her natural range. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: 

So I think the issue is not her being unable to sing live but she just lost the faith in her "real voice".

BTW she did sing Everytime live during the Onyx Hotel Tour and Soda Pop is a bop. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Love 2
10 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Even with only one single out, it was clear Christina had a brilliant voice one that already put her into a league of her own. 

At the time, Britney was way more loved and supported and of course she had way more commercial success, but I feel like her success was viewed as a phase or a trend and ... Baby One More Time was seen as another catchy pop song. 

So even though if this was awarded today, I’d 100% choose Britney, for back then, I feel like Christina deserved it more. 

What do you guys think? 

BnC.thumb.JPG.02a7671688cb30148cee6638ffe32b3a.JPG

By the time of that performance, BOMT, Sometimes and (You Drive Me Crazy) were all worldwide hits. 

And if Britney was a trend, what would Christina be? Her management forced her to emulate Britney. If Britney was a trend, Christina was merely an instagram post of that trend.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

The Grammys are about who wants to buy the awards and the opinions of an old and tired committee.

How are the sounds of Stripped, B2B, etc at all relevant when the Grammy Awards were talking about was held before those even came out?

• Love 1
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, BryanJames said:

BTW she did sing Everytime live during the Onyx Hotel Tour

It depended on the date, some days were live, other days she lip-synced the song. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

8 minutes ago, BryanJames said:

Soda Pop is a bop

Oh agreed. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

8 minutes ago, BryanJames said:

I think she has a lot of songs she could sing live decently. If she sings naturally  and not with the forced baby voice. You could also rearrange the songs like lower the tone so the song is more in her natural range. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: 

I mean yeah but the voice gave her 2 Diamond albums (Although ...Baby One More Time can probably be considered "half pop music tone", "half regular tone"), Jive weren't going to just let her stop. 

Overall I agree with your post, though. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

11 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

I think Christina's first album is pretty basic one, tbh... so, it was a little incomprehensible to me why she won with that type of album.

I believe marketing had played a big role... unlike Britney, Xtina was marketed as a more serious artist.

Totally. Her first album was so bland and the impact Britney had was incomparable. 

6 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Xtinas early career was nothing but an off-brand Britney spinoff designed to cash in on the trends other artists were setting, mainly Britney. Sure, the girl can sing and she has carved out her own identity over the years, but to think that she brought any genuine artistry to the table in the early years is laughable :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

Exactly, her image was manufactured to be Britneys competition, which is why its so sad she won for "best new artist"

• Love 1
  • Like 2