Jamie's Lawyer Vivian Thoreen releases statement after 'Framing Britney Spears' Documentary

Slayer

1 hour ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

A bit off topic but...

Am i the only one thinking that schizophrenia is the only legitimate reason for Britney to be in a conservatorship due to periodic psychosis making her unable to think straight and reasonable? I mean no other mental illness could possibly legitimize a conservatorship, except for diagnoses we for sure know she doesn't have that would definitely show.

Btw i dont think she's psychotic but as she said in FTR she is constantly surrounded by doctors so there's that. And Kevin operates as the main parent despite her being home 24/7 and not working. 

I dont believe retrograde amnesia would result in constant medical analyses. And depression and anxiety should be overcome in thirteen years with her kind of money for therapy sessions. None of this would make sense in regards to personal conservatorship anyway but returning psychosis. Ppl closely related to her dont speak up because mental illness is sensitive and very personal information, so they smoothen things out to the media because they have no other choice. 

And if it's because of her having bipolar disorder, then Kanye would've had Kris Jenner as his conservator now, and Demi Lovato would be under one as well with her overdose on top of the disorder etc. So it cant be that either.

if schizophrenia was the case, which I really doubt is, then the kind of conservatorship that would apply is an LPS conservatorship (she's under a Probate Conservatorship)

The LPS conservatorship applies for these illnesses:

• Schizophrenia,
  • Bi-Polar Disorder (Manic Depression),
  • Schizo-affective Disorder,
  • Clinical Depression, and
  • Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

• When can I establish an LPS conservatorship?

The Court will not let you establish an LPS conservatorship unless it finds beyond a reasonable doubt, that the mentally ill person, is gravely disabled. Gravely disabled means that, because of a mental disorder, the person cannot take care of his/her basic, personal needs for food, clothing, or shelter.

If you or another adult can provide for the person’s basic needs, the Court cannot find the person to be gravely disabled. This means you may not need to establish a conservatorship.

• How do I decide if the mentally ill person is gravely disabled?

You do not decide. You must take the mentally ill person to a psychiatrist authorized to do LPS evaluations. The psychiatrist must say the person is gravely disabled. And, s/he must make a referral to the Office of the Public Guardian .

This type of conservatorship only lasts for 1 year, and if there isn't a renewal, the person is free to do as they please.

What if I can’t establish an LPS conservatorship?

If a friend or relative is just acting strangely, you may be worried, but you may not be able to take legal action. If a mentally ill person does not want to be treated, you cannot force treatment unless s/he is a danger to him/herself or others. Or, unless the person cannot take care of him/herself.

If your friend or relative is mentally ill and a danger to him/herself or to others, you can:

• Try to convince him/her to go with you to an emergency psychiatric facility, or
  • Call 911 or your local police department if there is an emergency. Most officers are trained to handle mental illness calls. Explain the problem when you call.

And we go back to the same point that we've kept repeating over and over, IF she was so mentally ill as to need a conservatorship, then how tf was she acting on How I Met Your Mother just a couple of months later? And everything she's done this past decade. Heck, just a couple of DAYS after the conservatorship was put in place she was already at a dance studio. If she was so ill, shouldn't she have stayed home or at a mental institution for some months? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: What professional doctor would recommend work as an actual form of therapy?

• Love 7
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

if schizophrenia was the case, which I really doubt is, then the kind of conservatorship that would apply is an LPS conservatorship (she's under a Probate Conservatorship)

• Schizophrenia,

Okay thanks for the info. 

Under a probate conservatorship the conservator must not place the conservatee in a locked mental institution against his or her will :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

• Like 1

On the schizophrenia/bipolar/psychosis matter I’d just like to add that most people with these disorders live normal lives, as much as they’re able to. Neither of these disorders is a “death sentence” so to speak, and it’s absolutely not always or even most times a reason for a conservatorship. If it is, then the disorder is so disabling that regular, constant work wouldn’t be possible. If Britney was constantly psychotic, or even if it was a recurring thing with breaks in between, you would notice it. These things don’t interfere when you have time for them to interfere (off tour, no promo etc) and otherwise stay put when you’re busy. Let’s not try to act now as if we don’t have enough information that proves Britney doesn’t need to be in this cship, whatever illness she does or doesn’t have included. That part is none of our business anyway.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Idk if I should post this here but here’s this new TMZ report about Kim & Kanye’s divorce and custody sharing in which Kanye’s bipolar disorder is NOT A PROBLEM. Notice how different the tone is when talking about a man, one who’s rich AND mentally ill but refuses conventional medical treatment for his illness. Well, luckily Kanye hasn’t been stripped of his human rights, forced to take meds, locked in a conservatorship and he still has joint legal & joint physical custody of all FOUR of his kids who are under the age of 7.

All Kanye needs is to have a nanny or two help out with the kids when they’re visiting with him, but without a nanny’s “assistance” he’s still viewed as a “good dad”. According to TMZ, nannies are the safety net for Kanye West as a dad. The safety net for Britney Spears is a lifelong conservatorship where everyone is profiting off of her.🙄 Too bad TMZ’s Harvey Levin never extended this goodwill and high level of grace & humanity towards Britney. He never will. Harvey’s a  ***ist pig!! #FreeBritney

More of this MISOGYNISTIC HYPOCRISY below.

————————

“KIM & KANYE DIVORCE

KANYE’S MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES WON'T AFFECT JOINT CUSTODY“ via TMZ

Kanye West's mental health issues will not have an impact on Kim Kardashian's move to share custody of their 4 kids, because there's always been a safety net in place and that won't change.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Kim totally trusts Kanye with their kids. That said ... given their lifestyle, he's rarely alone with them. In good times and bad, there are almost always caretakers or family members around the children.

While the majority of time is spent with help ... our sources say Kanye's a great dad, and over the last few months even made a couple trips with just him and some of the kids ... no additional assistance.“

source: https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/20/kim-kanye-joint-custody-mental-health-non-factor/

• Like 6
On 2/20/2021 at 2:12 AM, MortalMarshmallow said:

A bit off topic but...

Am i the only one thinking that schizophrenia is the only legitimate reason for Britney to be in a conservatorship due to periodic psychosis making her unable to think straight and reasonable? I mean no other mental illness could possibly legitimize a conservatorship, except for diagnoses we for sure know she doesn't have that would definitely show.

Btw i dont think she's psychotic but as she said in FTR she is constantly surrounded by doctors so there's that. And Kevin operates as the main parent despite her being home 24/7 and not working. 

I dont believe retrograde amnesia would result in constant medical analyses. And depression and anxiety should be overcome in thirteen years with her kind of money for therapy sessions. None of this would make sense in regards to personal conservatorship anyway but returning psychosis. Ppl closely related to her dont speak up because mental illness is sensitive and very personal information, so they smoothen things out to the media because they have no other choice. 

And if it's because of her having bipolar disorder, then Kanye would've had Kris Jenner as his conservator now, and Demi Lovato would be under one as well with her overdose on top of the disorder etc. So it cant be that either.

But if Britney really has these issues as you wrote, why should Jamie then lied to the court and wrote that Brit has dementia? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:He could tell the truth then. Makes no sense.And it's weird that he's had Britney,Jayden and Preston's medical records sealed.It´s like he hides something. Not even her own mother gets an insight.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:57 AM, PokemonSpears said:

• Schizophrenia,

This type of conservatorship only lasts for 1 year, and if there isn't a renewal, the person is free to do as they please.

And we go back to the same point that we've kept repeating over and over, IF she was so mentally ill as to need a conservatorship, then how tf was she acting on How I Met Your Mother just a couple of months later? And everything she's done this past decade. Heck, just a couple of DAYS after the conservatorship was put in place she was already at a dance studio. If she was so ill, shouldn't she have stayed home or at a mental institution for some months? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: What professional doctor would recommend work as an actual form of therapy?

But Britney was at home for around two years around the Femme Fatal era. She said it in an interview. Nevertheless, she has done too much work after the c-ship was placed. She was already overworked during In The Zone era and until now she did never really rest. She rises, two children, two divorces, the paparazzi, some friends, and family members have passed away, her little sister got pregnant and there were rumors that Dan Schneider (the producer of Zoey 101 ) was the father of her baby, then all the other private problems, many world tours, promo tours, commercials, foto shootings and album/music video productions on top.I don´t know but maybe Brit should rest for ten years or so to come down, reflecting on the past and rebuilt a new life.

15 hours ago, generation glory said:

Idk if I should post this here but here’s this new TMZ report about Kim & Kanye’s divorce and custody sharing in which Kanye’s bipolar disorder is NOT A PROBLEM. Notice how different the tone is when talking about a man, one who’s rich AND mentally ill but refuses conventional medical treatment for his illness. Well, luckily Kanye hasn’t been stripped of his human rights, forced to take meds, locked in a conservatorship and he still has joint legal & joint physical custody of all FOUR of his kids who are under the age of 7.

All Kanye needs is to have a nanny or two help out with the kids when they’re visiting with him, but without a nanny’s “assistance” he’s still viewed as a “good dad”. According to TMZ, nannies are the safety net for Kanye West as a dad. The safety net for Britney Spears is a lifelong conservatorship where everyone is profiting off of her.🙄 Too bad TMZ’s Harvey Levin never extended this goodwill and high level of grace & humanity towards Britney. He never will. Harvey’s a  ***ist pig!! #FreeBritney

More of this MISOGYNISTIC HYPOCRISY below.

————————

“KIM & KANYE DIVORCE

KANYE’S MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES WON'T AFFECT JOINT CUSTODY“ via TMZ

Kanye West's mental health issues will not have an impact on Kim Kardashian's move to share custody of their 4 kids, because there's always been a safety net in place and that won't change.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Kim totally trusts Kanye with their kids. That said ... given their lifestyle, he's rarely alone with them. In good times and bad, there are almost always caretakers or family members around the children.

While the majority of time is spent with help ... our sources say Kanye's a great dad, and over the last few months even made a couple trips with just him and some of the kids ... no additional assistance.“

source: https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/20/kim-kanye-joint-custody-mental-health-non-factor/

Good post.
Kim Kardashian is a lot of things but she is calculated and on the pulse. Joint custody is a better option long term and reduces a nasty fight publicly. Even if privately she has more time with the kids. 

Also in Kimye situation they both have money and don’t rely on child support payments to Support their lifestyle. K- Fed still hasn’t found a way to monetise his situation at all. Even tho there are plenty of untalented influencers online selling lame apparel. 
Harvey/ TMZ will always be misogynistic. But Kim has learned to control HER narrative. Kris Jenner is also smart and protects her kids. Another thing the Spears family don’t do well is protecting the brand/ image of the family. Jamie and his team is trash and happily let Britney take the fall for his mistakes over and over. They have an awful relationship with Britney and it shows unlike the KKW. 

• Like 2