This Day in Pop: Madonna's album Ray Of Light is released

The Greatest Pop Record of All Time :kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing: For personal records, people usually take slow Rn'B or ambient music to make their records but Madonna being Madonna, took electronica, house, techno and trance...these 4 genres solely known for dancing and upbeat music to create such a risky, mysterious, euphoric and ethereal record. I often find myself being too defensive on this record when someone trashes it, but that is because it was a beam of light to my recovery from the worst year of my life. The title track (Ray Of Light) and Someday (I Will Understand) were songs that really were what helped me during tough times, and that is why I respect this album so much :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: I really wish Madonna would dodge all the politics, dramas, scandals, instagram and just....go back to making music like this. Music that made her the queen of pop. I feel so proud to own the vinyl of this gorgeous record :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

EDIT: My favorite tracks from the album is a strong tie between Drowned World and Sky Fits Heaven :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• Love 6
  • Haha 1

It also won Best pop vocal album..

Unfortunately the vocals on this album, led to natural slow decline in her vocals, as she pushed herself a lot vocally..

To be a woman turning 40, right when teen pop was taking its place.

The Japan exclusive bonus track Has to be, is also very haunting,  and one of Rupaul's queens said this album, helped her not commit suicide at all.

She even said everybody wants someone to do this album as well as Madonna,  it's a one time deal, Even Madonna's life moved on from this era, and she would continue this sound until 2008's Hard Candy. She would go back to it on 2012's MDNA, but this time everybody was doing electronic music.

Though the William orbit track's proved to the critics that Madonna and William still got it. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It also won Best pop vocal album..

Unfortunately the vocals on this album, led to natural slow decline in her vocals, as she pushed herself a lot vocally..

To be a woman turning 40, right when teen pop was taking its place.

The Japan exclusive bonus track Has to be, is also very haunting,  and one of Rupaul's queens said this album, helped her not commit suicide at all.

She even said everybody wants someone to do this album as well as Madonna,  it's a one time deal, Even Madonna's life moved on from this era, and she would continue this sound until 2008's Hard Candy. She would go back to it on 2012's MDNA, but this time everybody was doing electronic music.

Though the William orbit track's proved to the critics that Madonna and William still got it. 

Falling Free and Masterpiece were definitely long lost children of the Ray Of Light album.

• Love 3

amazing post and amazing photos.

I remeber it so vividly in primary school. suddenly many girls tryed henna in their hair and on their hands.

and always had it in the back of my mind as march release

skin, Sky fits Heaven, Mer Girl, The Power of Good-Bye ,Little Star & Drowned World / Substitute for Love (and all the others )

and has to be would be my faves.

also listen to the unreleased Liquid Love (and cyber raga, a b side of the dont tell me single; and obvl bedtime story.). COAD and spotlight are my other faves of her. obvl. true blue,  like a virgin, music, like a prayer, erotica, american life and madonna are also on top for me.

5 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block