Beyoncé Helping People Impacted by Winter Storm Blackouts

Midnight

• Content Curators

Beyoncé and Solange Knowles are among the artists stepping up to help the millions of Texans who've been left in the dark following a massive blackout triggered by a devastating winter storm earlier this week. Bey has teamed with Adidas via her BeyGOOD charity to help Houstonians through via frequent non-profit partner Bread of Life.

According to the Texas Tribune, the Texas power grid was "seconds and minutes" away form a catastrophic failure that could have plunged the state's residents into the dark for months. The state -- which has its own independent power grid -- has been hit by massive blackouts over the course of this week after a massive winter storm tripped natural gas, coal and wind power plants offline due to spiking demand. As of Thursday, more than seven million Texans were under boil water advisories in the wake of the storms that caused pipes to freeze, homes to flood and so far are tied to more than two dozen deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning and exposure.

Billboard

Bey.JPG

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dyllanwhite said:

Glad she’s helping! Cuz *cough cough* Ted Cruz is a piece of work... cancun?! This is the TIME to be home and help out. Oufffff

If trump was in office, you guys sure as hell would be blaming him for not doing anything. But since there isn’t a republican in office, let’s see who is the next conservative we can whine about. Don’t see anyone calling out sleepy Joe for not doing **** either. 

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, MonAmour said:

Well, Thiefonce can't do anything good without us hearing about it. Maybe for a change, she should release music without payola? See how well it actually does?

She can release an album and sell 1 copy and she would still be Beyonce :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

I wanna be there when you touch fire

10 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

If trump was in office, you guys sure as hell would be blaming him for not doing anything. But since there isn’t a republican in office, let’s see who is the next conservative we can whine about. Don’t see anyone calling out sleepy Joe for not doing **** either. 

You're kidding me right??? He declared an emergency declaration for the State, signed a significant  emergency disaster relief bill, and sent FEMA to aid during the storm for Texan's affected by this. Humanity over politics. SMH.

Archived