Britney was extremely upset at the Domination announcement

3 hours ago, I love Britney said:

I would think After 13 years there would be more damage than being upset. 

Well yes, what I still can't explain is precisely why after being under that situation for 10 years, suddenly something triggered her in 2018, like, what changed, if at least from our view everything seemed the same in her situation. 

Now, I don't remember what month was it when Andrew Wallet requested a rise, that's another thing.

And I also remember other things such as, the Prerogative ad that never happened, they shot an entire thing, we got a million teasers, but nothing ever came up. Did any of those teasers was ever used for tv or something? I even remember a post where she said something like she had to edit it herself cause it was taking forever (whoever wrote that post) so something was definitely going on that year, but what was it

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well yes, what I still can't explain is precisely why after being under that situation for 10 years, suddenly something triggered her in 2018, like, what changed, if at least from our view everything seemed the same in her situation. 

Now, I don't remember what month was it when Andrew Wallet requested a rise, that's another thing.

And I also remember other things such as, the Prerogative ad that never happened, they shot an entire thing, we got a million teasers, but nothing ever came up. Did any of those teasers was ever used for tv or something? I even remember a post where she said something like she had to edit it herself cause it was taking forever (whoever wrote that post) so something was definitely going on that year, but what was it

The prerogative commercial came out a while ago love :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

The prerogative commercial came out a while ago love :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

yeah, we got this long clip that said

I’m so excited for you all to see the different personas of #MyPrerogative... and I had to put together my own personal edit of the video footage! Here’s a little taste... more coming soon...

This was in October, 3 months after the first teaser.

After that we just kept getting those 7 - 11 sec clips with the other outfits. I don't know, but that's pretty weird for a campaign. All those clips felt more like teasers than actual ads. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

My gut tells me the NYT made a mistake and there was never a performance planned. 

5 minutes ago, Marcanthony said:

Yeah i think one of the fans featured in the segment might have told this news because it was never confirmed she would perform else we would have had a Desert meltdown pt 2 here:nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

One would hope that the NY Times would have higher journalistic standards than that.

However, I've seen them make a massive boo-boo on another other story that appeared in print, and Tweeted the journalist about it only to have him admit his mistake over Twitter...so ya, it is possible they made a mistake and it made its way into the final edit.

I still find it hard to believe it was a boo-boo, though...I tend to think it was originally meant to be a performance...But maybe only in the concept stage?

Just now, Steel Magnolia said:

One would hope that the NY Times would have higher journalistic standards than that.

However, I've seen them make a massive boo-boo on another other story that appeared in print, and Tweeted the journalist about it only to have him admit his mistake over Twitter...so ya, it is possible they made a mistake and it made its way into the final edit.

I still find it hard to believe it was a boo-boo, though...I tend to think it was originally meant to be a performance...But maybe only in the concept stage?

What other story?

NYT doc was a good one but i agree it didn't look very professional in a way.  The trailer made it look like it would talk about the conservatorship which it did but it mostly talked about the misogyny in the society in the 2000s and how media treated her. They are two different topics. Justin apologizing to Britney wouldn't affect conservatorship abuse. The problem is everyone has signed a bond so it's hard to make someone even talk.

What FX did right was it didn't glamorize this "movie" like a suspense/thriller genre. It was plain and simple while I'm afraid Netlfix will make it like some serial killer type of S.hit.

What boggles my mind is that the whole world is talking about the movie since weeks and Britney on her instagram acts like nothing is happening. Of course it is some legal bond thing but still it boggles my mind that every news outlet, media is talking about it  but nobody can get a statement from Britney or her team. Please what bs. If her dad is so innocent then why can't he let her daughter or himself talk. The closest was her boyfriend talk and that was the biggest confirmation after the doc and I'm glad he talked.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Marcanthony said:

What other story?

NYT doc was a good one but i agree it didn't look very professional in a way.  The trailer made it look like it would talk about the conservatorship which it did but it mostly talked about the misogyny in the society in the 2000s and how media treated her. They are two different topics. Justin apologizing to Britney wouldn't affect conservatorship abuse. The problem is everyone has signed a bond so it's hard to make someone even talk.

What FX did right was it didn't glamorize this "movie" like a suspense/thriller genre. It was plain and simple while I'm afraid Netlfix will make it like some serial killer type of S.hit.

What boggles my mind is that the whole world is talking about the movie since weeks and Britney on her instagram acts like nothing is happening. Of course it is some legal bond thing but still it boggles my mind that every news outlet, media is talking about it  but nobody can get a statement from Britney or her team. Please what bs. If her dad is so innocent then why can't he let her daughter or himself talk. The closest was her boyfriend talk and that was the biggest confirmation after the doc and I'm glad he talked.

They're kind of damned if they do and damned if they don't about releasing a statement. If they stay silent, we criticize. If they get Britney on video reading some hostage script, we criticize. Either way, I love that they are kind of screwed there.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Maybe MGM was pushing for a performance as part of the announcement, but Jamie's team did not agree to that originally when planning the residency?

The accouncement itself was so weird, there was something else going on that we still don't know about. 

12 hours ago, Alfaromeo said:

Do not always believe smiles on a TV or picture. Maybe she looked happy but real life the truth maybe is different. 

Of course, but her smiles did not look fake to me that night. I've seen her fake smiles many times before lol. She didn't look upset to be there. That's just not the feeling I got from what I saw. The reports are making it seem like she was super pissed and stormed off but that's not what it appeared to be. Of course we'll never really know but that's almost everything related to the c-ship.

2 hours ago, Marcanthony said:

What other story?

It was a story un-related to Britney...But the topic was something I would be considered an "expert" on so the journalist backed down right away and openly admitted his mistake.

It is true that most everyone has signed an Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) so finding people willing to talk about Britney becomes a nightmare for filmmakers.

As for Britney and her Team remaining silent...That's exactly the way they've done it since 2008. It's not a shock that they haven't changed in 2021...It's hard to create a story or a headline out of a "no comment" reaction.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Robbyyyy said:

Maybe MGM was pushing for a performance as part of the announcement, but Jamie's team did not agree to that originally when planning the residency?

The accouncement itself was so weird, there was something else going on that we still don't know about. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it stipulated right in her MGM contract whether the announcement was to include a performance.

I wish we could obtain a copy of that contract!

Team Con's "strategy" has always been to keep quiet and to throw out "Jamie loves his daughter a lot" statements every few months or years. they still think by keeping silent 99% of the time, they're able to escape and keep going. and until now it wroked because media outlets, in their true money grabbing trashy fashion, never asked questions, because why would they. even now most of them, who used to trash britney once upon a time, only report on this whole thing to capitalize. i think the only thing that will force them to ruthlessly (but unsuscessfully) defend themselves is a documentary that investigates all of their actions. which i hope the netflix one will be doing.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Honestly this is just one of those many mysteries in the world of Britney we may never know the truth about. I do think something bad must have happened as I'm pretty sure Britney was supposed to make a big announcement on the stage (if not a performance).

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Musicandsoul said:

that would make sense why she was dancing comfortably again. 

Sis lets not lie to ourselves Britney hasn’t danced comfortable since the house of blues tour in 2007. She was dancing exactly like Vegas in the domination videos and I don’t blame her putting no effort into the dancing if I didn’t have freedom. I’d feel lifeless 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

In terms of what suddenly triggered her ... Britney is in her late 30s. She has said she wants more kids. And we’ve heard from others that her team prevents this ... Maybe that was a breaking point for her? 

• Like 4