All UK adults to be offered COVID Vaccine by 31 July

All adults in the UK will be offered their first dose of a coronavirus vaccine by the end of July, the prime minister has pledged.

More than 17 million people have been given a jab since the UK's Covid vaccine rollout began in December 2020.

But Boris Johnson said he now wants the programme to "go further and faster".

He said the July target would allow vulnerable people to be protected "sooner" and would help to further ease lockdown rules across the country.

NHS England chief executive Sir Simon Stevens said there were "early signs" the vaccine rollout was contributing to a fall in hospital admissions.

The PM is due to hold a final meeting with senior ministers about how to ease England's lockdown later, before he sets out the full "road map" on Monday.

A speedy rollout of the vaccine to all vulnerable people is seen as critical to reducing the pandemic's death toll and relieving pressure on the NHS. 

The government's previous target was to offer all adults the first dose by September.

The new plan means that by 15 April, all adults aged 50 and over, as well as younger people with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk, should have been offered a jab.

Source: BBC

_116835120_vaccine_group_feb04_640-nc.pn

I cannot wait to get my Vaccine, i'll probably be one of the last people here to get it in July! This is positive news!

Could-Pfizer-COVID-19-vaccine-get-green-light-this-week_wrbm_large.jpg.d02d71796981c02059248ad0b7e8dbf0.jpg

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block