Strombo, famous Canadian interviewer, tweets about meeting Britney

Soso

If you have the chance to watch the whole interview, do it, it’s honestly one of the best Britney did in her career.  It’s really sad to see how she couldn’t relate at all when he asked about celebrities loosing their minds. She really thought her family was in it for the good reasons. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I hate it when people say Britney is "Just another celebrity falling victim to the media"

No, it's so much more than that. Her situation is complex af and it's not because she's naive or because she made the wrong decisions. Several different parties took advantage of her at the same time and literally made sure she would fall. She would never have done this if people behind the scenes tried to chain her down constantly. Despite her immense success, I would say she was dealt a really bad hand.

1 hour ago, Goten21 said:

This is why I hate it when people say Britney is "Just another celebrity falling victim to the media"

No, it's so much more than that. Her situation is complex af and it's not because she's naive or because she made the wrong decisions. Several different parties took advantage of her at the same time and literally made sure she would fall. She would never have done this if people behind the scenes tried to chain her down constantly. Despite her immense success, I would say she was dealt a really bad hand.

You couldn’t have said it better.

There were/are a lot of people, vultures, around her, trying to profit off her. They were working together, planning to take her down, as you say.

She’s a smart person and normally they wouldn’t have succeeded. However, the minute she started struggling, it’s the very minute they decided to go through with it and attack. 

5 hours ago, Goten21 said:

I mean to be fair — she was naive and made wrong decisions. Who isn’t in their teens and early 20s? She was just placed under such an intense scrutiny and limelight with an immense amount of fame, which didn’t allow for her to grow as a person. 

What a sweet interview.  I'm guessing this was before things went downhill.  He touched on a lot of topics she faced over the years, but because she was innocent and let her father and other parties get too involved, she got screwed over.  I respect her how she strives to live as normally as possible and not let the fame and stardom change her. But unfortunately, that gets too big and out of your control. :( 

Archived