Compilation Albums/Forgotten Singles

FeedTheStans

I have a random question about The Singles Collection track list. I find it odd that they chose Born to Make You Happy to be on the album, since it wasn't even released as a single in the US. Why not Sometimes?  Same goes for the songs chosen from the Britney album. In my understanding, Overprotected was a bigger hit than Boys

I also wonder why Lucky wasn't included? If it would have been, it would have made it a minimum of three songs from each album (except for Blackout, but I guess that's because Break the Ice was a halfa**ed single with no proper music video)

I also found it interesting how From the Bottom of my Broken Heart , Don't Let Me Be The Last to Know  and I Love Rock n' Roll are always forgotten about.

DLMBTLTK and ILRNR are included on the UK, Australia and Japan (ILRNR on the International version ) of Greatest Hits: My Prerogative. In a way I can see the reason for ILRNR not often being included because it is not an original Britney song, but she has performed it a lot tho. DLMBTLTK is also featured on B in the Mix: The Remixes, which kinda is a compilation album. 

Now, FTBOMBH is nowhere to be seen or heard from, why is that? It obviously wasn't a huge hit, but at least it was released as a single in the US, unlike BTMYH.

Sorry if this thread is a boring flop, I wanted to post something a little more lighthearted in the middle of all the #FreeBritney posts. :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

Spoiler

Also, can we talk about this cover. Why is there two pictures from the BOMT era (Second pic from BTMYH music video)? Also, is team B such a flop that they didn't notice that the picture chosen for the album Britney and In the Zone are in the wrong order.....?

Britney_The_Singles_Collection.png

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney's Greatest Hits and TSC always annoyed me bc really the names should have been switched. GH:MP was just a collection of her singles up until that time and TSC was her greatest hits at the time lol. And it was way too soon after GH:MP.

So for TSC, it was really a highlights aka greatest hits or best of album. That's why songs like Lucky and DLMBTLTK are left off - if they were only going to put on two tracks from Oops, it was clearly going to be Oops and Stronger.

3 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Britney's Greatest Hits and TSC always annoyed me bc really the names should have been switched. GH:MP was just a collection of her singles up until that time and TSC was her greatest hits at the time lol. And it was way too soon after GH:MP.

So for TSC, it was really a highlights aka greatest hits or best of album. That's why songs like Lucky and DLMBTLTK are left off - if they were only going to put on two tracks from Oops, it was clearly going to be Oops and Stronger.

GH:MP contained nothing but hits. 

The tracklisting was a bit random but every single was included in the boxset. I think for the album at least they were going with some of the bigger/more popular hits but I do agree that Overprotected was more of a hit than Boys was.

I think that might be why From the Bottom Of My Broken Heart, I Love Rock N Roll and Don't Let Me Be the Last To Know weren't included as they weren't really 'hits' compared to some of the other songs on the main tracklisting. Don't Let Me Be the Last To Know didn't even chart in the US. It's also work keeping in mind that From the Bottom Of My Broken Heart and I Love Rock N Roll were region-specific singles (From the Bottom Of My Broken Heart was released in most countries outside of Europe, I Love Rock N Roll was not released in the US and France (France got Anticipating as a single instead)).

2 hours ago, Goten21 said:

GH:MP contained nothing but hits. 

Lol it's classic Britney songs but they weren't all hits. MP, Boys, Overprotected, Lucky, Not A Girl, DS were all considered flops. Some people consider MATM a flop as well.

My point was that GH:MP was more like ALL of her singles than a selective greatest hits album. That's what TSC was. So the names really should have switched. Britney was a little too young and new into her career to really have a Greatest Hits album in 2004.

TSC was really more of a "best of hits" album.

55 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Lol it's classic Britney songs but they weren't all hits. MP, Boys, Overprotected, Lucky, Not A Girl, DS were all considered flops. Some people consider MATM a flop as well.

My point was that GH:MP was more like ALL of her singles than a selective greatest hits album. That's what TSC was. So the names really should have switched. Britney was a little too young and new into her career to really have a Greatest Hits album in 2004.

MaTm only flopped in the us, cos of Madonna's ban on radio for speaking out against The war on Iraq and her views on Bush and the GOP, however she wasn't cancelled like The Chicks were and I think it was because she's pop Music and does a liberal based genre of music..

1 hour ago, PickleSpears said:

I was jk lmao

Britney is a world star and not just a US singer. She has fans all over the world, a lot in Europe. So they have to please the taste of everyone. During her prime, she was even more successful overseas. Overprotected may be a huge hit in the UK and the US, but it was not a worldwide release. I think that's why they choose Boys instead. And Sometimes is the weakest single from the Baby album even when it is a fan favorite. But I agree, with Lucky, it is strange. Even the adults and the non-Britney fans loved the song when it would be released.

1 hour ago, Cinderella85 said:

Britney is a world star and not just a US singer. She has fans all over the world, a lot in Europe. So they have to please the taste of everyone. During her prime, she was even more successful overseas. Overprotected may be a huge hit in the UK and the US, but it was not a worldwide release. I think that's why they choose Boys instead. And Sometimes is the weakest single from the Baby album even when it is a fan favorite. But I agree, with Lucky, it is strange. Even the adults and the non-Britney fans loved the song when it would be released.

Overprotected was a worldwide release though? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

16 minutes ago, Isla said:

Overprotected was a worldwide release though? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

No.As far as I now just in the UK,Australia (as their second single from the album)  and the  US.( as the third single from the album)They not even played it at the music channels back then in the most country's.

Britney Album singles:

Worldwide release:

I´m A Slave For You 

Not A Girl

Boys

French+ Japan:

Anticipating

I Love Rock ´N´ Roll ( I´m not sure,but I think the song was not released world wide,America missed it)

Philippines:

That´s Were You Take Me

12 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

No.As far as I now just in the UK,Australia (as their second single from the album)  and the  US.( as the third single from the album)They not even played it at the music channels back then in the most country's.

Britney Album singles:

Worldwide release:

I´m A Slave For You 

Not A Girl

Boys

French+ Japan:

Anticipating

I Love Rock ´N´ Roll ( I´m not sure,but I think the song was not released world wide,America missed it)

Philippines:

That´s Were You Take Me

No, Overprotected was released worldwide, It has physical singles released in multiple countries, such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, South Africa, Israel, etc. 

Archived