What Do You Think of Britney Dating Kevin While He Was Already Taken?

Blackout2006

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Britney but that's just horrible judgement on her part and reeks of desperation. You could tell she was desperate for love and a family so she probably didn't care. Obviously K-trash was the one in a relationship (with a PREGNANT woman) but still. Didn't she date her married back up dancer too?

8 minutes ago, Sparks said:

I love Britney but that's just horrible judgement on her part and reeks of desperation. You could tell she was desperate for love and a family so she probably didn't care. Obviously K-trash was the one in a relationship (with a PREGNANT woman) but still. Didn't she date her married back up dancer too?

MTE. Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you deny that what Britney did was morally wrong. So thats why i was curious on asking everyone

10 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Probably because it was documented on Chaotic that Kevin told her that they broke up before him and Britney got together. She's suppose to know he lied about it? 

Probably...considering most women might not know the person they r dating is cheating on them, chances are most likely that Britney didn't know what was happening...

3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Probably...considering most women might not know the person they r dating is cheating on them, chances are most likely that Britney didn't know what was happening...

Kevin said theyd been broken up for awhile before he met Britney. I honestly believe him. But he was probably still living with Shar because he had nowhere else to go and because he had kids with her until Britney came around. Britney herself also questioned how they met, and wondered if it was a setup. This was all documented by her on Chaotic. 

3 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Kevin said theyd been broken up for awhile before he met Britney. I honestly believe him. But he was probably still living with Shar because he had nowhere else to go and because he had kids with her until Britney came around. Britney herself also questioned how they met, and wondered if it was a setup. This was all documented by her on Chaotic. 

So we can basically then agree that Britney really wasn't at fault?

5 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yeah I guess. Do you think 2007 was a sense of karma?

Karma? That's harsh. I don't think that was karma because I don't think Britney was malicious. She didn't intend to steal someone's man, she fell for a tramp. Maybe the resolve of the relationship was karma but I think Britney's self-esteem was destroyed and she tried to avoid situations that flared or triggered PTSD. Avoidance behavior, or "rebellion", made her a target because she wasn't on her A-game. Vultures swooped and check-mated her before she knew she was playing. I still think it was all to force her to complete contractual obligations but then the goal post kept being moved. 

3 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Karma? That's harsh. I don't think that was karma because I don't think Britney was malicious. She didn't intend to steal someone's man, she fell for a tramp. Maybe the resolve of the relationship was karma but I think Britney's self-esteem was destroyed and she tried to avoid situations that flared or triggered PTSD. Avoidance behavior, or "rebellion", made her a target because she wasn't on her A-game. Vultures swooped and check-mated her before she knew she was playing. I still think it was all to force her to complete contractual obligations but then the goal post kept being moved. 

Yeah I think it was unprecedented. It wasnt brits fault at all

10 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I still think it was all to force her to complete contractual obligations but then the goal post kept being moved. 

This is my whole point of contention in all of this.

Did Britney have a chance to either re-structure her record deal or leave her label all-together in late 2004- early 2005?

I don't care how much her label promoted her.  While Britney worked extremely hard, her label was  concerned about making money first, not her mental health or even her overall health during ANY of the years she was a star.

She was the one battling her label back in late 2004 and early 2005?  Why did she just seemingly continue to approach the business the same way after that?

If Britney and Kevin moved to Idaho, Montana or New Mexico would anyone care about the relationship?  It's baffling in retrospect to believe she was ever going to enjoy being a wife and mother during that time while still living in the spotlight glare of Los Angeles  and always being scrutinized and photographed.

But we know she never left the spotlight likely because of her contractual obligations.  So the question for me always comes back to 2004-2005.

Personally, I never blamed Britney. And the thing is, if Kevin had not met Britney, he would have cheated with someone else for sure...

And, generally speaking, I don't think we should blame women with whom men cheat on their girlfriends/wives... Cuz these women don't owe those girlfriends/wives anything, they don't even know them most of the time... And, sadly, we tend to justify men by shifting the blame on women... as if men are so weak-willed... Like, poor lamb, got caught in this bad woman's net...  it's BS...

Loyalty is a mutual responsibility of the couple to each otherit should not be the third party's responsibility... It is impossible to 'steal' anyone from a relationship if they don't want to be 'stolen'. The moment a man(woman) agrees  to cheat, that's his(her) problem...

The only mistake of these women(men) is that they think 'the cheater' won't do this to them. That with her(him) it will be different story...

25 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

Personally, I never blamed Britney. And the thing is, if Kevin had not met Britney, he would have cheated with someone else for sure...

And, generally speaking, I don't think we should blame women with whom men cheat on their girlfriends/wives... Cuz these women don't owe those girlfriends/wives anything, they don't even know them most of the time... And, sadly, we tend to justify men by shifting the blame on women... as if men are so weak-willed... Like, poor lamb, got caught in this bad woman's net...  it's BS...

Loyalty is a mutual responsibility of the couple to each otherit should not be the third party's responsibility... It is impossible to 'steal' anyone from a relationship if they don't want to be 'stolen'. The moment a man(woman) agrees  to cheat, that's his(her) problem...

The only mistake of these women(men) is that they think 'the cheater' won't do this to them. That with her(him) it will be different story...

Absolute yes to this :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

53 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

This is my whole point of contention in all of this.

Did Britney have a chance to either re-structure her record deal or leave her label all-together in late 2004- early 2005?

I don't care how much her label promoted her.  While Britney worked extremely hard, her label was  concerned about making money first, not her mental health or even her overall health during ANY of the years she was a star.

She was the one battling her label back in late 2004 and early 2005?  Why did she just seemingly continue to approach the business the same way after that?

If Britney and Kevin moved to Idaho, Montana or New Mexico would anyone care about the relationship?  It's baffling in retrospect to believe she was ever going to enjoy being a wife and mother during that time while still living in the spotlight glare of Los Angeles  and always being scrutinized and photographed.

But we know she never left the spotlight likely because of her contractual obligations.  So the question for me always comes back to 2004-2005.

I agree - all of this started Summer of 2004 when she hurt her knee on the "Outrageous" set but I think the contractual issues started when the issues with the radio ban began. Then the issue with her Pepsi contract. Britney didn't and doesn't play politics well (which is why I admire her). 

Archived